• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Mau ®

Let's review 2010:

- Beyoncé is struggling to be called an artist after the critically lambasted Sasha Fierce, and featuring on Telephone is seen as a daring and artistic move.
- Rihanna sharts out another album of fillers that is merely a vessel to move the singles. Her stage presence and voice remain dire.
- Gaga is at the peak of the industry and pop culture worldwide, both with critical and commercial acclaim.
- Britney Spears, though highly medicated, is garnering enough attention to out-sell most of her peers.
- Adele has sold roughly 3 million copies worldwide.

Now in 2016:

- Beyoncé is now regarded among the most creatively daring artists to have walked the planet, caused a disruption in album releases that would forever impact the industry, and commands the highest demand for touring out of any act.
- Rihanna evolved to become an artist with disregard for industry trends and actively attempts to create memorable albums and performances (whether she hits or misses the mark is another question).
- Gaga is a joke who ceased to become self-aware of her work and now spends her time role-playing personas in an act of desperate defiance that is at the peak of creative bankruptcy. Commercially, she is now considered below Katy Perry.
- Britney Spears exchanged career success for progress in mental health. Can no longer move record numbers or book top of the line producers, and joins fellow musketeer Christina in the musical afterlife.
- Adele has sold over 55 million albums.

And we still have some girls up here thinking like we're in 2010.

eSoeT60.gif

💀💀💀💀

The Flop

Banned
PI would never have seen the light of Radio if it wasn't for Gaga. No tea no shade, but it's not a great start for ha.

I love me some Gags, and I like that she's trying a new route, but you can tell she doesn't want to be a Pop Girl anymore, but ha label does.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
3692412.JPG

Box Set Details:
·Slipcase with die-cut of the classic Evanescence ‘e’ logo
·Casebound book - 52 page collectable art portfolio
oFeatures never before seen photos, handwritten lyrics and art
·All albums are on 180-gram heavyweight vinyl
·The Open Door and Evanescence have never been released on vinyl
·Origin, Evanescence’s self released album, is making it’s commercial debut
oPreviously only self-released and is a vinyl box set exclusive
·Lost Whispers is the career spanning collection of b-sides
oTwo new tracks including “Even In Death (2016)” and “Lost Whispers”

Origin is coming
giphy.gif

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
what's the standout track on the new MIA

Freedun, New International Sound, Visa, A.M.P., Borders, Talk...

Really satisfying album. Straddles a line between the more skeletal, repetitive beats on Arular and the heavily world-influenced bangers of Kala and Matangi.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It wasn't lOOOVVVe it wasn't lOOOVVVe it was a perfect illuuuuussssion

this song is bad but it is entertaing to listen to

xaosslug

- Beyoncé commands the highest demand for touring out of any act.

pretty sure this remains Madonna, who stays charging double what everyone else charges -for front row - for NOSE BLEEDS and selling out. And then peeps turn around and sell those tickets for 3 times as much. smh

8WhGiL9.gif

Christina in the musical afterlife.

legit cannot wait for ur meltdown when Christina comes back HUGE. I mean she outlasted your fave (Britney) and surrogate fave (Gaga), and you remain mad & sad. Whelp. x_x

pwvufqt.gif

Koodo

Banned
pretty sure this remains Madonna, who stays charging double what everyone else charges -for front row - for NOSE BLEEDS and selling out. And then peeps turn around and sell those tickets for 3 times as much. smh
Someone didn't check the Rebel Heart tour gross.

8WhGiL9.gif

xaosslug

Koodo

Banned
you wrote it, sis. Now you want to try and move the goalposts?
smileyumm3iq30.gif
Madonna 'commands the highest demand for touring out of any act' literally. Not just solo artists or women - but ANY act.
Demand is not cost of entry and is measured in attendance. One tour crossed $200 million in 40 dates, the other failed to cross $200 million in 82 dates. One tour sold out stadiums, the other struggled to fill up arenas.

I understand touring is not a topic that you might think about often.

8WhGiL9.gif

xaosslug

Demand is not cost of entry and is measured in attendance. One tour crossed $200 million in 40 dates, the other failed to cross $200 million in 82 dates. One tour sold out stadiums, the other struggled to fill up arenas.

I understand touring is not a topic that you might think about often.

8WhGiL9.gif

demand has always been measured by how much someone will pay for something, but you tried. SMH

next time, word it differently, sis.

8WhGiL9.gif

MANUELF

Banned
legit cannot wait for ur meltdown when Christina comes back HUGE. I mean she outlasted your fave (Britney) and surrogate fave (Gaga), and you remain mad & sad. Whelp. x_x
You mean the same Christina that hasnt lead a number 1 song since 2000 and a number 1 album since 2006? That Christina? She has been dead in the water for a decade, let her go
tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

xaosslug

You mean the same Christina that hasnt lead a number 1 song since 2000 and a number 1 album since 2006? That Christina? She has been dead in the water for a decade, let her go
tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

yet she remains talked about, relevant, and gracing one of the biggest shows on TV w/ her presence... the show that killed juggernaut American Idol.

Christina is coming for your faves. Remember: I warned y'all.

U3yAmgY.gif

MANUELF

Banned
yet she remains about talked, relevant, and gracing one of the biggest shows on TV w/ her presence... the show that killed juggernaut American Idol.

Christina is coming for your faves. Remember: I warned y'all.

U3yAmgY.gif
She was all of that when Flopus released and still nothing of worth

Koodo

Banned
demand has always been measured by how much someone will pay for something, but you tried. SMH

next time, word it differently, sis.

8WhGiL9.gif
Price is a factor in demand and by itself is not the measure of demand. Demand is the consumers' willingness and ability to consume a given good. Given that the Formation Tour has significantly out-stripped the Rebel Heart Tour in average date gross, overall gross and attendance, the evidence at hand is that the demand curve of the Formation Tour is significantly to the right of the appalling numbers the Rebel Heart Tour posted – consumers' willingness to consume various quantities of Beyoncé at various price points is higher compared to that of Madonna.

The Formation Tour is the most demanded tour of any act this year, and if the schedule is extended, Beyoncé is a contender to have the most demanded tour of any female in history.

I would urge you to think a little more before posting next time, but going by the following:

when Christina comes back HUGE.

It's clear that logical thought is just a perfect illusion.

4gJB9un.gif

Frodo

Little Mons†er;216471073 said:
No

It's honestly my favourite song from her

It's never too late to appreciate good music ��

Ok. I'll bop then.

Edit: Into You uses that sound effect from Britney's (great) Trip to Your Heart.

xaosslug

Price is a factor in demand and by itself is not the measure of demand. Demand is the consumers' willingness and ability to consume a given good. Given that the Formation Tour has significantly out-stripped the Rebel Heart Tour in average date gross, overall gross and attendance, the evidence at hand is that the demand curve of the Formation Tour is significantly to the right of the appalling numbers the Rebel Heart Tour posted – consumers' willingness to consume various quantities of Beyoncé at various price points is higher compared to that of Madonna.

The Formation Tour is the most demanded tour of any act this year, and if the schedule is extended, Beyoncé is a contender to have the most demanded tour of any female in history.

I would urge you to think a little more before posting next time, but going by the following:

It's clear that logical thought is just a perfect illusion.

4gJB9un.gif

that's not how it works, and you KNOW this, yet you are still trying to save face. You even Google'd the definition of 'supply in demand' xD

i be SCREAMING.
IFTD8ym.gif

again:

Madonna LITERALLY 'commands higher demand' as you put it, seeing as how peeps are willing to pay nearly DOUBLE to see ha.

wnLsgS0.gif

Top Bottom