• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Ahasverus

What is the address?💅🏽
Oh-You-GIFS-4.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So who else went from not liking Perfect Illusion to kind of loving it

aye
I ended up waking up at 5 just randomly so stuck it on was immediately turned off
but now I adore

i wish other fans could let go of commercial success woes. gaga is fucking loaded and she will be as long as she continues to tour, sell perfumes, etc.

i don't care if perfect illusion flops and i wish less people would.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I think that fake PI song was catchier. I keep trying to remember how to sing Gagas's version and end up singing "ma ma ma pa perfect illusion." 💀💀💀

Phreaker

I went to bed after a few listens last night. I was real tired, but thrilled with the song. Woke up the AM turned it on while making coffee, loved it even more. Get on PopGAF to see if everyone is gagging. Some of y'all are crazy. The song is incredible.

There is one part that I'm wondering about. When she sings, "In a modern ecstasy". It sounds SO familiar to me, but I'm not able to place it and it's driving me crazy. Does she have that lyric or did she sing something in that melody in another song?

Ahasverus

PI gets better with time, after the initial shock it's becoming quite the good song. I'm just in love with the sound, sounds so contemporary yet so 70's, it's perfect for Gaga.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Gave it a third listen and the first 30 seconds of Perfect Illusion are so good. The chorus is just awful though and then it falls apart quickly after that.

rhandino

Banned
Gave it a third listen and the first 30 seconds of Perfect Illusion are so good. The chorus is just awful though and then it falls apart quickly after that.
An Ariana Grande's Focus T.

I hope the rest of the album delivers considering all the talent involved but It would be hysterical if some of the best professionals in the current industry end up delivering a mess.

iuIGMyx.gif

So who else went from not liking Perfect Illusion to kind of loving it

The weird thing is that on first listen I loved it, maybe it was the rock edge it had? But it appealed to me instantly!

Unlike Applause, I hated it on first listen, now it's a slayful bop

Bad Romance I found too weird on first listen, then I understood it and loved it

Born This Way was too Madonna like for me but it was catchy

Just Dance was an instant like, just like Perfect Illusion

WaffleTaco

An Ariana Grande's Focus T.

I hope the rest of the album delivers considering all the talent involved but It would be hysterical if some of the best professionals in the current industry end up delivering a mess.

iuIGMyx.gif
Can someone please tell me what T or Tea means?? I really am not a fan of being ignorant.

Mau ®

Pitchfork dragged "Perfect Illusion". Considering the people involved, you'd think they'd be all over it.

Oh well. Not everybody can be indie darlings like Bey and Rih.

Mau ®;216395688 said:
Pitchfork dragged "Perfect Illusion". Considering the people involved, you'd think they'd be all over it.

Most of the reviews have been really positive tho

Mau ®;216395688 said:

Yes two publications "dragged" a song

All the other publications love it

WaffleTaco

So Gaga's album does come out this year, interesting
Definitely after September so no surprise release this month. That way she probably has less competition for a Grammy...although she still won't win with Taylor Swift, Sam Smith Ed Sherran, Justin Bieber and whomever else is coming out in that time period.

Do you guys think Beyoncé is having another album come out this year? There were rumors around April of one and I just saw one the other day of it being a collab album with Jay Z.

I'm SHOOK that P4K didn't cream themselves over it.

Honestly me too. Like if The Departed didn't win the Oscar or something. The fact that they wrote out this massive thing just to shit on it though lol. Love when people get salty about her work

Half the gays on my fb feed love it, the other hate it. A signature Gaga single T

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;216395688 said:

jeremydlarson [8:32 AM]
the key change is unearned

yikes, this utterly SCALDING tea

Phreaker

There is one part that I'm wondering about. When she sings, "In a modern ecstasy". It sounds SO familiar to me, but I'm not able to place it and it's driving me crazy. Does she have that lyric or did she sing something in that melody in another song?

I figured it out, I think. That whole part reminds me of the chorus to Sexxx Dreams. I think I am hearing "makin love in my sex dreams" in the "in a modern ecstasy" part. Am I crazy?

rhandino

Banned
yikes, this utterly SCALDING tea
The way it get WORSE
and accurate

jill_mapes [8:36 AM]
Tame and Rih tho
ugh here's my deal with Gaga: she is not cool
she is a theater kid
(and no shade, I say this as an ex-theater kid)
she kind of can't not sing out with such immense earnestness

jeremydlarson [8:38 AM]
agreed, but when the music doesn’t create fireworks behind her, it makes her sound kind of foolish

l9AbAgX.gif

rhandino

Banned
People already banned on the Perfect Hallucination thread a sa;lkjdaslkdja;slkdjaslkdja's

l9AbAgX.gif

Also does anyone knows why Kanye keeps trying it at the Fashion industry when they clearly say that all his products are garbage? Because in the reviews about his new line they went IN.

Women’s Wear Daily: “This has become an abusive relationship. To a great extent, fashion and the press have only ourselves to blame. We’ve been world-class enablers of Kanye West, allowing him to put us at his mercy.”

The New York Times: “For a man known for his rambling, far-reaching riffs, in his fourth fashion season, it turned out Mr. West had nothing to say.”

The Washington Post: “Worse than bad… it was boring”—and that’s just the headline. Later, this damning kicker: “Fame is easy. Good clothes are hard.”

l9AbAgX.gif

Mau ®

Kanye's impact in fashion is real though. Go to any inditex owned store and a lot of their male's wear is based on his designs.

llehuty

The video is hard to stop watching and the song is a grower. Lord.

Not sold on the song, but the video is just... WOW

waiT at this video being really good... let me do some .gifs really quick!

1thek just uploaded the english subs to the music video (closed aptions)
And...

kara-gif.gif

I was there and beautiful enough
The night is gone, but we were beautiful
Will another moment this perfect ever come again?
Welcome to my carnival, when it opens
I'm leaving you
Don't worry, no tears
Tonight is just like yesterday night
Welcome to marvelous day
The day I've been dreaming of, waiting for
Every bit of me has been for you from the very beginning
So hold on to that thought and live on, forget about me

kara-gif.gif

Also, get into Gain's immaculate and diverse videography:
Bloom (Losing virginity)
Fuck U (Rape)
Paradise Lost (Religion)
And now dealing with death in Carnival (The last day)

WHEN.WILL.YOUR.FAVES?

WaffleTaco

People already banned on the Perfect Hallucination thread a sa;lkjdaslkdja;slkdjaslkdja's

l9AbAgX.gif

Also does anyone knows why Kanye keeps trying it at the Fashion industry when they clearly say that all his products are garbage? Because in the reviews about his new line they went IN.

l9AbAgX.gif
I mean his shoes have honestly gotten a lot better since they first appeared. He might just need time. He's very passionate about it, I will give him that.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
YASSS love tove lo
why the rap feature though

Top Bottom