• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So looked at the new music today and here our my thoughts:

This Town by Niall Horan (#1 on iTunes) sounds like a total Ed Sheeran rip off and not in a good way, but in an intentional way.

All We Know(feat. Phoebe Ryan) by The Chainsmokers, sounds too similar to Closer imo and is not as good, however I haven't listened to whole song yet so maybe there is hope.

I didn't realise the Bon Iver album had come out today, will take a listen to it over the weekend and probably a bit more.

Awwww, look at Solange proving that she's the smart sister by putting her album RIGHT on Spotify.

The sister with no name recognition you mean? No one's going to opt in to anything to hear her album. Putting it up on spotify should just be a common sense move for her. That being said, the album is pretty good and I've been stuck on F.U.B.U. all afternoon. Look at the Knowles sisters; WOKE as fuck. I'm loving it.

WaffleTaco

All right listened to the rest of Today's new music (minus Bon Iver) and that new Chainsmokers song is actually pretty decent, it's very chill and upbeat and of course the beat is great.

Selena Gomez is featured in a new song with some rapper (Tory Lanez) called Trust Nobody by Cashmere Cat. It is EDM and I would have described it as Selena's "This is What You Came For," except is ruined by the rapper.

Zedd came out with a song for The League of Legends World Championship, and it is called "Ignite." It's actuall pretty good, except it goes on too long and at the end of two minute mark it kind of falls apart.

Finally and last, but not least The Weeknd came out with a new song called "False Alarm," and I really really like it. I say this especially when I compare it to Star Boy, where that song generally is kind of a mess. The only negative thing I have to say about this is the chorus, but I'm going to give it another listen very soon.

Touchdown

Banned
Now say you mean
The world to me
Say what you are
It’s infamous
It’s such a rush
Reality
Reality
I’m so into you
I’m so into you
The things you do

I know it’s dangerous
But I believe
A greater love

3bbEJ_s-200x150.gif

royalan

The sister with no name recognition you mean? No one's going to opt in to anything to hear her album. Putting it up on spotify should just be a common sense move for her. That being said, the album is pretty good and I've been stuck on F.U.B.U. all afternoon. Look at the Knowles sisters; WOKE as fuck. I'm loving it.

Cranes in the Sky got me in my feelings. Like Solange hacked into my livejournal account, found the post I wrote but didn't publish because it was too real, then made a song out of it.

pKJpTpj.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Solanges new track is horrible

Tomodachi

All We Know(feat. Phoebe Ryan) by The Chainsmokers, sounds too similar to Closer imo and is not as good, however I haven't listened to whole song yet so maybe there is hope.
It's basically the same song, deleted it from my newmusic playlist after the first two minutes. Ewww.

Frodo

Closer is trash, tbh.

I'm actually liking All We Know better than closer. But yeah, both songs sound terribly similar.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Hillary should have Sia's the greatest as her soundtrack
all about that stamina

WaffleTaco

Hillary should have Sia's the greatest as her soundtrack
all about that stamina
I was thinking the same thing last night lol, plus the song goes great with her message about making the world better for women, minorities and LGBT+.

olympia

i like the beat in false alarm but there is just something about the chorus that really rubs me the wrong way. it's just really corny even for the weeknd

Matt_

potentially could stan dua lipa
hotter than hell, last dance >>>>>

The Flop

Banned
waiT at Pets Mart delivering the resurgence of "Worth iT" woooo LordT I've heard it at least 4 times on the radio the past two days.

Slay queens of dog grooming.

Also lettuce rank the ex Disney pop Girls. Or at least your top 5, cause some of these are literal hews.

Here is the list.

Christina Aguilera
Britney Spears
Demi Lovato
Selana Gomez
Miley Cyrus
Adrienne Bailon
Ashley Tisdale
Hilary Duff
Lindsay Lohan (I think she counts cause of all ha Disney Movies)
Vanessa Hudgens
Kevin Jonas

I love BANK's The Altar, already have few favorites.
Still digesting Bon Iver's.
Excited for new Kimbra, I didn't care for her previous album at all, but judging from the track she released I'm officially interested.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
First of all, welcome :* Tell us about your other faves?

My other faves. Hmmm...let's see. Top 3 would have to be Janelle Monae, Lady Gaga (Yes, even after ArtPop I still stand behind her), and Florence + The Machine.

WaffleTaco

They need to get over that, even the Weeknd himself isn't going back to that sound, and its for the better. They need to let an artist evolve and grow.
I agree and honestly I love new Weeknd while I just am not a fan of pre-Earned It Weeknd. Just am not and I think his music has become much more focused than his previous efforts.

Top Bottom