• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
You don't have to spend your life with me
You don't have to waste your energy

ef1Sxev.gif

We can just be rockin', yeah
We can just be rockin', yeah

ef1Sxev.gif

You better stan!

What are your top 5 songs on Starboy? After having it on rotation all this past week I solidified my list:

1. Secrets
2. Rockin'
3. A Lonely Night
4. Starboy
5. Love to Lay

Stargirl Interlude would have been up there (love Lana's vocals) if only it was a full song
ZRT8Dib.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Post your most played songs in 2016

https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1Cz0wZhOJoaU2R

1. Sansa - Gareth Emery
2. No One Needs To Know - Shania Twain
3. Stereo Love Mollela RMX Radio Edit - Edward Maya
4. Body - Baauer
5. Cold Water - Major Lazer
6. Everywhere - Michelle Branch
7. Lemonade - Alexandra Stan
8. Winterbreak Tiesto's Deep House Remix - MUNA
9. Flesh Without Blood - Grimes
10. One Dance - Drake
Really wish Apple Music had something like this

Vazduh

You better stan!

What are your top 5 songs on Starboy? After having it on rotation all this past week I solidified my list:

1. Secrets
2. Rockin'
3. A Lonely Night
4. Starboy
5. Love to Lay

Stargirl Interlude would have been up there (love Lana's vocals) if only it was a full song
ZRT8Dib.gif

I need more listens, but I... actually agree with that top 5.

Max Martin and his power! (he co-wrote and co-produced three of those tracks)

Lemme check my last.fm account.

So, turns out my top 10 for this year would be:

1. Foxes — Cruel (60 listens)
2. All Saints - One Strike (56 listens)
3. Charli XCX - Secret (Shh) (55)
4. Ace Wilder - Selfish (55)
5. Dua Lipa - Hotter Than Hell (54)
6. George Clanton - It Makes The Babies Want To Cry (54)
7. Carly Rae Jepsen - Fever (53)
8. Rihanna - Kiss It Better (53)
9. Ariana Grande - Into You (52)
10. Tegan and Sara - U-Turn (52)

Clickable links, for those who'd like to listen to the songs.

Bladenic

Eek I had forgotten that Foxes song but it's amazing. And YAS stan Dua Lipa (even tho it's not Be The One) and Tegan and Sara

WaffleTaco

Your most played playlist? Granted if you want a yearly breakdown maybe just reset plays.
I'm pretty sure mines screwed up. And how can you reset plays lol. My top like twenty are all from Sia's and Rihanna's album and I know for a fact I did not listen to them that much.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Kiss me better Vaz

royalan

LOL

Y'all are petty.

I'm less surprised by who's winning than I am by who's coming up in a close second.

You girls better vote.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The problem with hews is that I forgot who they were before i voted
two of mine were (truthful) jokes because of it

kpop is a flop anyway so...

The Flop

Banned
I anticipate my hews being in there, but they had a hell of year, while some of your favs will have to take the smegma off their careers but won't be on the list.

Ahasverus

So.. Song of the year? This year sucked ass, yes, but Work and Hotline Bling were pretty omniscient and not offensively terrible, so one of those 2.

Ahasverus

The fact that Hotline Bling is a 2015 song makes your list sadder
Daamn fuck this year sis. Did anything not suck?
Besides me, sadly

You better kill me before I consider the Chainsuckers a real music act or those decadent fools who D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E-D the charts of this shameful year.

Mess.

WaffleTaco

Daamn fuck this year sis. Did anything not suck?
Besides me, sadly

You better kill me before I consider the Chainsuckers a real music act or those decadent fools who D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E-D the charts of this shameful year.

Mess.

Chainsmokers make great beats and usually have decent vocals on them, along with catchy lyrics, and good flow. I mean you kind of have to have objective reasons not to like them. What are yours?

Chainsmokers make great beats and usually have decent vocals on them, along with catchy lyrics, and good flow. I mean you kind of have to have objective reasons not to like them. What are yours?
You don't need objective reasons to dislike music, but even if you did, the chainsmokers would fulfil that too by being pieces of shit.

WaffleTaco

You don't need objective reasons to dislike music, but even if you did, the chainsmokers would fulfil that too by being pieces of shit.

Personally I think you do need objective reasons, otherwise what is the point in having awards for music (which is the Grammy's needs to reconsider its purpose). I mean what is the reason chainsmokers are a piece of shit though? Also you can like something while realizing it is trash, and dislike something, but know that it is of quality.

B-Dex

I like how chainsmokers get called out yet some here still stan Natalia Teddy Name Changer for ruining an amateur artists career on national tv because he wore a suit which apparently means her talentless no name husband was being wholesale ripped off.

But I won't name names.

💅🏾

I like how chainsmokers get called out yet some here still stan Natalia Teddy Name Changer for ruining an amateur artists career on national tv because he wore a suit which apparently means her talentless no name husband was being wholesale ripped off.

But I won't name names.

����
pretty sure natalia killed her own career on national tv, not the career of misc x factor contestant #6 who probably got an outpouring of support after that nonsense.

the chainsmokers are shit.

rhandino

Banned
I see that someone is still steam pressed that the Chainsmokers spilled the T about how much Perfect Illusion 'sucked' while dominating the charts with a song featuring Halsey.

👀

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

But I won't name names.

💅🏾
That was actually scripted but coming from you its hard to take anything seriously. Also i like Closer. Sue me

royalan

Oh wow, looks like _________________ won't even get enough votes to make into the competition. The girls must really love ha

*Checks again 6 hours later*

...Nope! She's in. lol

Koodo

Banned
I hope the sister learned from previous failed attempts at awards and doesn't spread the reveal across half the calendar year.

uqZBm6v.gif

MANUELF

Banned
I hope the sister learned from previous failed attempts at awards and doesn't spread the reveal across half the calendar year.

uqZBm6v.gif

That reminds me there was another questionarie posted here about our favorite artist that has not been revealed yet
uqZBm6v.gif

royalan

You gurls voted. It was a contentious battle, with over 50 flops vying for the One Gold Album to rule them all. In the end, 12 stood out from the pack with the requisite number of votes. Here they are:

9oo9PTy.jpg

5th Harmony
SA1FQdJ.jpg

Carly Rae Jepsen
OD9eJyF.jpg

Keri Hilson
Oq6Gnt6.jpg

Marina and the Diamonds
5PmSQRY.jpg

Azealia Banks
QfRNYxi.jpg

Natalia Kills
pIN3MF5.jpg

Mariah Carey
rNymKrm.jpg

Lady Gaga
XKBoJv6.jpg

Meghan Trainor
hUtb5PS.jpg

Tinashe
LC5RA7P.jpg

Grimes
8wOTJRx.jpg

Frank Ocean (LOL)
DACouie.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There they are, your Flop Finalists. All Try-Hards in their own right. You're all the winners of the losers if you make it this far.

But who flopped supreme?

To help determine the path forward, I have consulted with an expert on the subject:

eZVNAaM.gif

The 12 floppie finalists will be divided into three groups of 4 to battle it out. All participants in the awards will be given the opportunity to vote for two of the flops in each group, with the two receiving the highest score proceeding to the next round.

But, to keep this from getting too predictable, a twist will be added. Something my gurl Hillary knows a little something about. In this following rounds, we'll be introducing...

SUPERDELEGATES

XmfVZhB.gif

That's right. In the grand tradition of some people naturally being more important than others, in each of the next rounds I will tap two of you via PM to give you superdelegate status. As a superdelegate, you'll be given 5 additional points to award in that round, however you see fit, to me via PM. Maybe your influence will have impact. Maybe not.

Feel free to announce to the thread if you've been made a super.

Or not.

Get messy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 1

5th Harmony
SA1FQdJ.jpg

Grimes
8wOTJRx.jpg

Lady Gaga
XKBoJv6.jpg

Keri Hilson
Oq6Gnt6.jpg

VOTE HERE (you do not need to have participated in the previous round to vote): https://goo.gl/forms/Zcun7xNAD7T3cuhg2

The winners of the round will be announced this time tomorrow.

t1481529600z1.png

Good luck to the flops! And check your PMs!

Christina, Madonna, and Britney aren't there, so shush.
i just don't get how gags or meghag can be considered flops when they both delivered at least mildly successfully commercial eras, as did fifth hewmany despite their complete lack of presence. in spite of everything, joanne was 2016's 4th biggest album launch, and gags has become the 1st female artist to have 4 no 1 albums in the 2010s.

i'll just have to make my opinion know by voting tho
bR4MoIl.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Don't think I've ever heard a Keri Hilson song.
She got my vote

tumblr_mamc19skcg1qjaziio1_500.gif

I voted keri and grimes - keri because i literally don't know who she is, and grimes because she is a #music not the bling artiste thru and thru.

fifth harmony despite having 0 impact do get those sales, as does joanne-ga

llehuty

It's one of my favourite songs ever.

Timbaland and her had great synergy
Timbaland - The Way I Are ft. Keri Hilson
Timbaland - Scream ft. Keri Hilson, Nicole Scherzinger
Keri Hilson - Return The Favor ft. Timbaland

Also:

Wikipedia said:
he also became a member of the songwriting and production team, The Clutch. Together, they wrote Mary J. Blige's "Take Me as I Am" (2006), Omarion's "Ice Box" (2006), Ciara's "Like a Boy" (2006), The Pussycat Dolls' "Wait a Minute" (2007) and Britney Spears' "Gimme More" (2007).

She also did a lot of background vocals, with one obvious example being Britney Spear's Break The Ice, where she does 50% of the vocals.

All her contribuitions, but still zero recognition... the ultimate flop. A shame she got bullied out of the business.

Top Bottom