• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

I just heard a Lil Yachty verse on a Zara Larsson remix...

uqZBm6v.gif

I tried to warn you all about Lil Yachty. He's literally the worst thing to happen to music in recent memory.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm not really quite getting the love for Formation. I mean it's a good song, but I don't think I would ever say it's the best song this year.

I'm not really quite getting the love for Formation. I mean it's a good song, but I don't think I would ever say it's the best song this year.

I think it's the political context behind the song that adds to the songs personality/character, which is what makes it one of the best songs this year imo

I don't remember the last time I bought a single on iTunes, but I had to buy this after streaming it on repeat for hours.

I was a massive 1D fan, but was pretty disappointed with Zayn and Niall's solo efforts. Louis was always my favourite member, but I was never betting on him having a serious solo career, especially after he became a dad and started his own label. I know he's been working on some material lately, and I'm not sure if this song with Aoki is indicative of the sound/vibe he'll be going for with his debut, but God, I sure hope so. It works SO WELL for his voice.
I thought Bublé had locked in my personal SOTY with Today Is Yesterday's Tomorrow, but nope. This takes the cake.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Little Mons†er;226401705 said:
I think it's the political context behind the song that adds to the songs personality/character, which is what makes it one of the best songs this year imo
I just don't see anything political about it, that's the issue with me.

Can someone tell me why Mariah Carey is on this flop list? Is this a petty attempt at shade now that Touchdown is banned? I can only surmise that is the case since she's easily the most successful person in the bunch in that she's actually successful?

3f3e57aed6400ce3a76e2eb96359d129.gif

B-Dex

Can someone explain why Mariah said she was a single mom while planning her now cancelled wedding and then drinking beer and kissing her dancer. This messy fake drama. Docu-series indeed.

Brhoom

Banned
Can someone explain why Mariah said she was a single mom while planning her now cancelled wedding and then drinking beer and kissing her dancer. This messy fake drama. Docu-series indeed.

Sometimes it's better to have people control you, so you don't do stupid shit like this.

rhandino

Banned
Demi was robbed.
Well, she is not big enough to be considered successful or low enough to be a flop.

She is in Hew Purgatory where people only remember that she is/was a thing when Max Martin decided to test a new bop and the other girls are kind of busy with their successful careers.

Brhoom

Banned
Well, she is not big enough to be considered successful or low enough to be a flop.

She is in Hew Purgatory where people only remember that she is/was a thing when Max Martin decided to test a new bop and the other girls are kind of busy with their successful careers.

The accuracy.

tumblr_lyy0vmc07C1qbgn61.gif

rhandino

Banned
Can we all agrih that Stars Dance and Revival are incredible good albums and that Selena Gomez deserves more success for her next era? Kind of being slayed by her rn

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can we all agrih that Stars Dance and Revival are incredible good albums and that Selena Gomez deserves more success for her next era? Kind of being slayed by her rn
I want you to tell me which drugs you're mixing cause I need some of that shit to see Star Dance as incredible. Revival is enjoyable tho

rhandino

Banned
Stars Dance is cute in a "How to be a Pop Star for Beginners" kind of way in the sense that you know that you have listened some of that sounds in other singers
Rihanna
and you know that they did it first AND better
Like a Champion
but you can still get some guilty pleasures out of it
Come & Get It is shit tho, Delete Plz

And then Revival happens and its like suddenly she got better producers and/or someone put some real effort here beacuse it feels more diverse, she feels more confident
maybe they updated her Vocaloid? idk
, super strong singles like Hands to Myself and Same Old Love along with some legit great songs in the album like Revival, Me & the Rhythm and Perfect that shows that this was not a filler ridden product used to coast in the hit singles.

And it's funny that I ended up liking Revival since I legit thought that Demetria was going to win that one because Lesbian for the Summer was just incredible but then Confident happened and THEN that album dropped and I still cannot believe this was her 5th effort.

PInk Tape

Banned
And it's funny that I ended up liking Revival since I legit thought that Demetria was going to win that one because Lesbian for the Summer was just incredible but then Confident happened and THEN that album dropped and I still cannot believe this was her 5th effort.

Is it bad that I read that as dementia at first?

hmzP8WS.gif

Vazduh

Just listend to the entire album and its brilliant.
Gives me bowie - Heroes vibes

flawless taste as always

Bless :*

That I can agree with. Demo Lovato lost to Selena.

Truly an Xboxta vs Britney tea.

D6Z1rT1.gif

Vazduh

So there's another Mutya Kesha Siobhan leak out there and it's called Boys. Written by Stannard + Howes + Shaznay Lewis. The first two did a lot of the Spice Girls' hits, and the latter is the All Saints member.

Coupled with MKS' vocals... well, no surprises there, it's great stuff. Also upbeat and catchy.

lzRSbbh.gif

While some hews are releasing their stuff without any issues, these girls are still waiting for their chance. Truly a pop injustice.

Bladenic

So there's another Mutya Kesha Siobhan leak out there and it's called Boys. Written by Stannard + Howes + Shaznay Lewis. The first two did a lot of the Spice Girls' hits, and the latter is the All Saints member.

Coupled with MKS' vocals... well, no surprises there, it's great stuff. Also upbeat and catchy.

lzRSbbh.gif

While some hews are releasing their stuff without any issues, these girls are still waiting for their chance. Truly a pop injustice.

I think they're like a conspiracy theory at this point. I can't imagine they're still together just waiting for what? Their label to release their shit? Is this some Jojo mess again?

Let me find this leak

Vazduh

I think they're like a conspiracy theory at this point. I can't imagine they're still together just waiting for what? Their label to release their shit? Is this some Jojo mess again?

Let me find this leak

Allegedly they got ahold of the Sugababes name, but that's it for now.

botty

Banned
***Touchdown if your spirit is present please give us a sign***

ob_9ce1c6_crystal-ball-gazing-at-cb.gif

It seems Ariana has beaten Mariah again:

Mariah's World - 2.2 million (Across two channels combined)
Hairspray Live - 8.9 million

Mau ®

"Love on the brain" is now a Top 20 Hit.

Woo Lord. If only she could put her ACTRESS career on hold so she could shoot a video.

***Touchdown if your spirit is present please give us a sign***

ob_9ce1c6_crystal-ball-gazing-at-cb.gif

It seems Ariana has beaten Mariah again:

Mariah's World - 2.2 million (Across two channels combined)
Hairspray Live - 8.9 million

Cable channel vs broadcast channel. Or how about the decline in viewers from The Wiz to Hairspray with it being the lowest of all the televised musicals? Or that Ariana isn't even the star of the musical. Come on now, you can do better

0bye.gif

Top Bottom