• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

rhandino

Banned
waiT, this Rihmix of Work that is being played rn is [ E V E R Y T H I N G ]

eFC0hCA.gif

Rihanna was the queen of 2016, isn't?

Frodo

OMG!

AND I freaking had a dream with Mariah Carey last night and we were talking about things she went through, like that crazy divorce, trying to be sabotaged by the ex, having songs stolen from her, glitter, having kids, and aging, and how the industry treats people older than 35, and etc. Now I wake up to this.

Poor Mimi.

It is kind of sad how easily we forget what an amazing singer she was (and still can be) and how much she contributed to the music industry and how many times we've bopped to one of her songs and whatnot. I'm not a big fan of the bigger-than-the-world-diva persona, but I would be lying if she didn't influence a hell lot of singers and, at her peak, was almost unmatched.

It is what it is...

giphy.gif

Frodo

And not Ariana being mentioned right and back when Mariah fails.

If she needs Mariah to fail to achieve any success then maybe she does not deserve any success at all. She has 3 albums already and still failed to manage to create a big name for herself, despite the ridiculous amount of money thrown at her. And this is coming from someone who will probably going to see her in March and has bopped to Into You more times than I can remember.

Also, if whoever is banking Ariana wants her to be the next Mariah, maybe they should spare some money for some singing lessons. Having a nice voice with some range is not enough, when she can't breath to save her life, and still has trouble with enunciation.

ZRf3u4s.gif

DOWN

Banned
At the very least her monitors were off because second song played the voice track and she couldn't sync with it at all and was even weirdly singing out of tune against it at points. So the guess with the first track is that her monitors were off AND the voca track didn't play, or that she didn't have a vocal track on that one but she still had no monitors sing with.

Meowster

The Return of Shania is imminent.

I still listen to You're Still the One, From This Moment On, and Forever and For Always on repeat. Hope she can succeed without her adulturing and lying husband (who helped write and produce everything for her).

Speaking of which, what's PopGaf's most anticipated album(s) in 2017?

I heard rumors of new Lana and also Bjork (long shot but who knows). Other than that, I dunno, will keep an eye out for Charli XCX I guess.

Zzzz Sheeran is releasing new music for those who care

Decarabia

I heard rumors of new Lana and also Bjork (long shot but who knows). Other than that, I dunno, will keep an eye out for Charli XCX I guess.

Besides Lana, Lorde hopefully, Cruel Youth I guess
, and maybe Nicki

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Cruel Youth, Charli XCX, Lana Del Rey, Lorde and maybe Katy Perry just for the kiis of her possibly performing better than Joanne

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Lana
Dua Lipa
Missy Elliot

Intrigued what Katy P might serve us though I probably wont like it

Kesha
cry1.gif

Zutroy

Loreen, Kesha, Katy and Hitlord.

DOWN

Banned
I mean we can all agree it's pretty lame that the producers didn't cut back to the host when there was a technical issue though. Pretty bullshit to film her for 4 minutes when she couldn't hear her own voice to even try to make it look good. Even shitty local news knows how to cut to the anchors when they need to fix something.

Vazra

Iggy Azalea Snippet

She still trying it after Team flopped?

As for Mariah she deserved it since she didnt do soundcheck or get people from her crew to do a stand in for her to check the equipment. They paid her to perform and she probably made a killing for those 4 minutes of flopping so of course the camera will keep on rolling.

Iggy Azalea Snippet

She still trying it after Team flopped?

As for Mariah she deserved it since she didnt do soundcheck or get people from her crew to do a stand in for her to check the equipment. They paid her to perform and she probably made a killing for those 4 minutes of flopping so of course the camera will keep on rolling.

She did, there are pictures. I felt sorry for her during Emotions, they did her wrong. I can't defend lip-syncing so she has herself to blame for that one.

DOWN

Banned
She did, there are pictures. I felt sorry for her during Emotions, they did her wrong. I can't defend lip-syncing so she has herself to blame for that one.
Please. Even Michael Jackson lip synced. Mariah may be worse about it these days but it's unrealistic to the think an artist can do great vocals in all conditions and motions people want them to perform in, especially that freezing ass stage at near midnight.

Vazra

AOA Angel's Knock is a cute album that could be elevated if they eliminated the baby in a dishwasher rapper they have.

Please. Even Michael Jackson lip synced. Mariah may be worse about it these days but it's unrealistic to the think an artist can do great vocals in all conditions and motions people want them to perform in, especially that freezing ass stage at near midnight.

She could've done WBT (just lip the climax as usual) live. It's not unrealistic to think an artist should sing live, Mariah's been having these lip fails for years now. This exact same thing happened when she performed in Jamaica earlier this year, she's just lucky it wasn't televised.

Top Bottom