• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Phreaker

O hai there
i4cvBQL.gif

And yeah, also waiting for Loreen's album. I'd say she had some issues with her label, because Paper Lights was a compromise - she wanted the video version as radio edit, while label wanted the version we got first (which is the superior version, tbh). Also, the mess with the video for I'm In It With You which should have been something epic, and not like a "fuck you" to the label, tbh

4euFV.gif

I agree, the first version (higher) is better than "revisited", but I do like both. It's a shame about I'm In It With You's video too, that song is so good.

See, Phreaker, look what you've done! ;)

(sle)

It's January, Real Pic™ time, where's yours? Just call me Grandpa PopGAF. :p

Loreen needs to release an album

Yes, 2017 better be her year, it's been forever.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
London Grammar have a new song out called Rooting For You, as always with them hauntingly beautiful.
I will say its an odd song to choose if its their lead for whatever project they're working on. As good as it is I can't see it doing well on radio as its not very catchy

Reminds me of Des'ree's Kissing You a bit too

Fladam

I'm definitely hoping for proper releases from Alex Newell and Great Good Fine OK in 2017.

Predictions? Gaga releases an official remix album. Ariana frees her hair.

Vazduh

Oh, I thought that was a model. ;)

Oh, you! :)

ThxWys7.gif

London Grammar are worth a listen, but mostly the singles (Strong, Hey Now, Wasting My Young Years, Help Me Lose My Mind) the album as a whole can be a bit samey. The new song is nice, although an unusual choice for a first single.

rhandino

Banned
It's your fault, baby boy cause you're the one that sparked this
Shine a light, with your eyes into me in the darkness

JeBeLkX.gif

Hey Joe's calling me over
Tino's calling me over
I only came here for you
It's you boy, you in the corner
Something is taking me over
I only came here for you

Dwm6PWj.gif

DOWN

Banned
I wouldn't mind Coachella is it wasn't full of that artificial Bohemian thing that frequently crosses over with cultural appropriation. It's an event put on by big labels and Fortune 500 companies so I just don't get the attempt at individualistic indie vibes by the attendees vs other concerts and events they attend. There is a Coachella collection at H&M each year 🙄

Vazduh

I wouldn't mind Coachella is it wasn't full of that artificial Bohemian thing that frequently crosses over with cultural appropriation. It's an event put on by big labels and Fortune 500 companies so I just don't get the attempt at individualistic indie vibes by the attendees vs other concerts and events they attend. There is a Coachella collection at H&M each year ��

Everything popular's bound to get commercialized sooner or later and Coachella's no exception. There are always other, probably better festivals to attend.

edit: Not Ubisoft really developing BG&E2 for Nintendo Bitch

iQmIwgG.gif

I can't

Everything popular's bound to get commercialized sooner or later and Coachella's no exception. There are always other, probably better festivals to attend.

edit: Not Ubisoft really developing BG&E2 for Nintendo Bitch

iQmIwgG.gif

I can't

I laughed. Well it sounds like a Bayonetta 2 situation where no one else was willing to step up to the plate and help fund it.

At least it's getting made.

B-Dex

True, and the other platforms will get it a year later.

And I'll buy it bundled with all the dlc on sale for 20 bucks before christmas just like last time a company tried it. Square-Enix. Flop of the Tomb Raider. The game slays though.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think Ariana Grande is more popular than I thought. I went back to revisit "Into You" because it remains a great song and I was blown away by how many views the video had.

Lorde is coming!!! Praise me I need a good breakup album asap

If this means what I think it means...I'm sorry to hear that, Dany.

Vazduh

And I'll buy it bundled with all the dlc on sale for 20 bucks before christmas just like last time a company tried it. Square-Enix. Flop of the Tomb Raider. The game slays though.

Eh, in the end Rise of the Tomb Raider did more than well. Over 1,3 million PC gamers bought the game, and majority of them paid full-price. It sold over a million on Xbox One, almost a million on PS4, around 300 000 on Xbox 360... Not bad, I'd say!

Dany

Banned
I hope you just mean break up album as in her album was written post-break up

I think Ariana Grande is more popular than I thought. I went back to revisit "Into You" because it remains a great song and I was blown away by how many views the video had.

If this means what I think it means...I'm sorry to hear that, Dany.
No! Lol I was joking. It's been a lil in-joke between my bf and I, since we like Lorde tons.

Yado

Oops, there goes my shirt up over my head
Oh my
Oops, there goes my skirt dropin' to my feet
Oh my
Ooh, some kinda touch careesing my legs
Oh my
Ooh I'm turning red
Who could this be?

tumblr_nld8pu51mx1tnpzv5o3_250.gif

rhandino

Banned
Oh! I just discovered that, apparently, the favorite flop act of the pop scene is going to disband and the gurl is going to launch a solo persona called Qveen Herby

PTfowsp.png

The description on her twitter says "emoter, free spirit, unicorn"

PsR1JQN.gif

Like, is the most tumblr description that I have ever read.

PInk Tape

Banned
This is some good stuff. :D Any suggestions on where to start to get into AOA?

Confused
Moya (this is from one of their subunits)
Heart Attack (not my favorite single but I felt I should include it)
Get Out
I'm Jelly Baby (another subunit. this is also one of those songs you either really love or hate)

I'll link some of their Japanese stuff (that hasn't been taken of YT)

Ai Wo Chodai
Oh Boy (there's also a Korean version on Angel's Knock)
Muah
Really Really

DOWN

Banned
Oh! I just discovered that, apparently, the favorite flop act of the pop scene is going to disband and the gurl is going to launch a solo persona called Qveen Herby

PTfowsp.png

The description on her twitter says "emoter, free spirit, unicorn"

PsR1JQN.gif

Like, is the most tumblr description that I have ever read.
I don't think they're splitting tho? They're married and her new solo account says they are working on her new music together so it seems like the duo still is a thing but she also has a new solo project idea

Zutroy

Anyone able to identify a song.

It's by a female singers, kind of a breezy mellow pop song. The only lyrics I remember of it are 'I wanna fade away' which is the chorus and repeated a few time.

Top Bottom