• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BEYONCÉ RETURNS: POPGAF OT XIII

Phreaker

Rumors are that she is doing a dance album and she snapchat videos of her listening 90s stuff like this with friends.

Found it

YAAAS I love all those songs, so I am here for that!

Edit: Oh wow, new page?

5ebfe__KatyPerryCryCry1_zps6e93082f.gif

aren't you glad I didn't post Frankie?

DOWN

Banned
Debate how shit you thought Gaga was or not, but I cannot laugh harder at people pretending a 0.8% difference in TV ratings is anything more than negligible, let alone can be pinned on the halftime show itself to blame with confidence

botty

Banned
Debate how shit you thought Gaga was or not, but I cannot laugh harder at people pretending a 0.8% difference in TV ratings is anything more than negligible, let alone can be pinned on the halftime show itself to blame with confidence

What do you mean here?

The halftime show's ratings are isolated and discussed separately because they always results in a massive spike. And reducing 1,000,000 to a percentage doesn't make it negligible at all. I'm sure Pepsi pays people tons of money to figure out why Gaga, with the addition of all those streaming services being added to her ratings total, couldn't top Katy.

Though, at least they know the combined efforts of Coldplay, Bruno Mars, and Beyonce isn't worthwhile.

Frodo

Suki Zuki
I'm coming in the Cherokee
Gasoline
There's steam on the window screen
Take it, take it
World's bouncing like a trampoline
When I get to where I'm going, gonna have you trembling

Live fast, die young
Bad girls do it well
Live fast, die young
Bad girls do it well

m5ODw.gif

I mean obviously this means that Lady Gaga is undeniably a bigger artist than Madonna and Beyonce, and is even bigger than Beyonce, Coldplay AND Bruno Mars combined. Bey can't seem to catch a break. Sad!

lol

DOWN

Banned
What do you mean here?

The halftime show's ratings are isolated and discussed separately because they always results in a massive spike. And reducing 1,000,000 to a percentage doesn't make it negligible at all. I'm sure Pepsi pays people tons of money to figure out why Gaga, with the addition of all those streaming services being added to her ratings total, couldn't top Katy.

Though, at least they know the combined efforts of Coldplay, Bruno Mars, and Beyonce isn't worthwhile.
Buddy, if you want to judge performances based on those ratings, you'll have a wild order of rank to claim quality based on the ratings alone.

Fact is, everyone knows there's many factors in the variation of the halftime ratings, including a shocker for POP GAF: many people with Half Time on TV were interested in more than Half Time that night - maybe even were more interested in the game than the show even. And what do you know? Turns out the viewership for the whole night was lower than the last two years already. The game itself was of lower interest it seems. So when the game was flopping heavily one way for the first half, and ratings already below the last two years, it can't be so shocking that half time would be unlikely to beat the most watched year on its own regardless of the artist.

But let's go deeper:

Katy's year had 114.4 million viewers on average (the most ever for a Super Bowl), and her halftime show had 118.5 million. So she presumably grabbed about 4.1 million viewers to watch her performance.

This year, the night was averaging 111.3 million, but Lady Gaga grabbed a Half Time audience of 117.5 million. That's 6.2 million people more than the game was drawing that night.

Check that.

kaxCRDv.gif

rhandino

Banned
Remember the 2015 Grammys that had performances from Madonna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran which turned out to be the most boring one in a years?

I am keeping my expectations in check tbh

Mau ®

Remember the 2015 Grammys that had performances from Madonna, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran which turned out to be the most boring one in a years?

I am keeping my expectations in check tbh

It was the night me and my gf had our first kiss.

It happened during Ed Sheeran's performance of "Thinking Out Loud". What a blessed moment.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
rewatching btw era live vids... whew

gaga was honestly iconic. government hooker at the born this way ball is a MOMENT. that costume!

ZsC6mQc.jpg
What the fuck why just why
Mau ®;229890131 said:
It was the night me and my gf had our first kiss.

It happened during Ed Sheeran's performance of "Thinking Out Loud". What a blessed moment.
That is so cute!

rhandino

Banned
We need a poll rating the best costumes Gaga ever wore.

FOR SCIENCE!

My picks would be the suit she wore during Alejandro vid or the one in the cover of The Fame

Top Bottom