• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billionaire plans Titanic trip in $30 million submersible

Cyberpunkd

you cant think of this with a mindset of a peasant.
Coke and hookers are easy when you are a billionaire. Can't brag them to your other billionaire friends. Hence, you'd want to seek new thrills, something no one else can easily do.
Ok, fair point. But...Titanic? This is big dick energy, going down to shit shipwreck that sunk 100 years ago?

Isn't it better to grab 3 Victoria's Secret angels and have an orgy? Or even pay to be lifted to Mount Everest in your BIG and TOUGH alpine suit?

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
In a scientific nomenclature cluster fuck, I believe only the Mad Cat Wavebird, ironically named, is capable of rapid vibration. Maybe.
200w.gif

This guy is planning to take a Triton manufactured sub down to the wreck of the Titanic, so he should be relatively safe and do it with ease.
I think people haven't looked up Triton the sub company. Unlike Oceangate, Triton builds some of the most sophisticated subs on the planet, that are capable of going to the deepest parts of the oceans like the Mariana trench and do it multiple times.

Triton built the the DSV Limiting Factor, which has reached all the deepest points on the planet. It might be the most sophisticated deep sea submersible eve built. These guys know their stuff.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

It's crazy to think that James Cameron made 33 trips to the Titanic wreckage, considering how dangerous it is to submerge so deep under water. Especially in the light of the recent accident.

CGNoire

It's crazy to think that James Cameron made 33 trips to the Titanic wreckage, considering how dangerous it is to submerge so deep under water. Especially in the light of the recent accident.
But its not. Complex yes. Dangerous no. Oceangate where idiots...thats why there dead.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Nah, Mussolini isn't worth bringing up. Dude was a loser even as dictator.
As a joke obviously, due to him being looser. But you might not be European, so you might be out of loop of our country shit talking

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
In a world full of coke and hookers, one has to ask himself... why do this?

I guess it’s something I’ll never be able to experience, but it seems that they manage to get tired of it

Take Putin. Could be on a yacht with an harem of young Russian blondes and fucking all day every day. But noooo, start a war and now probably never gonna be able to go international. Blows my mind.

Mr Hyde

But its not. Complex yes. Dangerous no. Oceangate where idiots...thats why there dead.

To say it's not dangerous is pretty ignorant. Of course it's dangerous diving to such depths. You need to deal with a lot of safety precautions and do a lot of research to even try to attempt it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I guess it’s something I’ll never be able to experience, but it seems that they manage to get tired of it

Take Putin. Could be on a yacht with an harem of young Russian blondes and fucking all day every day. But noooo, start a war and now probably never gonna be able to go international. Blows my mind.
I think I'm with newtypepilot newtypepilot on this one. Guess you can't brag about your coke and hookers when all the other billionares are doing the same.

Or maybe they just grew broed of it. :pie_thinking:

Dr. Claus

Banned
In a world full of coke and hookers, one has to ask himself... why do this?

If you had money, would you visit The Louvre? The Pyramids? Machu Pichu?

Similar thing here, just far more dangerous and exorbitantly more expensive. If I had the money though? 100% I would do it. There is seeing it via videos and photos and live images, and then there is seeing it with your own eyes.

CGNoire

To say it's not dangerous is pretty ignorant. Of course it's dangerous diving to such depths. You need to deal with a lot of safety precautions and do a lot of research to even try to attempt it.
According to Cameron the science of deep summersible reached a point along time ago where the risks of a collapsed hull are non existent. The hull are supposed to be made of titanium and manufactured to be perfect spheres capable of depths in far excess of the pressures they will be diving at. Yes there is some danger of systems going bad but the science of preventing what happened to oceangate has reached a point where its not an issue.

Cyberpunkd

It’s not dangerous if you put importance on safety. Cameron is well know in deep diving circles for his expertise in ocean diving, he is not just next rich guy treating this as a hobby.

KrakenIPA

If I was allergic to coke I would shoot myself in the head with penne.

On topic: he should spend 3 billion to make a submersible out of coke and hookers.

FeralEcho

Life must be so miserable for these wealthy people...Why do something like this when there's so much else you could do,unless you already did everything else.

Last edited:
It literally makes more sense to me you climb mount everest than go see the alge covered wreck of a ship through a tiny window when you will have way better footage anywhere else. Yes, experience but you cant touch it you cant go inside it you just float around it with a torchlight and call it a day. For a premium price. Think its cheaper for Bezos to send you into the stratosphere.

KrakenIPA

It literally makes more sense to me you climb mount everest than go see the alge covered wreck of a ship through a tiny window when you will have way better footage anywhere else. Yes, experience but you cant touch it you cant go inside it you just float around it with a torchlight and call it a day. For a premium price. Think its cheaper for Bezos to send you into the stratosphere.
If you had a choice thats where you would go?

I agree.

Triton Submarines has a perfect safety record.

You can buy a Triton 36000/2 that has a depth rating of 36,000 feet. The Titanic is only 12.5k.

Honestly, this isn't really that big of a deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom