• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Raxus

apart of me feels like I know what the big twist is at the end of the game. Haven't played it yet but someone tell me if I'm hot or cold...or warm?
It doesn't actually take place in 1912 and/or it's all in his mind

Eh, cold? But I can't have you keep guessing for obvious reasons. Go in the spoiler thread and ask or PM me or someone who completed the game.

Bye Andrew.

apart of me feels like I know what the big twist is at the end of the game. Haven't played it yet but someone tell me if I'm hot or cold...or warm?
It's hot, warm, cold all at the same time.

Yeah, i agree. Take 2 (the parent company) is really a great publisher. They take risks and most importantly give their studios all the time they need, and don`t mandatory dev cycles.

They already gave me the Darkness, Bioshock 1 and Red Dead and it looks like i can add Infinte as well.

And to the hell: all their games even have coloured manuals.

Just a great publisher.

Totally agreed. According to Ken, they mandate either multiplayer or story DLC and you know, I think that's more than a reasonable trade off.

FartOfWar

Banned

image.php

antitrop

I just got Spec Ops chills from that scene. Can't wait to talk about this one.

I can't even explain what I mean by that without it being a spoiler. :(

It was strange looking at the
wrench
and realizing how much more technologically advanced the Skyhook was despite coming into existence about 40 years prior

JeffGrubb

Someone who finished the game, I have a question that's been bothering me. It's a mega spoiler:

How does that one guy go from a normal dude to a white supremacist as the ending suggests?

You can PM me.

I'm just really confused.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Damn internet. My slow ass DSL internet is only letting me get 1MB at peak download. I'm at 10.2GB/14.9GB with 2hrs, 9mins left to go. Suffice to say, I won't be playing it at midnight. :(

Gorillaz

Eh, cold? But I can't have you keep guessing for obvious reasons. Go in the spoiler thread and ask or PM me or someone who completed the game.

Bye Andrew.

You're warmish.

It's hot, warm, cold all at the same time.

Hot/warm/cold

Interesting mixed answers...huh. Yea Ill find out on my own tomorrow and wendesday. Thanks tho

Lol

NAPK1NS

My school has really great headphones in the computer lab. I knew I needed those for tonight, so I took some in the middle of a class. It was weird, I'll give them back.

Just had my first fights, the gun gameplay shits all over Bioshocks one.

What an amazing game. The atmospherte si just amazing. I feel just like in disneyland main street usa, the music, the colors, the architecture, all of it!
Also the PC graphics are amazing, and most of it is becuase the art is magnificent.

Ive played 2 hours, time to sleep here. Im so happy that I gave this game an opportunity to buy it on release day, I knew watching some of the last screens they showed tiht the life in columbia that it was going to be something really special, and it indeed is.
Cant wait to continue tomorrow.

jersoc

played for 6 hours straight. been a long time i've done that with a game. took a dinner break.

are you guys focusing on boosting one gun type? i've been using carbiner but haven't come across any upgrades for it in forever. seems this game really wants me to use the pistol cause there's ton of upgrades for it all over.

antitrop

I just shot one of the stronger enemy types with a sniper rifle 3 times and he didn't move, killed him with the 4th shot. The AI doesn't react to being shot at extremely long distances I guess or maybe it was just one time.

Sullichin

Fuck it, GMG still not up so I just bought it on Steam. Preorder bonuses are still good and I want to play this ASAP. Download should finish just before/after it unlocks here. Perfect. I see Bioshock 1 in my library but, since I already own X-COM, where did that key go?

gdt

This game is just so fucking stunning. Conveys the same exact emotion I got from Bioshock 1. The pure love of exploration and digging into the city and room and audio diaries and silent movies. Elizabeth is stunning. I love how when you visit a room she just starts looking around on her own, going on her own mini adventures. Then she'll call stuff out for me...."Booker, check this out", "oooh, whats that", "hey, grab that lock pick"....just amazing stuff. And their dialogue is very PoP 2008 but much more natural (I want moreeeeee though).

I'm in love with this game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just got Spec Ops chills from that scene. Can't wait to talk about this one.

I can't even explain what I mean by that without it being a spoiler. :(

Coming from you this has to be one of the biggest complements the game could have received. Man, so many people in here are ones that I value the opinions of highly and they are blown away. I cannot wait until I get my hands on this tomorrow night. Work is going to be so long tomorrow.

woober

Fuck it, GMG still not up so I just bought it on Steam. Preorder bonuses are still good and I want to play this ASAP. Download should finish just before/after it unlocks here. Perfect. I see Bioshock 1 in my library but, since I already own X-COM, where did that key go?

Probably in your gift inventory so you can gift the game to someone else.

plenilune

2 hours in,
I found the key to the big chest. I'm not backtracking to get to it, assuming I'll be able to get there again later
. Is that right?

Zeliard

Thanks! That's a little disappointing to hear about the townspeople.

They've done a couple of things so far to make certain townspeople more interesting, but for the most part they're basically the town citizens you've seen in hundreds of games. In a way it's unfair to take that out against this game, but the world is drawn so impressively that stuff like that will stand out more.

Caode

Well I've called it quits for the night reluctantly ....setting the alarm to get up early and get a full day of it in tomorrow, I'm about 3 hours in and it's been nothing short of both incredible and stunning, there's so much attention to detail to the whole world...every character and location feel's as if they have a genuine story and history to them, it's just so deep....and it feel's like I've barely scratched the surface.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I tell you, love or hate the games, you can't beat GAF for authentic enthusiasm.

GAF is at it's best when it's enthused about something. You can really feel the love and passion for the hobby. I think that's why a lot of the negativity can seem so loud sometimes, people are expressing serious concerns for the future something that is dear to them. There are few games that everyone can come together on but this seems like it could be one of them.

Top Bottom