• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Protip for PC players - AMD is packing in a code with certain video cards that lets you redeem BioShock Infinite and Tomb Raider on Steam. Many of them are selling on ebay for a fraction of the cost of purchasing new. I got a code for $40 last week - that breaks down to $20 per game! Did a search, there are still are some in that price range up for auction.

Hindle

Banned
Anyone know how long it took Irrational to make the original Bioshock? I'm trying to estimate how long we will have to wait for a next gen Irrational game.

B33

Banned
Anyone know how long it took Irrational to make the original Bioshock? I'm trying to estimate how long we will have to wait for a next gen Irrational game.

BioShock post-mortem.

3 years. I don't know if that includes pre-production work; antitrop's estimate probably includes this.

In comparison, BioShock Infinite clocked in at just a mote under 5 years (this number incudes pre-production work).

B33

Banned
Hmm so we could get a new game from them in 2016. Let's hope so anyway.

I'd give it 2-3 years before we hear about what they're working on next.

This is under the auspices that they're going to start working on a next-generation, blockbuster game after convalescing from Infinite's development cycle.

Vire

So I really want this but I haven't played the first two yet...Is that something I need to do first or is it not related story wise?
Completely different timeline. It's like Final Fantasy where 12 doesn't have anything to do with 13.

I recommend playing Bioshock 1 though, it's still great and you probably could get it on the cheap.

papercamm

So I really want this but I haven't played the first two yet...Is that something I need to do first or is it not related story wise?

It isn't related story-wise. There are recurrent motifs between Infinite and the Rapture games, I'd wager. But the first one is so good you should play it regardless. The second is okay but still worth playing.

This is getting worrying.
So many pre-order incentives, why are they pushing this game so hard? Is it because it got bad publicity when some of the devs started leaving? They must understand that all this exclusive review that and pre-order incentive this is going to raise some questions.

Now that XCOM has been added to the pre-orders, makes it ultra-hot. Was going to go with Gamersgate because of ~$20 in site credit but their version of bioshock 1 is not a steam key, and I'm OCD like that. Also GMG usually has better deals anyway. So I'll go with GMG, right after I hear some leaked impressions as waiting for the 25th worries me as the deals may be gone by then.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
you can turn vsynch on/off in the console version? that would be great if true. Hate tearing.

That's an option present in both bioshock 1 and 2 on the consoles .. it's titled "Unlock frame rate", however, since both BS1 and 2 work with soft v'sync by default. Tearing is minimal though (only like 1%) but unlocking the frame rate lets the game push as many frames as possible, really improves smoothness .. but introduces a shit load of tearing (60% or so).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Everyone Abandon Ship

Trust Me!

Bail the Fuck Out!

I can't believe someone posted spoiler info =/

B33

Banned
I don't believe that's a genuine spoiler, but I think I'm done with this OT until after I've played through the game.

I'll catch all of you on the other side.

Lakitu

st5fu
Hope I didn't just spoil the game. I never learn do I? Always seems to happen with every major game release on this place.

No one who says, "FUck it, I'm out you guys!" actually leaves

If you care enough about the game, you wouldn't even be posting here. You wouldn't feel the need to inform everybody about your departure. You're obviously too invested in this thread.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I doubt GraveRobber knows if it's real or not. He's just assuming it is.

I haven't even played the game

All I got was spoilers of said game from source in this thread

Some thing matches of what was relayed to me in PM

I'm just doing a PSA for those who come late into the thread and leave a warning hopefully

I messaged Andrew. ASAP to be weary and stay away

Top Bottom