• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

B33

Banned
Are there boss fights in this? Let's hope they're better designed then the final boss in Bioshock 1

Mild gameplay spoiler (nothing specific).

We know there is at least one. Although to be fair, the person that said as much placed a question mark after the sentence, so it probably won't follow the traditional mold of a boss battle. The member also said this a quarter to a halfway through the game.

It's nothing egregious, guys. No explicit story spoilers.

B33

Banned
They're all digital copies so it costs them very little.
That, and the game has already hit its sales crescendo (it's been available for several months), so getting more folks to play through it is only a good thing.

Most of these things are preorder incentives because their actual cost is nominal.

Your concerns are commendable, Exis, but I wouldn't worry. Let the publisher wring their hands over sales. Just enjoy the game.

Judging from the OP, this boxart won that poll?

BioShock-Infinite-cover-design-4.jpg

I hope so, was the best of the bunch. I like it a lot.

I really hope they put this out in a poster/lithograph form. I got the Rapture Masquerade Ball one and this would go right with it.

Question- do all these freebies being given away with the PC version impact sales at all? I mean with free games and 30 bucks back is the title even profitable? I want Irrational to have a hit here so they can make more titles.

Free copies of XCOM will help sell XCOM DLC later. I expect that game to be supported and updated by Firaxis with new content for at least another year and a half, and that the content isn't going to be small drips and drops, but xpac-grade updates. That's how Firaxis has handled Civ, and I would be suprirsed if they handled XCOM differently.

I really hope they put this out in a poster/lithograph form. I got the Rapture Masquerade Ball one and this would go right with it.

What I really like about the Masquerade lithograph is that it alludes to BioShock, but it doesn't feature the logo or anything "gamey", so to the average nongamer it just looks like a period poster. It makes me a lot more comfortable to have it framed in my living room when having company over than a promotional poster. Even sans the logo, I don't know if the alternate cover would pass that test. Something more in the vein of this, but more aesthetically interessting.

Andrew.

Banned
No Avis in OT? I really wanted an Elizabeth one :(
Anyways fantastic OT but what's the story behind the title?

Ken Levine is the director. When you walk into the lighthouse in the original BioShock, there is a huge banner that reads "No Gods or Kings, Only Men."

These videos keep popping up on youtube why are they all the ps3 version looking out for you guys go take them down. :)

There is some screen tearing if you keep pausing the video but not much.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Dude why do you keep looking up vids? You really want this spoiled that much huh?

Youre nuts man =P I could never take the risk.

I couldn't wait =/

Got spoiled by asking for a PM, at least I'm happy knowing some of the outcomes

As I said I'm still gonna play the ever living shit out of it
Hopefully the 3 DLC's are awesome and continue on a cool aspect =D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's by birthday today but I feel like giving something away to you fine fellows awaiting the trip to Columbia. Amazon sent me an extra Industrial Revolution code that I want to give away to someone that needs it. I'll PM it to the first person who quotes this post. Please only take it if you need it and will use it.

Fjordson

It's by birthday today but I feel like giving something away to you fine fellows awaiting the trip to Columbia. Amazon sent me an extra Industrial Revolution code that I want to give away to someone that needs it. I'll PM it to the first person who quotes this post. Please only take it if you need it and will use it.
Oh yes!

Nando13

Please.

Edit: beaten :(

Happy birthday anyway!

I think I am done watching these videos seems like people on twitter are saying they are leaking pictures of spoilers so I better stop now. I have seen what I wanted too from the PS3 version.

ajcacio

Banned
Write me a haiku about Ken Levine for another code.

Ken Levine is small
But has big ideas for games
Bioshock Infinite

Edit: first post in this thread but have been reading this and the hype thread religiously. Watched let's plays for the first two. Excited to actually play this one!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If you need or want help for Industrial Revolution, I mean if you get stuck or power through quickly

"Click Me" <= Cheat Sheet

I'll be using this. I got stuck on one back in December and haven't gone back since :lol

I think I am done watching these videos seems like people on twitter are saying they are leaking pictures of spoilers so I better stop now. I have seen what I wanted too from the PS3 version.
All I want to know is if the PS3 version looks decent and runs well.

Ithil

At least the plot is easier to sum up for TV ads than Bioshock. Not that the plot is less complicated, it just lends itself to easy one line summaries for TV spots better.

"Book man save boobie girl in sky land"

I'll be using this. I got stuck on one back in December and haven't gone back since :lol

All I want to know is if the PS3 version looks decent and runs well.

To me it did the video was in HD so it looked nice I was testing screen tearing only saw it once a little bit when I paused it but you can enable vsync of course. The graphics looked really good to me. You really can't notice screen tearing unless you pause the video and see the distortion a bit but I only saw it once in video.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
At least the plot is easier to sum up for TV ads than Bioshock. Not that the plot is less complicated, it just lends itself to easy one line summaries for TV spots better.

"Book man save boobie girl in sky land"

Yeah, it's a more simple base concept than Bioshock's but I expect the actual story to go nuts between the conflict in Columbia, Songbird, and the Tears.

To me it did the video was in HD so it looked nice I was testing screen tearing only saw it once a little bit when I paused it but you can enable vsync of course. The graphics looked really good to me.
Good to know. I hate tearing but if there's only a bit and the framerate bump is big enough I'll deactivate V-sync. I never noticed it at all in Bioshock 2 and the uncapped framerate was nice.

You can see the screen tearing a bit when he looks up fast but thats because its not vsync'd if vsync keeps the framerate at 30fps it might be better to have it on. Only thing that will drop will be frames.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
@papercamm can you please at least explain what this spoiler is?

antitrop

The production values of that menu screen are astronomical. Shut it off after 1 minute, though, ain't nobody got time for spoilers.

Top Bottom