• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

sn00zer

This game is pretty gun-heavy.

B1 you could play through mostly or totally with plasmids. Because of the limited salt, you'll always need a gun in Infinite.
? I was using powers all of the time, if you upgrade your salts by the end you are a god...its pretty dman cool

sn00zer

At the end maybe, but in the middle you'll never have enough. Especially if
you try to use expensive vigors like Possession.

I will agree that you use guns more, but the gunplay is soooo much better than Bioshock 1...and I love Bioshock 1, but the gunplay was just above Fallout 3 for worst gunplay in an FPS

Also I may be the only one, but I learned to really love the two weapon limit, i was constantly switching weapons and it really made you learn and use all of the weapons the game had to offer...although Hand Cannon was far and above my favorite

EDIT: The only thing I really didnt like actually had to do with the power you mentioned
You couldnt attack possessed machinery and the power was basically useless on mechanized patriots

Sullichin

I have the game, and excited to play, but want to finish a couple games first.... just popping in to see the mood of the thread (huge fan of Bioshock 1), and I'm dissapointed to see that this entire page is talking about only one thing.... guns.

This worries me a bit :(

edit: Disregard

SmithnCo

I have the game, and excited to play, but want to finish a couple games first.... just popping in to see the mood of the thread (huge fan of Bioshock 1), and I'm dissapointed to see that this entire page is talking about only one thing.... guns.

This worries me a bit :(

You can pretty much choose how you play. Some people go gun-heavy, but using mostly vigors with occasional gun-use is totally viable.

Ziek

Thanks for the tips. Finally beat it.

Pretty disappointing. Boring combat, more frustrating than anything. I wish I didn't buy the season pass. I doubt I'll be playing the DLC.

Oh well. Not for everyone I guess.

DatDude

Banned
For me, Finkton is precisely where the game starts to fall apart. It's the point in the game where the two storylines (the story of Columbia and the story of Booker) diverge irremediably, and it's also--not coincidentally--the point where the story and the setting part ways.

But you see the story of Finkton, and all those themes that are brought up there are also supposed to a reflection of Booker.

There is divering. This is like silent hill. Every piece of the town, the racism, the extreme patriotism, and etc...are all part of Bookers mantra and part of the entire theme that connects the two.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Whatever happened to Elizabeth wearing the Abe Lincoln hat? And the Shock Jocky effect where Elizabeth would summon a lightning storm for more damage?

Syrinx

So last night I got to the entrance of
the factory in Finkton.
And...I think the whole story got way more complex.
Booker's now a hero of the Vox Populi. And he exists in some other form than the player Booker, as evidenced by the Voxophone. He got the signature nosebleed from being doubly alive as well.

Wonder if I'll encounter another Booker along the way. Probably not, it's probably just the same Booker but time paradoxes and whatnot.

You can pretty much choose how you play. Some people go gun-heavy, but using mostly vigors with occasional gun-use is totally viable.

Yea I'm hoping they introduce some new gear that slowly regens Salt,(do they? possibly missed a bunch of gear) I really would like to go vigor heavy in play but certain ones are cost prohibitive. I'd like to set traps possess some people and then shock jockey and charge people and just go power nuts but you cant you have to go find salt in between. Unless you go super heavy on salt upgrades and then you have less shield health.

However second time through on hard I am using vigors much more than the first playthrough.

ArynCrinn

Banned
DLC

D-Leted Content

Would be awesome if there was DLC where it adds one more upgrade slot to each vigor. But yeah, that was cool and shouldn't have been cut, if it was.

Also, could someone explain the ending to me?
Booker gets drowned by all the alternative Eliabeth's...? Then it's over, where was the "reveal".

Fixed: Sorry.

SmithnCo

^ Betta fix that spoilah

There will soon be an updated spoiler OT that will hopefully be an easy place for questions to be answered.

Zeliard

Some neat stuff in the E3 2011 vid but that whole TOWNSPEOPLE SPONTANEOUSLY GO CRAZY SHINY EYES concept was ultra-bad. So glad they axed that.

this gameplay demo from E3 2011 is pretty freaking nuts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEBwKO4RFOU

Watched that about a day before I played the game. While it hasn't (and I don't think it does) reached that scale, I'm more than happy with the final product.

Whenever Irrational debuted footage and whatnot like that, I never took it literally. I always approached it by looking at the videos as stuff they were aiming for.

I'm actually surprised how many of the elements from the demo did make it into the game in one form or another. They even got the
Zepplin thing in there, complete with the "Booker...that...was AMAZING!"
. Some of the lines of dialog are thrown away, but some of them are re-used for other places.
"Booker...thank you" line after the Lady Comstock story arc, for example

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm actually surprised how many of the elements from the demo did make it into the game in one form or another. They even got the
Zepplin thing in there, complete with the "Booker...that...was AMAZING!"
. Some of the lines of dialog are thrown away, but some of them are re-used for other places.
"Booker...thank you" line after the Lady Comstock story arc, for example
This is what I thought too. A lot of stuff in that footage looked like it would never actually make it into the game but most of it is there and fairly similar to in that footage.

I'm gonna watch that E3 footage now, but I'm glad I effectively blacked this game out from the moment it was announced. After whatever announce reveal they have, I saw no seconds of the game and knew nothing about it, and I enjoyed it all the more for that.

I remember one demo that had a completely different Daisy Fitzroy voice actor than the one we currently have, but she does the same speech over the intercom later in the game, if you listen for you. "When you...look in the mirror, you see the eyes of a man. But do you know what Comstock sees?" etc

Constants and variables, huh?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Quick Question about the trophy for beating 1999 without buying things, that only applies to Dollar Bill machines right? I can still upgrade guns/vigors?

Truant

I remember one demo that had a completely different Daisy Fitzroy voice actor than the one we currently have, but she does the same speech over the intercom later in the game, if you listen for you. "When you...look in the mirror, you see the eyes of a man. But do you know what Comstock sees?" etc

Constants and variables, huh?

In the earlier release she sounded more like a french revolutionary type.

I also miss
walking around Columbia post-revolution seeing the Founders treated like shit. In the game it's just non-stop combat at that point, whilst the demo footage had some nice scenes of walking around and feeling the tension.

In the earlier release she sounded more like a french revolutionary type.

I also miss
walking around Columbia post-revolution seeing the Founders treated like shit. In the game it's just non-stop combat at that point, whilst the demo footage had some nice scenes of walking around and feeling the tension.

I agree the game would have really benefited from a some slowdown and exploring during that section. oh well

Top Bottom