• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shawn, maybe you already talked about this in other threads or interviews, but can you tell us which parts of the game you worked on, maybe give some specific examples of design you did? If you can talk about that? Thanks!

Andrew.

Banned
Or for less Salt you can use Bronco and then just shoot the floating body out into the abyss.

Best way to deal with heavily armored rocket baddies.

The best use of Undertow Ive found is simply blasting foes off of the barges. Quick and painless, though no lootage.

Outside of brief experimentation, I never use its pull feature. Might have to change that for the next run.

Sullichin

The best use of Undertow Ive found is simply blasting foes off of the barges. Quick and painless, though no lootage.

It also messes up patriots. I might be wrong but I feel like I do a lot more damage with shooting after stunning them with undertow over shock jockey. Undertow is also awesome for pushing people into Tesla coils

pakkit

Banned
I love the game, too. I simply don't have all the time in the world to go back through nine hours of gameplay to get to an unlock I paid for. Having paid for it, and not being able to receive it, is the part that really irks me.

You paid for 3 DLC packs for the price of 2. The unlocks are essentially icing on the cake. Personally, it kind of unbalances the game early on.

Dylan

Anyone else still have the Columbia version of "God Only Knows" stuck in their head?? I think sound design has to be the single best aspect of BI.

Aside: The Beach Boys were actually the very first live "band" I ever saw
in 1988, when I was 6 years old.

SmithnCo

Outside of brief experimentation, I never use its pull feature. Might have to change that for the next run.

Pull is pretty good, especially for snipers. Though it needs the range upgrade to be worth it.

Andrew.

Banned
Anyone else still have the Columbia version of "God Only Knows" stuck in their head?? I think sound design has to be the single best aspect of BI.

The Kokomo years. Was John Stamos part of the group then? =P

And yeah the sound design and production in this game is pretty much perfection.

Welp, that's 1999 mode completed and the plat obtained. It started off in brutal fashion but just got easier and easier the more I unlocked stuff, until I got about two thirds in and the rest of the campaign became a cinch because of a certain gear combo I used, rendering any battle a trifling matter. Even the three
Siren
battles, which I was dreading because of what a surging difficulty spike they were on Hard mode, were practically a cakewalk.

I wonder if it was a nod to Big Love as well. Comstock's religion seems to have a lot in common with Mormonism.

Dylan

When I first got it, I just assumed that it was supposed to be effective against Firemen, since it's water vs. fire. Was a bit disappointed that it didn't seem to do much.

LiK

Sorry to hear that. The injection of well-known 60s/70s songs and melodies was one of my favourite parts of BI.

exactly, i missed a lot of the music stuff in this game. it didn't detract from my enjoyment but hearing what they did in the game from spoilercasts was quite interesting.

Sullichin

Welp, that's 1999 mode completed and the plat obtained. It started off in brutal fashion but just got easier and easier the more I unlocked stuff, until I got about two thirds in and the rest of the campaign became a cinch because of a certain gear combo I used, rendering any battle a trifling matter. Even the three
Siren
battles, which I was dreading because of what a surging difficulty spike they were on Hard mode, were practically a cakewalk.

What did you use for these fights? The first one
in the graveyard
glitched out and it died with most of its health left somehow... but I'm not looking forward to the others.

Mogwai

Just finished the game on Normal. Steam says 9 hours. Not too much, but I wouldn't scavenge everything. I gotta go back and visit Columbia again soon.

Positives:
- Great art design (<3 automatons)
- Handyman is a badass enemy
- I like how Elizabeth's visuals actually reflect the progress of the game
- The weapons have a weighty feel while the controls are still very responsive
- The intro sequence is jaw-dropping

Negatives:
- It broke the immersion when Booker and Elizabeth shouted the same lines over and over( picking locks and supplying ammo)
- The creepy feel of Rapture was non-existant
- Columbia's enemies doesn't reach the same level of badass as Big Daddy and the splicers

All in all, one of the best SP games I've played. I'm excited to see what DLC we'll get.

What's the shawn combo?

I wonder if DLC will be some kind of multiplayer mode. With the right map and some balancing tweaks, I think multiplayer would actually work for infinite thanks to sky lines, vigors and guns...

LiK

What's the shawn combo?

I wonder if DLC will be some kind of multiplayer mode. With the right map and some balancing tweaks, I think multiplayer would actually work for infinite thanks to sky lines, vigors and guns...

Check Andrew. reply on previous page.

Jerrod

Has anybody talked about the changes the game went through from when it was first revealed? I'm curious as to what changed and why. Seems to me like the story was different at first: still had to rescue Elizabeth but for a different reason.

neoism

R71jkHx.png

All these items are already in the game, including the exclusive shotgun! You just have to alter config files to unlock them. Anyway, FYI.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I used the sniper for the entire game. :O how please
I can not be without the Hand Cannon. That gun rocks my world.

lol I wanted to used this gun but dat reticle was terrible looking... I ended up having like 9k in money... sceond time through though I'm up everything... I really didn't power up the vigurs up either...

Fuck. Just started it and the religious choir that plays once you enter Columbia already got me. So beautiful. Damn, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff though...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Is anyone else getting "manic-pixie-dream-girl" vibes from Elizabeth?

Didn't cross my mind once. I mean, I guess for the first moments of her life outside the tower she seems pretty excited, but that's not enough to meet diagnostic criteria for MPDG syndrome.

Wikipedia said:
Film critic Nathan Rabin, who coined the term after seeing Kirsten Dunst in Elizabethtown (2005), describes the MPDG as "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures."[1] MPDGs are said to help their men without pursuing their own happiness, and such characters never grow up, thus their men never grow up.[2]

Other than the word "infinite" this definition does not apply particularly well to Elizabeth.

Okay, so I decided to do something different. 1999 Mode, no reloading a previous save. If I die, I eat the penalty, if I run out of money, I restart from the start.

So far just at the
hall of heroes where you face the first MP
and I've died twice. Really fun way to play, it makes death really painful. Managed to sink some money into an upgraded carbine, and took the discounted MG upgrade. For vigors so far just the devils kiss upgrade. Looking to do posession for less next, and I'd have enough if I hadn't died those two times ;).

This is such a fun way to play, i'm terrified of some of the big fights later on.

I wish the menu had a description of vigors, I don't know what any of them are. My usage consists of crow vigor for firemen, fire vigor for everything else that moves.

Also, I wish they had an enemy which had the same kind of presence as the Big Daddy.

Andrew.

Banned
Okay, so I decided to do something different. 1999 Mode, no reloading a previous save. If I die, I eat the penalty, if I run out of money, I restart from the start.

So far just at the
hall of heroes where you face the first MP
and I've died twice. Really fun way to play, it makes death really painful. Managed to sink some money into an upgraded carbine, and took the discounted MG upgrade. For vigors so far just the devils kiss upgrade. Looking to do posession for less next, and I'd have enough if I hadn't died those two times ;).

This is such a fun way to play, i'm terrified of some of the big fights later on.

Make sure to get Crow Trap and and to pump up Charge.

Finished 1999 Mode. Wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting, since I knew what was coming and what I needed to upgrade.

Now just need to pick up a few straggling achievements: (get drunk and kill people, find those last few kinectoscopes/telescopes that I'm missing) and I'll have 100%ed it.

Haven't 100%ed a retail game since Darksiders. Damn I love this game.

mileS

Question. If I'm late to buy the season pass, do you get the items from the The Early Bird Special Pack (weapon dmg upgrades, gold skins, all the infusions) with any new game that you start? even 1999 mode? Thanks in advance.

Question. If I'm late to buy the season pass, do you get the items from the The Early Bird Special Pack (weapon dmg upgrades, gold skins, all the infusions) with any new game that you start? even 1999 mode? Thanks in advance.

yep, I can confirm I did this myself (in 1999 mode no less) you get them at
BR Restaurant

Top Bottom