• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Andrew.

Banned
Borrowed a friend's review copy. And yes, by default you use L1 and R1. You can change it though. (Though i don't know why someone who plays the PS3 version would)

Because if you own trigger attachments, using L2 and R2 instead is fucking fantastic (in my opinion)

Vire

Video quality is a bit rough, but I can tell it will be fine. Seems to run really well and it will look good enough.

The combat actually looks pretty fun!

I like the hit indicators, definitely vastly improved over Bioshock 1.

Oh cool thanks a lot sorry forgot your username was just wondering since I am still deciding on which version to get but I still have PS3 version preordered for now.

Its okay. Also i haven't seen the 360 version but the guy on IGN was complaining about it and i can say that PS3 version runs and looks fine. So keep it that way, i suggest :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
WTF, that's bullshit. I can only relate to square-jawed white men between the ages of 18 and 35.

2/3 is better than nothing I guess. I wonder if that will play into the relationship between him and Elizabeth since shes just 20 and thus could easily be his daughter.

cereal_killerxx

Oh cool thanks a lot sorry forgot your username was just wondering since I am still deciding on which version to get but I still have PS3 version preordered for now.

It seems that the PS3 version runs a little smoother and looks a little better. I'm sure the differences are very small though.

There are way too many people excited for this game. You know the internet is going to have to rain on our parade at the earliest possible opportunity. It deeply distrusts this kind of enthusiasm.

Yeah. No pictures for proof and it's been asked a few times already. Something smells bullshitty.

There have been cases similiar this on GAF and i don't know anyone who needed post proof of something they said they own or played. And i am not going to waste my time because someone asks me to do so. Especially if that person seems to have a ''personal crush'' against me as it can be seen before i started playing the game.

Edit: And this is the last time im wasting my time answering your accusations.

noffles

Banned
There have been cases similiar this on GAF and i don't know anyone who needed post proof of something they said they own or played. And i am not going to waste my time because someone asks me to do so. Especially if that person seems to have a ''personal crush'' against me as it can be seen before i started playing the game.

You enjoying it though, yeah?

Because if you own trigger attachments, using L2 and R2 instead is fucking fantastic (in my opinion)

This post just reminded me that I used to have triggers for the Dual Shock 3 (I picked them up for L.A. Noire) I need to find them.

I am playing on PC though.

Good. Fuck 'em, quite frankly.

Has the game gotten any harder on Normal? I'm planning a Hard mode run

Tadale

Seriously though, impressions when you have time.

Dartastic

I was one of those people with Halo 4, so I know that feel.

edit -
...but posting a picture of the game disk isn't really that big of a deal. I vaguely remember doing that myself.

DukeBobby

I believe you, dude. Your impressions are much appreciated.

You enjoying it though, yeah?
Yes, its quite good.

Good. Fuck 'em, quite frankly.

Has the game gotten any harder on Normal? I'm planning a Hard mode run

Not much i'd say. If you like a challenge, you should go for a Hard mode run imo. And it seems as the enemies you encounter gets more powerful (from police to soldier) they get harder to kill. Killing them with one or two shots with pistol is valid for police but soldiers are much harder to kill. Very close to Bioshock that way.

Edit:
Seriously though, impressions when you have time.
I will do that sir!

I was one of those people with Halo 4, so I know that feel.

Thank you.

I believe you, dude. Your impressions are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Vire

I wonder how they will handle Elizabeth's outfit change/hair style change.

Leap in time to a further point?

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Yes, its quite good.

Not much i'd say. If you like a challenge, you should go for a Hard mode run imo. And it seems as the enemies you encounter gets more powerful (from police to soldier) they get harder to kill. Killing them with one or two shots with pistol is valid for police but soldiers are much harder to kill. Very close to Bioshock that way.

Is there a good amount of weapon variety so far?

bidguy

Banned
Not much i'd say. If you like a challenge, you should go for a Hard mode run imo. And it seems as the enemies you encounter gets more powerful (from police to soldier) they get harder to kill. Killing them with one or two shots with pistol is valid for police but soldiers are much harder to kill. Very close to Bioshock that.

Could you tell us if there are visible weapon upgrades like in Bioshock 1 and how are the vending machines ???? sorry for bothering you but could you put your answers in spoiler tags ? :)

Is there a good amount of weapon variety so far?

The ones i encountered so far:
-Pistol
-Machine Gun
-Carbine
-RPG
-Shotgun
-Can't remember its name but its a gatling gun
-Sniper Rifle (I am not the one for Sniper rifles but i really liked using this one)

CrazyDude

You said in the other thread that you would post proof, now all of a sudden you refuse to do so. I can't see why you would get all offended when you are making yourself seem very suspicious. All you need to do is post a picture of the disc with your username and that will clear all doubt. I and other have been burnt to many times by people who lie. I am more prone into thinking you're telling the truth.

Could you tell us if there are visible weapon upgrades like in Bioshock 1 and how are the vending machines ???? sorry for bothering you but could you put your answers in spoiler tags ? :)

Its no bother at all.

Yes you can modify them for higher damage, bigger clip size etc. I am not sure if it does changes visually as i only upgraded Pistol (using money on vigors) and didn't use it much as pistol felt weak against most enemies later.

Vending Machines (Description)

Three kind of vending machines so far:
-Ones you can buy health, salt, ammo.
-Ones for upgrading vigors
-Ones for upgrading weapons

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
You said in the other thread that you would post proof, now all of a sudden you refuse to do so. I can't see why you would get all offended when you are making yourself seem very suspicious. All you need to do is post a picture of the disc with your username and that will clear all doubt. I and other have been burnt to many times by people who lie. I am more prone into thinking you're telling the truth.

I think the doubt concerns whether he got it legally or not, not that he's just pretending to have it and feeding us false information. You're not going to get "burned."

Vire

Its no bother at all.

Yes you can modify them for higher damage, bigger clip size etc. I am not sure if it does changes visually as i only upgraded Pistol (using money on vigors) and didn't use it much as pistol felt weak against most enemies later.

Any Circus of Values references? :p

Muffdraul

Its no bother at all.

I just want to say thank you for being sure to black everything out! *squints to avoid reading it in this reply*

Big question that you may not be able to answer yet, but what's your opinion on Elizabeth's A.I. and function in combat? There's some walkthroughs that go over the "triggers" and what she does in combat, but it'd be nice to get an opinion from a player's perspective on how that all comes together.

dan2026

Gah I hate the PS3 vs 360 which will run better roulette.

Conventional wisdom says 360, so I think I will stake my money on that one.

Top Bottom