• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

B33

Banned
I'm elated you guys are enjoying the thread.

Andrew's unbridled enthusiasm and Cystm's artistry deserve much adulation. Well done, guys!

Seven more days!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Great OT! Just my luck I have to travel next week and won't get back until Friday night. Then I'll have to start the download and probably won't be able to get to play until Saturday :(

Big question that you may not be able to answer yet, but what's your opinion on Elizabeth's A.I. and function in combat? There's some walkthroughs that go over the "triggers" and what she does in combat, but it'd be nice to get an opinion from a player's perspective on how that all comes together.

I will write more details on it later in a much longer post on game but i can say that if you felt comfortable with Alyx , you will love Elizabeth.

Danj

Managed to claw back the £69 upfront cost of my new phone from Three (they started an offer where they reduced the Xperia Z to no upfront cost for a limited time, about 2 days after I put my upgrade request in) so I've preordered Bioshock Infinite on Steam.

I got my copies of BioShock 1 and XCOM straight away, but the TF2 hats don't seem to have shown up, has anyone else got their hats yet? Or will they be a thing that doesn't show up until you have Infinite and start playing it, like with the Linux thing?

Managed to claw back the £69 upfront cost of my new phone from Three (they started an offer where they reduced the Xperia Z to no upfront cost for a limited time, about 2 days after I put my upgrade request in) so I've preordered Bioshock Infinite on Steam.

I got my copies of BioShock 1 and XCOM straight away, but the TF2 hats don't seem to have shown up, has anyone else got their hats yet? Or will they be a thing that doesn't show up until you have Infinite and start playing it, like with the Linux thing?

Got to run TF2 for items to show up.

Still waiting on XCOM to show up....:(

xErotic

Just pre-ordered this morning.

Is XCOM supposed to show up in my steam library or in the inventory page? Bioshock1 appeared in my library right after my purchase.

Who knows what system it will run better on hopefully digital foundry can do one a few days before release but it is true most of the time they do run better on 360. But since this is UE3 I have a feeling graphics will be better on PS3 but the performance might be slightly better on 360 have to see.

I have £6 GMG credit but I can't be bothered with the 2 free games so hopefully they end it soon so I can use the 20% voucher on it and hopefully get it cheaper than £24. If they don't there is no point preordering from GMG as preorders have to wait longer than people that buy it as soon as.

Anyway looking forward to the game, I really hope it is as amazing as the first one.

Dunno if this was mentioned but if you pre-order the digital version from Amazon you get XCOM for free and $30 2K Games credit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SPZ11Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Pre-order "BioShock Infinite" and get "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" Free + $30 2K Games Credit + "BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt" for Kindle + "Industrial Revolution Pack"

wow, would've done that if they offered that earlier. Stupid they didn't offer xcom on the pre order right away. Preordered on steam because of xcom.

Amir0x

Banned
oh man my brother-in-law just delivered my HD Radeon 7870 now, and just staring at that coupon makes me swoon:

00-995-146-03.jpg

I am so selling the Tomb Raider code for $25 in Buy/Sell/Trade neoGAF.

Dunno if this was mentioned but if you pre-order the digital version from Amazon you get XCOM for free and $30 2K Games credit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SPZ11Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Pre-order "BioShock Infinite" and get "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" Free + $30 2K Games Credit + "BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt" for Kindle + "Industrial Revolution Pack"

Hmm, to keep my $50 PC box amazon preorder or switch to DDL and get another copy of Xcom. Anyone know of any other 2K games coming out this year?

I'm more curious about the music/soundtrack for this game more than anything else. I've been listening to the Bioshock 2 soundtrack for days now.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'm pretty far from the typical NeoGaf game snob, but I really hate the cover. There is going to be a lot of anger and disillusionment in this thread I fear.

Vire

I'm pretty far from the typical NeoGaf game snob, but I really hate the cover. There is going to be a lot of anger and disillusionment in this thread I fear.

Ken does too

He talks about it in the QA portion. Very interesting.

Ironically he likes the piece I like the most too, shame it wasn't used.

Andrew.

Banned

Levines explained the cover. You can check out what he says in the Ken section of the OT. Pretty sure we're all basically over it and understand where he is coming from even if we dont personally care for the style.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
So, some thoughts on the mind in revolt novella:

• Fun little introduction to the world
  • Maybe because of the length, but it's ridiculous how quickly the doctor rebels
  • Characters are bland

Overall a fun little distraction, but unfortunately poorly executed.
It almost boils down to the doctor being surprised she's so smart and wanting to save her merely
because intelligence is all he values. Plus when Daisy interacts with the doctor she's either [silent] or very cliche', the story really doesn't bother trying to capture what the doctor
sees in her.

Top Bottom