• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Levines explained the cover. You can check out what he says in the Ken section of the OT. Pretty sure we're all basically over it and understand where he is coming from even if we dont personally care for the style.

Cool, I'll read it. My reasoning has nothing to do with Uncharted or Dudebro or any of that bullshit. To me, it doesn't give the slightest inclination of what the game is about.

I'm more curious about the music/soundtrack for this game more than anything else. I've been listening to the Bioshock 2 soundtrack for days now.

Here are a few samples:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/12/the-music-of-bioshock-infinite

Warning about the first video, it contains gameplay footage where that track crops up, as well as ties in with one of the story elements.

Just in case you've been on a blackout.

Update

And here's a recording session for the soundtrack between Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper (VAs for Booker and Elizabeth): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOS74tXnWEM

ironcreed

Banned
My mind keeps drifting back to 2007 when the first one was about to release. Now, here we are at the end of this gen, one week out from another Bioshock. One we have been waiting years for now. God, this gen really has flown by.

So, some thoughts on the mind in revolt novella:

• Fun little introduction to the world
  • Maybe because of the length, but it's ridiculous how quickly the doctor rebels
  • Characters are bland

Overall a fun little distraction, but unfortunately poorly executed.
It almost boils down to the doctor being surprised she's so smart and wanting to save her merely
because intelligence is all he values. Plus when Daisy interacts with the doctor she's either [silent] or very cliche', the story really doesn't bother trying to capture what the doctor
sees in her.

I can't believe that they tried to charge for this. It reads like a fan fic...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm pretty far from the typical NeoGaf game snob, but I really hate the cover. There is going to be a lot of anger and disillusionment in this thread I fear.

Do you mean you think that a bunch of people are going to buy it based on the cover and then come post here about how they were fooled by a "man with gun" picture?

Andrew.

Banned
He said this at BAFTA.

Ken Levine: "We don't compromise our games, but we may have to compromise on stuff like covers, or marketing in general".

Check out the "Cover art and Fratboys" vid in the Ken section. Its reiterated, but in a better way.

I dont know why Im telling you this, Im sure youve seen it all already =P

Vire

I'd seriously would love if Ken did a TED talk, I think it would go a long way to change the perception of games.

I am curious about Move support for the PS3 version. Anything on that?

Also about the 2011 E3 demo,
will the game still have segments where you are pulled into the 1980s? Or any time traveling.

Muffdraul

My mind keeps drifting back to 2007 when the first one was about to release. Now, here we are at the end of this gen, one week out from another Bioshock. One we have been waiting years for now. God, this gen really has flown by.

Me too. My hype period for Bioshock 1 was mercifully brief, because I didn't really pay much attention to it until I read a big preview article in EGM about three months before release. From that point on, I went nuts. I just dug that old mag out the other day... meeeemories.

But I've been waiting for Infinite since goddamn summer 2010. Wheeeeee!

Andrew.

Banned
Are you guys glad a demo wasnt released or would you have preferred one?

The original BioShock demo was incredible I remember. Me and my buddy played it every night for a month it seemed until release day.

BraXzy

Perfection. Nice hook up.

Unintentional Bioshock Infinite pun FTW

sky-hook-replica.jpg

The original BioShock demo was incredible I remember. Me and my buddy played it every night for a month it seemed until release day.

I'm glad there isn't one. Getting blue balls once the demo ends, only to have to wait another week for the game to ship would be pure agony

Coldsnap

Will this game be available for pre download on the weekend on steam? Traveling next week for GDC and would like it to be ready to enjoy when I get home.

dreamfall

I feel the same anticipation from that 2007 release. It's making me nostalgic and slightly emotionally distraught, at the same time. It feels like we're on the eve of a huge release, and one that could potentially affect how stories are crafted in the FPS genre. And Columbia! Blissful sky exploration!

Jarmel

Banned
I want to start on 1999 but I'm afraid that there's going to be some broken segment that is pretty much impossible your first time through.

ironcreed

Banned
I feel the same anticipation from that 2007 release. It's making me nostalgic and slightly emotionally distraught, at the same time. It feels like we're on the eve of a huge release, and one that could potentially affect how stories are crafted in the FPS genre. And Columbia! Blissful sky exploration!

We honestly need a game like that right about now. Something that people will still be playing and talking about years from now. Let's hope it delivers that kind of experience, but I'll still settle for just a great game.

Andrew.

Banned
We honestly need a game like that right about now. Something that people will still be playing and talking about years from now. Let's hope it delivers that kind of experience, but I'll still settle for just a great game.

When was the last time a game released that had a BioShock sized impact on the industry and the way stories were told?

ironcreed

Banned
When was the last time a game released that had a BioShock sized impact on the industry and the way stories were told?

Well, the first one certainly qualifies. Especially in regards to first person shooters. Hopefully this one has at least that sort of reception or maybe even ends up on the same level as something like Half-Life 2. We desperately need another game to make that sort of impact, and this is as good a contender to do it as we are likely to get anytime soon.

B33

Banned
Definitely, I really hope levine just pitched the idea ( which isn't too bad ) and they hired some crappy writer to do it.

It's fallible, brief, but effective. I don't think it reads like fan fiction. As strictly a preorder incentive for creating a context for Columbia, it works fine. It's one of the better tie-in products I've seen.

Muffdraul

The Bioshock 1 demo came out exactly one week before launch,. I didn't really have any "blue balls" from it, because it was so close to the full game. I played it at least once per night that week. Probably a lot more if I had to be honest... I wouldn't have minded the same thing for Infinite.

I remember the first thing I did when first I logged into XBL after setting up my first 360 in the summer of 2006 was download the Bioshock 1 teaser. The one where it's from the POV of a random splicer getting killed by a Big Daddy. And after watching it, I thought "Oooooh... so you play as the huge guy in the diving suit, not the regular guy. Interesting."

Andrew.

Banned
The Bioshock 1 demo came out exactly one week before launch,. I didn't really have any "blue balls" from it, because it was so close to the full game. I played it at least once per night that week. Probably a lot more if I had to be honest... I wouldn't have minded the same thing for Infinite.

Wow was it only a week? It sure felt like a month...damn.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's "interesting." I appreciate how choices are made through gameplay, something I hope bioshock does. I swear if there's a giant DO GOOD SHIT or DO EVIL SHIT. I am going to burst out laughing.

There will be plenty of choices you have to make throughout the game. Some will be timed so you better react fast.

I'm I the only one who thinks that the HUD is too tiny? Anyway to adjust that in the final game? Console versions specifically, I literally have to squint to read or make out anything. Never had that problem with any game.

It's "interesting." I appreciate how choices are made through gameplay, something I hope bioshock does. I swear if there's a giant DO GOOD SHIT or DO EVIL SHIT. I am going to burst out laughing.

From what we've read in interviews regarding an event with an interracial couple, it is that exactly.

Vire

I'm I the only one who thinks that the HUD is too tiny? Anyway to adjust that in the final game? Console versions specifically, I literally have to squint to read or make out anything. Never had that problem with any game.

Funny, because I thought the HUD was intrusive in the combat videos.

The good news is you can disable most of it.

I dunno about scaling it.

Top Bottom