• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlackRock Shooter: The Game |OT| One girl in all the world

cj_iwakura

Uj3UhYU.png

xQvzieQ.png

Brsgamecover.jpg

Release Date / Pricing
8/25/2011 [JP (PSN/UMD)]
4/23/2013 [US (PSN only, Vita Compatible] - $19.99
4/24/2013 [Limited PAL]
Make A US Account [Canada/Mexico/everywhere not linked above]

(This game will not be released outside of the US in North America for legal reasons.
I'll be happy to help with creating a US account if needed.)

Developer: Imageepoch (Fate/Extra)
Publisher: NIS America
Animated cutscenes by: UFO Table (Fate/Zero)
Character design: Ryohei "Huke" Fuke (Steins;Gate)

kZ8Idp5.jpg

Black Rock Shooter: The Game is an action RPG in which players take on the role of the eponymous Black Rock Shooter (BRS for short). The game is divided up into several missions in which the player must clear objectives to progress.
On the main overworld, BRS can explore the available areas and look for certain items.
Battle begins when the player comes into contact with an enemy on the overworld.

During battle, BRS can aim and shoot with her rock cannon at enemies, block against attacks and sidestep to avoid them completely. If the player fires the rock cannon or uses the sidestep too much in a short time, the system will overheat, leaving the player vulnerable to attack until it cools down.

Throughout the game, players can earn abilities that can be equipped to BRS and used in battle, each with their own cooldown periods. These include offensive attacks such as a powerful blast, a sniper rifle, or support abilities that can increase BRS' stats such as her attack or defense. Certain sections will also see BRS ride a motorcycle, in which she can attacks enemies either side of her or use weapons to fire in front of enemies.

RCRdA5Z.png

phSrEQn.png

HhiFHEk.png

jWGH2bP.png

0bCx9vb.png

Media

O13fRpp.jpg
9kIfESF.jpg

NeQdAPB.jpg
JPQ7B40.jpg

qUw2pcr.jpg
r6kPaBk.jpg

zIr3oXf.jpg
WSv3N12.jpg

eYZoLRC.jpg
oMwkTSv.jpg

Trailers

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

44ZWLz1.png
NqBZjnc.png
Owf2Sxh.png
JDoXzVx.png
YvSGwWS.png

jE5zDXU.png
zj1IJQB.png
UsYXp8d.png
2QGo1BT.png

FYC

Banned
Good OT!

I've never watched the anime, but this looks pretty neat. I'll be done my finals when this comes out so I might pick it up as a celebration.

Tizoc

While I've yet to watch the anime, I am interested in getting the game.
I'd ask about why she wears what she wears but then I remember this is Japan we're talking about.

Noi

Huh, 20? I think I might just bite at that price. Hopefully its Vita-compatible from day 1.

TheChaos0

Really? My bad. I'll update!

As a note, not available in all the countries, here's the list of the countries it's available in:

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Holland, UK, Romania, and Bulgaria.

Nudull

Banned
Weird, I thought this localization was long abandoned, what with how dead word had been about the game. I haven't seen the anime either, but I was curious about the game, so I'll be trying it this week.

cj_iwakura

As a note, not available in all the countries, here's the list:

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Holland, UK, Romania, and Bulgaria.

Maybe it would be easier to list what countries it IS available in...

Rasec

As a note, not available in all the countries, here's the list:

Well if this are the countries that it won't come out in europe, so what's the point on releasing it on EU?

Well if this are the countries that it won't come out in europe, so what's the point on releasing it on EU?

Those are actually the EU countries it is releasing in.

I shall be buying this day one, but the timing is really crummy with Fire Emblem last week so it'll have to sit in my (digital) backlog for a while.

May16

"We only want money from here, here, and here."
If a certain country's license costs more money than they'd make on a given game, then you can't fault them. =/

That's how businesses close up. I'd love to make my work available to everyone, too, but in some cases, it's not worth risking, you know, my job over it.

Ricker

Reminds me of that early 360 game,damn I forgot the name for now,she kinda looked like her and it was an average third person shooter,she had a big cannon in here hands...anyway,If I remember from the Japanese thread,this one is kinda average also...?

Rasec

Those are actually the EU countries it is releasing in.

I shall be buying this day one, but the timing is really crummy with Fire Emblem last week so it'll have to sit in my (digital) backlog for a while.

Nice. I was afraid that i wouldn't get the game xP

Reminds me of that early 360 game,damn I forgot the name for now,she kinda looked like her and it was an average third person shooter,she had a big cannon in here hands...anyway,If I remember from the Japanese thread,this is kinda average...?

Bullet Witch?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played through the Japanese versions and hated it. The "main" enemy designs and voices were great, but everything else was just a mess imo.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Can you elaborate? I'm curious about how the game plays.
The battle system is an interesting take on your typical RPG battle system, but is killed by repetition. There's way too little variety in the enemy types.

While the city level doesn't look bad, I hated the
forest
stage, which just looked like a really ugly brown/green corridor.

I've played it when it came out in Japan (...2 years ago?) so I don't remember the details, just that I was really disappointed.

antibolo

Banned
As I said in that other thread, if you are from a country not getting it and intend on making a US account to buy it, keep in mind that the PSP and Vita can only be linked from a single PSN account at a time (unlike the PS3 which can be simultaneously linked to as many PSN accounts as there are local users).

With the PSP, switching accounts is relatively fast and easy. Even better if you use a PS3 to do it.

With the Vita, you need a dedicated memory card and have to do a factory reset every time you want to change accounts. Unless you already have this setup and/or intend on buying more US games in the future I would not recommend it, not worth the hassle.

I'm really digging this so far. I can possibly see the battle system getting repetitive but for right now I really like how battles flow. And the music is amazing! <3 Manabu Namiki

Varshes

Guess I'm gonna dust off the PSP so I can play this in Canada... I'd rather play it on Vita but I'd rather not go through that hassle. Grabbed a US $20 PSN card just for this.

Top Bottom