• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlackRock Shooter: The Game |OT| One girl in all the world

matmanx1

I'm pretty stoked for this. I've read some reviews on the JPN version and I know not to expect to be blown away by the gameplay but I've always enjoyed the "Black Rock Shooter" song and the artwork. $20 isn't bad by any means to experience all that style in game form, especially since I got $20 back from Sony this month anyway.

Preparing to d/l now!

cj_iwakura

Okay, I think I get the gist of the game flow now.

Built on the Fate/Extra engine, that's for sure.

You get free movement around the map until enemies contact you, like in F/E, then a battle starts. You move from side to side and blow things up, and overheat if you do it for too long.

Nothing fancy, but it's fun enough, and I dig the game's aesthetics and UI.

Some gorgeous artwork on display in the menu screens.

Also nice to be back on the PSP with some crisp, clear audio after suffering through 3DS' godawful speakers.

Clov

You get free movement around the map until enemies contact you, like in F/E, then a battle starts. You move from side to side and blow things up, and overheat if you do it for too long.

Also nice to be back on the PSP with some crisp, clear audio after suffering through 3DS' godawful speakers.

Sounds nice so far! I really loved Fate/Extra, so I can't wait to give this a shot later.

Create a new user and say you're from the US. The rest is pretty simple.

Welcome to the US PSN.

Can't say I expected a metal opening.

I'll say this for Imageepoch: they certainly try different things.

But how do I transfer the game to my Vita if it's on a Canadian account?

Jawmuncher

Fate Extra are we talking about the RPG game here that had a rock paper scissor type system? That game I found was really tough. Not to mention for me a bit boring.
But it seems the main similarities are just the engine though?

cj_iwakura

Fate Extra are we talking about the RPG game here that had a rock paper scissor type system? That game I found was really tough. Not to mention for me a bit boring.
But it seems the main similarities are just the engine though?

Yes, that's the one.

And the similarities end there, but I think the same composer did BRS. Music sounds a lot like F/E's.

LuuKyK

Someone on IGN was giving a copy of the game for free on twitter earlier today and I missed it by minutes. ;-; Fuck me. Oh well, Im still interested in this, just cant afford right now.

cj_iwakura

Someone on IGN was giving a copy of the game for free on twitter earlier today and I missed it by minutes. ;-; Fuck me. Oh well, Im still interested in this, just cant afford right now.

Is IGN 'we don't review PSP games anymore' going to do this too? Color me shocked.

Noi

Dumped an hour into this today, cleared everything in Stage 1 except for all the pesky Golden Dawn enemies. Getting the timing down for dodging in battle and managing your heat meter can get pretty tough, plus you can't hammer on the dodge button or else you end up dodging right back into the enemy's attack. Will keep playing once I unload some of my classwork.

Noi

I don't get the dodging mechanic at all, how do you time it to get away and not get wailed on for doing it?

Have to time it after the flash. If you dodge right when the flash happens, the enemy still has the time to turn and hit you before he does the attack.

cj_iwakura

Is there a way to get the jump on enemies on the map or do you have to just let them hit you?

Not that I can tell. This game seems like it suffers from a lack of improvements that could have made it a lot more fun, like preemptive strikes and such.

Cheska

Woo, thanks for the OT cj! I had completely forgotten that we were getting this game, so this refreshed my memory. Game is downloading as I type, can't wait to jump in!

Two trailers were added to the GB store today.

WK8tV72.jpg

7LmyH0Y.png

This is kind of a bad release so far... only available in certain territories, announced only 1 or 2 weeks before it's out, and now this delay.

Eusis

Is IGN 'we don't review PSP games anymore' going to do this too? Color me shocked.
Colin Moriarty clearly has no interest, but I'm guessing others are stepping in and doing it because they WANT to cover it, and the PSP's going to stubbornly cling on as long as it can anyway.

Clov

I like the game so far (though I haven't played much of it yet). The combat may be simple, but it's pretty addicting to me. I can see how it would get old fast, but hey, it's a handheld game, so I can play it in short bursts. I'm going to keep on playing for now.

apricot

Enjoying what I've played so far well enough, definitely getting the Fate/Extra vibe. Hope it doesn't get repetitive too quickly >_<

Yeah, this would be the day I drop and subsequently step on my Vita, and crack the screen in the process :p

Will buy this tomorrow if impressions are strong and sit on it until I can eBay a new unit...

Lain

7LmyH0Y.png

This is kind of a bad release so far... only available in certain territories, announced only 1 or 2 weeks before it's out, and now this delay.

The delay does suck, but at least I'll be sure to have the money next week (I spent it on the GamersGate sale this week, silly me) if the delay isn't too long.

Jucksalbe

Banned
From the EU PS Blog:

Posted on 25 April, 2013 at 11:17 am by Jawad Ashraf

Update: Black Rock Shooter will be available later today. Thank you for your patience.

Edit: It's already up. 19.99&#8364;.

From the EU PS Blog:

Edit: It's already up. 19.99€.

Phew I'm glad this was resolved quickly! :D Now I just need to look where I can scrap off 20€ as between birthday presents, getting Fire Emblem Awakening and getting hit by customs from importing Senran Kagura I again way overloaded my gaming budget :( Oh and does anyone know how big in size it is?

Top Bottom