• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade Kitten |OT| Ah! Ur So Good At Fighting.

Volcynika

BrokenSymmetry said:
Bought this game today, and I'm absolutely loving it. The art style, the colors, the music, the cheerfulness of it all. And I love the speediness of all moves. The slide move in particular is great.

Currently there are 136 people on the leaderboards (on the 360). Are only the people ranked who completed the game?

The slide move is so broken :lol

It makes pretty much all enemies that you don't have to jump to easy as pie.

Gazunta

BrokenSymmetry said:
Bought this game today, and I'm absolutely loving it. The art style, the colors, the music, the cheerfulness of it all. And I love the speediness of all moves. The slide move in particular is great.

Currently there are 136 people on the leaderboards (on the 360). Are only the people ranked who completed the game?
The leaderboards just track people who complete the game. Wow @ the guy holding the #1 spot at the moment!

Also Eurogamer awarded it an 8 out of 10. WHOO! http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-24-download-games-roundup-article?page=3

I played the demo today.

This game totally reminds me of many Western platformers, where every single nook and cranny is stuffed with some secret, collectible, or something. I don't like that style, especially with the very long demo level.

Also, the enemies were kinda same-y. I was hoping to see some enemy variety, especially considering how long I've played, but ah well.

Someone here mentioned that the game has more variety and shorter levels in the full game... So I may pick it up along the line, since the game isn't bad. Also, the game has very nice presentation in little things like the menus and stuff. I really appreciate that.

Bought the game this weekend after another demo playthrough. I was rushing the game more than I should have, it's a lot about taking your time and exploring. I'm about halfway now in the full game and I am really enjoying it! The varition in maps and gameplay is great. Looking forward to playing this more in the upcoming week :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Game is horrible. Everything I had to say about the game is already posted on the thread, including floaty controls, repetitive level and too much sideways paths to little reward. The damn chests give you nothing, just a buncha more money. Bleh.

I'll add that every single collision on the game (with ceilings, walls and enemies) is a fucking mess. I was standing around in vertical walls, more than once Kitty used the "falling through a vertical wall while holding onto it" animation while I was traversing through ceilings, sometimes I would be climbing a wall but not connecting to it at all, among other jankyness (like being catch between two melee enemies attacking animation and not being able to do anything).

There's also apparently some sort of special attack, which appears to require more button presses to be performed than the 2 attacks each enemy takes to go down.

OP in here is great tho.

mrpeabody

Joystiq says 3.5/5.

All the elements of a great game are here: gorgeous graphics, stellar controls, a robust move set -- yet Krome seems content to settle for mediocrity when placing them into a cohesive whole. A little more care in the combat and writing could have done wonders for the adventure.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Mar said:
Feel bad for the guys. They obviously worked hard on it.

On a positive note, it is great to see them bring out a game based on their own IP after several years of licensed titles. It has been far too long since Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3.

Hope to see more original stuff from them.

Gravijah

FWIW, I like the art style of this game. On the other hand, you could add cat ears and a tail to anything and I would love it.

mandiller

The game reminds me of fond memories with Jazz Jackrabbit, which is cool. I like the art style and also some of the little details (soldiers yelling "Oscar Mike Gamma" for example).

However, I can't get over how floaty the controls seem to be. The character keeps sliding weirdly after you stop pressing in that direction and in general it doesn't feel too good.

Props to Krome for releasing an original IP though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gravijah said:
CATGIRLS ARE NOT FURRIES! THIS IS A FACT!

furry.jpg

SmokyDave

Well, I must say I'm rather enjoying this game, it reminds me of Strider on the Megadrive.

shuri said:
When you buy this game, you support furries!
As long as it's not my cat they're fucking, I'm OK with that.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Mario said:
On a positive note, it is great to see them bring out a game based on their own IP after several years of licensed titles. It has been far too long since Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3.

Hope to see more original stuff from them.
you're going to love the Ty MMO

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kulock said:
To my understanding it's not, that was just an early goof on the Steam store page that's since been removed.

The Impulse/Gamersgate versions said Securom, and that's what I go by.

I only use Steam under very limited circumstances.

Yeah, just saw- Steam version only- and giving significant preferential treatment to Steam also = no buy. Other versions still have rootkit.

There's enough good, fair/no DRM PC games that I don't need to waver on this stance for something that would just be an impulse buy.

Finished the game earlier this evening. It has been an enjoyable playthrough. Would have liked more bosses, and a little more variation in the enemies fighting styles.

I kind of feel sorry for Krome now that they had to depart, I say that because now the game is 600 allards for the week I went ahead and bought it.. and I enjoy it quite a bit.

I've covered the first large two areas and hit the point where i'm about to ride that noot thing, the exploration and platforming is the most interesting part for me in this game, if it wasn't for hunting down credit chips and gold boxes I would be bored already but I love that sort of platforming, the way Kit can climb any ledge makes me think about Knytt and Knytt stories a fair bit, no area is unreachable without a little thought. I did think the first stage was a bit too long but now that I played the 2nd stage I like them as they are with plenty to do.

Sometimes Kit won't do what you think she will when you try to double jump from a wall or grab a ceiling, sometimes she will do it no problem other times she will just ignore that 2nd jump or refuse to grab the ceiling and hit it with her head, it's not too bad since i've not died by it yet.

Combat is rather dry though it feels so simple, mash X a few times, hold LT to block, whack X again or B if you want to hit them from afar, the 10 kill without damage achievement was unlocked by the first 10 enemies lol.

Oh ku long range attacks use up stamina, it took me an entire stage and a half to realise why my long range wasn't working sometimes :lol it uses like 20% or something a swing.

From what I have played I would have to say the game feels like a solid 800 points title, 1200 maybe a little steep, have to play more before I can really say.

Top Bottom