• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay. First off, I'm really liking this game. Quite a bit. I'll be sticking with this one, unlike I did with SSFIV. But of course that makes sense as I was always a bigger Guilty Gear fan.

But...

Arcade Mode is the biggest fucking joke since Samurai Shodown VI/Tenkaichi Kenkakuden. Not just because Unlimited Hazama is ridiculously difficult, but because every fight before him is so easy. It's like the game lulls you into a false sense of security with the first nine bouts, then it hits you with U. Hazama as though to say "You think you're actually going to finish Arcade Mode? HAHA FUCK YOU." Seriously. I love the online mode, Legion, Versus, basically everything else, but Arcade Mode can fuck right off. I mean, Boss I-No was hard in GGXX, but managable. She never had me to a point where I could barely do any damage to her at all. Hazama is the worst fucking boss since Shin Gaoh. Goddamn.

/rage

_dementia said:
I play a really bad Hazama, but apparently he's decent enough for buttholes to ragequit against.
Hazama is very frustrating to play against sometimes because that goddamn 18 hit air combo is the only thing he ever seemingly does.:lol

I like seeing good players mix it up with him though.

SolarPowered said:
Hazama is very frustrating to play against sometimes because that goddamn 18 hit air combo is the only thing he ever seemingly does.:lol

I like seeing good players mix it up with him though.
I feel his mixup game is rather bad actually. And the j.C thing is pretty easy and has a few variations in his BnBs, so you'll see it often.

_dementia said:
I feel his mixup game is rather bad actually. And the j.C thing is pretty easy and has a few variations in his BnBs, so you'll see it often.
I have to agree. I myself don't play the game just to win though. I also like to play using unorthodox styles(which probably isn't helping me win). It's still nice to see someone try a different approach with characters who are supposedly specialized in certain areas, but Hazama's damage does suck and he honestly doesn't have much to work with. :/

Dresden

Enjoying Jin now, started playing him after I went through the story mode with him, he just 'clicks' with me for some reason.

Also, for some reason I'm stuck at 99% in Noel's story mode. Did every ending, don't know what's wrong.

xero273

Dresden said:
Enjoying Jin now, started playing him after I went through the story mode with him, he just 'clicks' with me for some reason.

Also, for some reason I'm stuck at 99% in Noel's story mode. Did every ending, don't know what's wrong.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...ou-unlock-different-paths-in-story-mode/page2

scroll down to Noel. You should be missing the part after beating bang. You have three options. Don't know which one you are missing. just pick the option you are missing watch the scene and exit out and you should have 100%

zlatko

Banned
fubarduck said:
For those who missed it or just want to watch the craziness again, the full BB:CS SBO Qualifier footage is on Youtube now in HD:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7B4952600B467818

I watched this live when Spooky streamed it. Fun stream. I was one of the guys who kept mentioning how you look just like Keanu Reeves. I'm glad the team that won had a lower tier character like Tager for it. Rooting for the under dog and having him cause an upset is always awesome. :D

Oh @ Solar Powered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLz7w54615Y

Go 4 minutes into the video.

Also, to anyone having troubles with Unlimited Hazama and are just trying to clear arcade modes then set it to beginner mode. Granted I have beaten Arcade on Hell and score attack as well. Shout outs to beginner mode tager. :lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SolarPowered said:
I'm in a similar situation. I wouldn't mind having sparring partners that main Carl, Arakune, Hazama and Tager. Those are definitely my worst match ups.

edit:
I've still got you on my list Giolon.:lol

I main Tager, I don't think we ever added eachother even though I remember fighting you before.

ultim8p00

Banned
"Learn how to use something other then the A button typical noel scrub"

Well fuck, sorry. I'll stick to DDDDDDDDDDD next time. Oh yeah and I beat hime at least 20 times (4+ matches set to 5 rounds a match).

Playing vs Bang or Litchi or Ragna feels impossible. All I hear is "counter" "counter" "counter" all fucking day. Cannot even move.

Q8D3vil

I have to agree. I myself don't play the game just to win though. I also like to play using unorthodox styles(which probably isn't helping me win). It's still nice to see someone try a different approach with characters who are supposedly specialized in certain areas, but Hazama's damage does suck and he honestly doesn't have much to work with. :/
lol what ?! :lol

he's a freaking top player though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
FlightOfHeaven said:
I don't see how you proved him wrong. His damage output is decent, but 90% of his gameplay stemmed from a limited moveset.

Very effective application, though.

Instant block everything free meter recover faster kick in face win

nothing wrong there xD

LowParry

QisTop: What are some of the BnB combos you use with Mak? Been playing around with her 214 tele moves which acts great for dash ins so to speak. Great for corner pressure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
CcrooK said:
QisTop: What are some of the BnB combos you use with Mak? Been playing around with her 214 tele moves which acts great for dash ins so to speak. Great for corner pressure.

>.> uhh they are ok for dash ins. anyways her bnb is

b> c~c> 6b~c

do what ever you want after

mid screen its differnt from corner xD not hard to figure out err dustloop.com is nice ya know too =P

LowParry

QisTopTier said:

b> c~c> 6b~c

mid screen its differnt from corner xD not hard to figure out err dustloop.com is nice ya know too =P

I think they're better than okay. You have three tier choices. Pending on how far they are. Not to mention with 214A into B, you tele right behind them. 214B or C are dependent on distance but always good to follow up with with a CC right after.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
CcrooK said:
I think they're better than okay. You have three tier choices. Pending on how far they are. Not to mention with 214A into B, you tele right behind them. 214B or C are dependent on distance but always good to follow up with with a CC right after.
have fun being counter hit all day :lol

Giolon

QisTopTier said:

b> c~c> 6b~c

omg notation is killing me. > = ? ~ = ?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Finally gonna have some time again. I think I'll try and pick up Makoto tonight too.

Can't wait to hop back in.

_dementia said:
Thanks Fubarduck (and sp00ky), the finals especially were amazing. Will rewatch!
Yeah, seriously. Kenneth was absolutely godly as Bang.
zlatko said:
I watched this live when Spooky streamed it. Fun stream. I was one of the guys who kept mentioning how you look just like Keanu Reeves. I'm glad the team that won had a lower tier character like Tager for it. Rooting for the under dog and having him cause an upset is always awesome. :D
The very first thing that came to mind was that when I saw him on the screen :lol . It's also great to see Tager thriving in high level play as well.
zlatko said:
Oh @ Solar Powered: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLz7w54615Y

Go 4 minutes into the video.
Someone has been eating their wheaties.
Papercuts said:
I main Tager, I don't think we ever added eachother even though I remember fighting you before.
Yeah, we fought back on CT when I was still green. I remember telling you that you're Tager was incredible. I think you got kinda creeped out.:lol
Q8D3vil said:
lol what ?! :lol

he's a freaking top player though.
I see a nice Hazama, but no high damage combos...with the exception of the double hotenjin he pulled off on Dora(who was not as impressive as people on Dustloop made him out to be...maybe a bad game?).
ultim8p00 said:
"Learn how to use something other then the A button typical noel scrub"

Well fuck, sorry. I'll stick to DDDDDDDDDDD next time. Oh yeah and I beat hime at least 20 times (4+ matches set to 5 rounds a match).

Playing vs Bang or Litchi or Ragna feels impossible. All I hear is "counter" "counter" "counter" all fucking day. Cannot even move.
Don't let it get to you. It's fantastic that you're taking the high road with normals instead of mashing D all day. The matchups for Noel have also gotten tougher too, but at least you're not a Rachel player.
sonicspear64 said:
Man I've been too busy with Story mode to even sink time into playing new characters or Bang seriously.
I managed to pry myself away from story mode once I got Mu. I have to admit that I was enjoying this story much more than expected. I was not impressed by the cheap animated segments though. I'm definitely at odds with the people who've been wanting a more anime oriented experience for this game because animation can't bring the world to life in the way that the beautiful visual novel style has.

Top Bottom