• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL wth someone is crying about arakunes curse loop that's like the one thing that prevents him from being trash right now. Besides 7k is the weak version it's supposed to do 9-10k if you nail it right, this isn't even new info this has been around since like what 1 month of bbcs?

I was referring to the story when I made that statement. Unlimited haz is easy as hell

Novid

Banned
QisTopTier said:
LOL wth someone is crying about arakunes curse loop that's like the one thing that prevents him from being trash right now. Besides 7k is the weak version it's supposed to do 9-10k if you nail it right, this isn't even new info this has been around since like what 1 month of bbcs?

I was referring to the story when I made that statement. Unlimited haz is easy as hell

Oh yeah my bad...

speaking about the story again, i almost forgot - the music expecually towards the end reminded me of Xenogears for some reason... maybe the understudy way back when.

Fugu said:
So goes the hitbox.
:(
Fugu said:
Arakune must have cursed you for this to be possible. The reason Arakune isn't the best character in the game is explicitly because it's not easy to curse anymore. When you're not cursed, Arakune has no real AA, crappy range, a wide hitbox, and limited defenses.
Yeah, I do wonder if they'll ever decide to make him more powerful without the bugs. It would probably allow for some way cooler mechanics than what he has now. I would also be interested in the reactions that players/fans will have.:lol

Dreavus

QisTopTier said:
gg's dreavus your jin is getting better... even with the f'd up buttons :lol

and my Mak's leveling up fast :D :D :D

Thanks! gg's.

And you were stomping me regardless of my buttons. I don't want to blame it on that :p I'll have to get them swapped asap.

Also Mak's jab animation is just awesome. :lol

EDIT: yeah im heading out, ill be on later tonight if you guys are still around though. :)

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Man this sucks I get the error 8002231D, and there is no way I can join the chats even after deleting them.

Argh... this is kinda annoying.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Ok seriously wtf, I can't even get into Network on BBCS. I'm log in to PSN, but yet I can't play? This is weird... never had this problem and I already tried lots of logical solutions.

Colocho

Banned
So if I skipped the first one, I should still get this one right? also, if I'm not big on playing online, how good is the single player portion?

Ilparazzo

I wish someone would send me a PSN chat invite, I want to start getting my ass kicked online.

Tried playing a bit in ranking matches today after doing a bunch of story modes, it didn't go well at all. My hakumen is rusty and those new attacks confuse me. I guess it'll be fine after losing a few hundred times.

Colocho said:
So if I skipped the first one, I should still get this one right? also, if I'm not big on playing online, how good is the single player portion?
some of the best single player in a fighting game
lots of stuff to play with

xero273

-DarKaoZ- said:
Ok seriously wtf, I can't even get into Network on BBCS. I'm log in to PSN, but yet I can't play? This is weird... never had this problem and I already tried lots of logical solutions.

did you try other games?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Colocho said:

The story mode is awesome! I would pick up CT for cheap to pick up the story, although the game did sum up the story in CT... it does lose some of the charm if you don't know the back story.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
xero273 said:
did you try other games?

Yup, I tried SSF4 and I could get into Network but not make a room or search for a room.

It's weird, maybe it's due to the PSN Trophy maintenance... but no one seems to be having my problem either. =/

Colocho said:

Yeah, CS is fine since it summarizes the basic story in CT. But I would still play CT if I were you since there are so much more in the stories there. And like everyone else says, the single player mode is the best in any fighting game (actually, I still think VF4Evo is the best in that area). Definitely start with the story mode, I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Legion mode is fun too and also try Score Attack if you're up for some challenge.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If someone could send me a PSN chat invite (SeraphisCain on PSN) I'd really appreciate it! :D Need some more practice with Lambda later on.

Nose Master

Sorry if this is answered in CS (or by a simple google search, I don't have CS til friday): To jump cancel an air attack, do you just jump, or do you do a superjump motion?

Ferrio

Banned
Nose Master said:
Sorry if this is answered in CS (or by a simple google search, I don't have CS til friday): To jump cancel an air attack, do you just jump, or do you do a superjump motion?

Just jump.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nose Master said:

Both of them work. If you do challenge mode combos it shows you if it needs to be a sj or not.

Oh wait, air attack. Yeah, just jump.

Got the game yesterday, really fun so far. Forgot how intense and crazy Blazblue is, a nice change of pace from SSF4. I'm not an anime fan, but the story mode is actually pretty decent so far, I like how it tends to poke fun at itself like and I guess anime fans in general like
calling Ragna a mouth breathing pedophile
which had me cracking up. Granted I don't know what the hell they're talking about half the time, but there you go.

Also learned that challenge mode is no joke. Hit challenge 3 with Jin just kind of messing around and the first combo had 4 simple inputs, the next had about 10 with two sets of dashes and a double jump.

Few questions. Is anyone else having trouble with dragon punch motions btw? I can fire off DP's 99.99% of the time in SSF4 with no problem, in BB:CS I'm at 50% or so and I'm not sure why, pad player if that makes a difference.

Last but not least, who is a low execution character outside of Tager (don't like grappler type characters) Haku-men I'm assuming? I used Jin in the original and will probably stick with him but I'd like to pick up another character as a sub who doesn't have too high of a learning curve.

No one has the game on the 360 huh?

:(
Sir Garbageman said:
Last but not least, who is a low execution character outside of Tager (don't like grappler type characters) Haku-men I'm assuming? I used Jin in the original and will probably stick with him but I'd like to pick up another character as a sub who doesn't have too high of a learning curve.
Ragna, Jin, Noel and maybe Bang if you want versatility and lots of options.

Colocho said:

I'm actually working through all the single player options at this time. An excellent offering.

So far I've gone through Arcade mode only once (it's arcade mode, what do you expect?), but I have 100% completed Story Mode, Tutorial, and Legion. I've done a few Challenges, too.

Lots to do in Single Player.

However, the replay value is truly online. Tutorials and Challenges really prep you for it. I've started the Challenges for a few characters, and I'm starting to get characters like Taokaka. This preps you for online play.

Well Kokonoe just shit on me by saying I don't need to lose to people on purpose to get 100% now. :lol I'm still gonna do it though since it's easier with the new retry option and I like listening to the dialogue.

After playing with Makoto a good deal last night (rawr) I've found my sub-character behind Litchi. She's got a lot of fun options and moves just right for my typical play style. Whoever said she works like Vanessa is pretty spot on, too.

Ferrio

Banned
My fundamentals in this game suck hardcore. I can't break pressure very well without eating a counter hit, and I have a hard time capitalizing on the odd hit I get here and there (like getting someone in midair, but not following up).

Such a shame :( Too old for this!

QisTopTier said:
I dont get it sure I could understand doing it mid screen. but if you are anywhere near the damn corner she can do so much more dmg NOT doing it... oh well its a good laugh seeing people think thats all they need :lol

Ya, watching that vid, he's doing the loop, but you're Mak would run circles around him.

Speaking of which, how close to the corner do you have to be to follow up 5D (lvl 3) with 2D (lvl 3)? I noticed you hit me with it quite a lot, even when I thought I was outta range. Think it was mostly because of retarded recovery on my part, but wasn't sure.

sonicspear64 said:
Well Kokonoe just shit on me by saying I don't need to lose to people on purpose to get 100% now. :lol I'm still gonna do it though since it's easier with the new retry option and I like listening to the dialogue.

That's a lie.

To get 100% you need to lose at some points. That's how you get the Bad Endings for characters (which are at times funnier than the Gag Endings thanks to the Professor Kokonoe sections). Perhaps they meant you don't need to lose to get the True Ending.

You don't need to lose every single fight, thank god, and there's fewer branching paths and fewer fights overall. Litchi had like, 2.

Seriously.

Help Me, Professor Kokonoe for Arakune was hilarious. Beautiful Arakune returns!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I ordered the game and it finally arrived yesterday, I only had a couple of hours to play it before work today.

-Kokonoe is funny as hell when she gives tips, she yelled at my ass for screwing up Noel's story :lol
-ARC continues on its bizarre fascination with Noel's Slim Figure and the Voluptuous figure of Litchi
-The music is as awesome as ever
-The new stages are awesome
-Tsubaki feels so different, I need more time with her
-The game balancing is far better this iteration

FlightOfHeaven said:
That's a lie.

To get 100% you need to lose at some points. That's how you get the Bad Endings for characters (which are at times funnier than the Gag Endings thanks to the Professor Kokonoe sections). Perhaps they meant you don't need to lose to get the True Ending.

You don't need to lose every single fight, thank god, and there's fewer branching paths and fewer fights overall. Litchi had like, 2.

Seriously.

Help Me, Professor Kokonoe for Arakune was hilarious. Beautiful Arakune returns!
Yeah she says that you need to lose some fights to get other endings, but I left that out cause she literally says it right after she says the other stuff.

Hcoregamer00 said:
I ordered the game and it finally arrived yesterday, I only had a couple of hours to play it before work today.

-Kokonoe is funny as hell when she gives tips, she yelled at my ass for screwing up Noel's story :lol

Happened to me as well the first time I played through Noel's story mode. I was cracking up.

sonicspear64 said:
Yeah she says that you need to lose some fights to get other endings, but I left that out cause she literally says it right after she says the other stuff.

Which is weird. I have no idea why the writers included that.

There are other mistakes, too. In the Tutorial mode, there's a paragraph that repeats twice while the voice over says completely different things. And there's the odd misspelling here and here (oponent).

It's a lot of text, though, text they thought no one would ever see or hear.

Top Bottom