• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
zlatko said:
Yeah I'm on 360. GT is Outlaw Slevin

I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow as I'm playing through Alan Wake since I rented it from boredom. I'm not a master Hazama, but I think I should still be able to show you where the cracks are in his game for you to exploit.

When you magnetize Hazama it makes it so the only thing he can really do with his jump D is go sailing past you. It's at that point you wanna try to use atomic coliders to catch him as he goes flying by.

Just send a message with your friend request saying you are from Gaf and I'll make sure to add ya. :)

Sounds good. I'll be busy tomorrow too, tuesday might work.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
Honestly litchi is the only character I hate, she's way way worse than Nu was in the right hands. J.B comes out almost instantly hits 180 degrees below her has good range, 6c hits all the way from the ground in front of her all the way past the life bars, 5b comes out quick Jc not as bad as j.b but almost as bad hits far as hell in front of her and can combo off counter hit.

All these lead to half life or plus combos into the corner into her oki game where you have to guess guess wrong and you lost the match
Huh?

Stafless 6C is nice but ridiculously slow and hard to build more than 3k from unless the staff is in a good spot. If you're talking about 6C[m], then that's a horrible move and I'm not sure what about it bothers you. Sure it's got long range, but it doesn't combo or chain nor does it set you up particularly well. It's also extremely slow, easy to bait, and easy to punish. As well, unless all of it hits, it doesn't do good enough damage to warrant the risk. In most cases, 2B[m] and 6B[m] are better options for outright poking (2B[m] can combo well without a CH, 6B[m] can be jump cancelled and wall bounces on CH which leads into 2C itsuu A etc.)

I understand the Litchi hate; in the hands of a pro her momentum is so ridiculously difficult to break considering all she has to do is wake-up daisharin or kokushi and you're on the receiving end of a very dangerous mixup (prepare for 2A/6A), not to mention doing at least 4k off of any staff hit except for jabs. But she's not nearly as bad as CT Rachel/Arakune/Nu simply because she still doesn't have nearly as easy of a time starting the pain train as any of those characters did. Litchi's pressure is good but her blockstrings aren't and tsubame is nowhere near the universal pressure-be-gone that it was in CT, meaning she generally has a tough time escaping pressure if she's put into it.
We're also not pros, so her oki supers are almost irrelevant (particularly online) because not only is it unlikely that a not-so-pro Litchi will be able to set one up in the right place (meaning a combo performed to completion with the staff and the player exactly in the corner) and with the right heat, it's also unlikely that the Litchi player will be applying the pressure as unpredictably as they need to be. Also, as a Litchi player who has put considerable effort into consistently getting 5k under the best of circumstances, not every Litchi is running around completing every combo they land (hell, the Litchis at SBO quals were dropping their combos). That she's so powerful and still so rarely used is an indication of how few players are utilizing her to anything approaching her potential.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It still takes a good player to utilize all of that.

Its easier to deal with a good Litchi than it is to deal with a good CT Rachel imo

Nose Master

"Lets just say, shit got real." Who the fuck wrote the dialogue in this game, flava flav?

Welp, my xbox did not appreciate being played for hours today, with BB. RROD. ...:(

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
I ment 2C

and I've been fighting sbo worthy litchis all damn day... one f up and I lost 5k life xD
2C[m] has garbage range (for Litchi) on the ground and is super easy to punish. Any sort of air movement whatsoever and it's a miss (it has a narrow hitbox).

Edit: 3C[m]?

The Litchis I saw at SBO qualifiers didn't impress me much, and I'm generally easily impressed. A lot of weird dropped combos and stuff. It threw me off.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
2C[m] has garbage range (for Litchi) on the ground and is super easy to punish. Any sort of air movement whatsoever and it's a miss (it has a narrow hitbox).

Edit: 3C[m]?

The Litchis I saw at SBO qualifiers didn't impress me much, and I'm generally easily impressed. A lot of weird dropped combos and stuff. It threw me off.

1 Im using makoto.
2. I've been playing japanese litchis
3. well what ever it is where she shoots that damn staff a mile in the air past the life bars :lol

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
2. I've been playing japanese litchis
God help you.

Also, 2C[m] is the one where she hits diagonally upwards with the staff. It's got pretty shitty range and it's definitely not safe.
EDIT: Now that I fool around with it I guess it's pretty decent at stuffing ground dashes. No excuses for getting hit by it stationary, though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
God help you.

Also, 2C[m] is the one where she hits diagonally upwards with the staff. It's got pretty shitty range and it's definitely not safe.
EDIT: Now that I fool around with it I guess it's pretty decent at stuffing ground dashes. No excuses for getting hit by it stationary, though.

It's safe cause they dont do it unless imma get hit or block it IT IS NOW SAFE CAUsE THEY CAN CANCEL IT INTO SOMETHING ELSE LOL

It basically stops everything I can do with makoto as far as rushing in. if its air to air she can spam c or b

it's a huge pain in the ass good thing mak can do dmg to make up for it once she gets in the only part that I hope they change is that they tone down litchis dmg to near ct levels if they keep her hit boxes and attack speeds they way they are right now x.x

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
It's safe cause they dont do it unless imma get hit or block it IT IS NOW SAFE CAUsE THEY CAN CANCEL IT INTO SOMETHING ELSE LOL

It basically stops everything I can do with makoto as far as rushing in. if its air to air she can spam c or b

it's a huge pain in the ass good thing mak can do dmg to make up for it once she gets in the only part that I hope they change is that they tone down litchis dmg to near ct levels if they keep her hit boxes and attack speeds they way they are right now x.x
It's safe as part of a blockstring only because it goes into 5C. All I'm saying is if it's thrown out randomly (or if you know it's going to be thrown out), it's unsafe. If you go horizontally above Litchi, it has to be a ridiculously well-timed 2C or it's going to go the wrong way or just miss you entirely.

I think they should give 2C and Itsuu A more/repeat move proration. That would make the Itsuu loop so inefficient on damage that the big damage combos would be ones that don't leave the opponent in the corner next to the staff. Her damage on 5B 5C 3C etc. combos are fine (even if they are a bit lengthy to watch) because it's essentially the same as CT. It's difficult to crack 4.5k (even near corner) without at least two Itsuu As and I think Litchi would be at least A tier even if all of her combos did 1k less than they do right now.
They can't really make her damage at CT levels, especially with her DP now not nearly as effective as it used to be. They've also changed how the staff flick works so for her damage to be at CT levels with the combos the way they are, there would have to be some INSANE proration.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Fugu said:
It's safe as part of a blockstring only because it goes into 5C. All I'm saying is if it's thrown out randomly (or if you know it's going to be thrown out), it's unsafe. If you go horizontally above Litchi, it has to be a ridiculously well-timed 2C or it's going to go the wrong way or just miss you entirely.

I think they should give 2C and Itsuu A more/repeat move proration. That would make the Itsuu loop so inefficient on damage that the big damage combos would be ones that don't leave the opponent in the corner next to the staff. Her damage on 5B 5C 3C etc. combos are fine (even if they are a bit lengthy to watch) because it's essentially the same as CT. It's difficult to crack 4.5k (even near corner) without at least two Itsuu As and I think Litchi would be at least A tier even if all of her combos did 1k less than they do right now.
They can't really make her damage at CT levels, especially with her DP now not nearly as effective as it used to be. They've also changed how the staff flick works so for her damage to be at CT levels with the combos the way they are, there would have to be some INSANE proration.

haha I'm just saying that move makes jumping in at her impossible for mak, air to air is almost impossible cause of her two good air hits, and ground is just as hard cause of 5b

Match up is a pain but not unbeatable.

DY_nasty

I've been thrown out of 236C one too many times with Lambda. The shit is no longer funny.

Fugu

QisTopTier said:
haha I'm just saying that move makes jumping in at her impossible for mak, air to air is almost impossible cause of her two good air hits, and ground is just as hard cause of 5b

Match up is a pain but not unbeatable.
Oh okay. I agree then. Between 5B and j.B she's pretty good at stuffing Makoto. We should play again sometime though, although I suspect I'm a fairly massive step down from the Japanese Litchis.

FreedomFrisbee said:
A productive comment so worthy and pristine that it should not be repeated by mere mortals
Wow. Truly inspiring.
But seriously, what does this have to do with BlazBlue? I was playing the role of Litchi Defense Force™.

Giolon

Goddamn Unlimited Hazama is fucking bullshit. Give me SF4 Seth any day.

I've been trying to beat him with (my terrible) Taokaka on Normal for 3 hours T.T

I'm gunning for you Lyte Edge!

5755 rank, I'm about 800 or so behind you. :lol

Reading Dustloop forums and playing a lot my game is improving. Not gonna be a major threat, but when all your problems look like f*ckin' magnets, Tager wonders how do they work.

Giolon said:
Goddamn Unlimited Hazama is fucking bullshit. Give me SF4 Seth any day.

I've been trying to beat him with (my terrible) Taokaka on Normal for 3 hours T.T
If you see he has 50% meter, stop attacking and block. The CPU reads your input, so he'll always throw out his kick super if you do anything remotely unsafe. Wait for him to waste his meter on that ground super instead, block it, then go back and rush him when he has no meter.

Fugu said:
But seriously, what does this have to do with BlazBlue? I was playing the role of Litchi Defense Force™.

I think you answered your own question. You coming in and playing the opposing viewpoint isn't anything new.

hxa155

Just got the game from gamefly, man the new characters are awesome. But Hazama is probably my favorite (and new main), followed by Makoto.

DY_nasty

Finally getting around to story mode... Hazama is truly the greatest douche/troll of all time. It'd be awesome if he get an announcer DLC thing too.

is it just me, or is the mu matchup retarded for hazama?

the fucking gradius options block oroboros

beat my first (and second) mu today though

Dresden

After Lambda's story... Kokonoe is a bit of a bitch. She always was, but in an amusing way--but now, that's gone.

Also have to admit that Hakumen's story made me giggle a bit. His bit with Tsubaki was a little too cheesy for my tastes.

Top Bottom