• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

sca2511

Heretic Kazuma said:
If you see he has 50% meter, stop attacking and block. The CPU reads your input, so he'll always throw out his kick super if you do anything remotely unsafe. Wait for him to waste his meter on that ground super instead, block it, then go back and rush him when he has no meter.
been trying to beat him on hell difficulty, almost damn impossible

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GGs! I need to get to sleep so sorry for cutting off so soon. I really need to stop getting hit by purple throws. :lol

My bad at the end. I completely forgot that I was in party mode with my cuz who was already asleep.

At least I know some of dat science, and how those fuckin' magnets work!

GG
Dresden said:
After Lambda's story... Kokonoe is a bit of a bitch. She always was, but in an amusing way--but now, that's gone.

Also have to admit that Hakumen's story made me giggle a bit. His bit with Tsubaki was a little too cheesy for my tastes.
I actually liked that scene. I think it added a lot of humanity to the character behind the mask. It also makes his counterpart look even more clueless than usual which is something I can always get behind.:lol

Nose Master

Lookin like that "RROD" was a false one due to a power surge from a storm. Phew!

Trying to learn a little Tsubaki, Ragna is getting boring already... :lol

Any streams :X?

I've gotten through Bang's story and Tao's story.
Not only is bang a furry, but a prostitute?
. I love this game's story mode :lol . I was also surprised by the revelations in Bang's story. I bet he'll have a larger role in the next game.
Nose Master said:
Lookin like that "RROD" was a false one due to a power surge from a storm. Phew!

I don't think there is much to speak of at the moment outside of the dustloop forums(which are a HUGE help). I'll also be the first to congratulate you on your false RROD. :)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nose Master said:

Tscrubaki is probably the easiest to learn out of everyone (at least to the intermediate level). I regained my feel for the speed of Blazblue playing with her. Having to charge helps you get a feel for distance and her gatling is a great way of developing rhythm and understanding basic pressure too.

Kinda sucks that her Unlimited version is so weak compared to everyone else.

Fugu

FreedomFrisbee said:
I think you answered your own question. You coming in and playing the opposing viewpoint isn't anything new.
My contributions to this thread have been numerous and meaningful and the post to which you refer was entirely about BlazBlue. What does your post contribute? If you wish to continue personally attacking me, go for it. I won't respond, as your accusations are baseless.

sca2511 said:
been trying to beat him on hell difficulty, almost damn impossible
I was completely stuffed by Hell unlimited Hazama until I learned that he had absolutely no ability to counteract shishin, so what I would do was wait until he got on the opposite side of the screen, then I would bounce the staff over to him and shishin and repeat until I got enough meter for kokushi. Works like a charm every time.

EDIT: It's important to remember that Unlimited Hazama as a whole is not beaten by legitimate, solid playing, but rather by cheap tricks performed ad nauseum. Trying to play a solid game will only get you real frustrated real quick.

Nikashi

Banned
A friend who currently can't post wants to know if anyone got extra noel nendos they're willing to sell... I guess PM me and I'll pass it along.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
After another day of failing Hakumen's challenge #4 I have come to terms that I will never be able to do it :lol

_tetsuo_ said:
After another day of failing Hakumen's challenge #4 I have come to terms that I will never be able to do it :lol

It's not that bad. Are you trying to chain the jumping A and B? You can't, you have to link them.

zlatko

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:

I think I offered tips for this back when you mentioned it earlier if I'm not mistaken.

What part are you not doing? Break it up into 2-3 part sequences. When you can do the first 2-3 sequences 5 times in a row on a whim, then move on to adding the next bit. You just have to build it together bit by bit before you include the last step of the jump 2A into 5C.

If you are a Hakumen main then keep at it because this is def. something you will have to get down at some point to become more effective with him in battles. If you are just trying to get challenges done towards achievements then use turbo. :p

thundr51

Nose Master said:

Tsubaki is good but if you want to win against the big 3 you'll have to work 2-3 times as hard. (weak normals, not much damage without charge, sigh..)

So i was playing VS my friend Tsubaki god her damage output needs help.
Now i know why tsubaki players cry ,all they need to do is tweak her damage and she be much better .

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
DY_nasty said:
I've been thrown out of 236C one too many times with Lambda. The shit is no longer funny.

You and me both, man. You and me both.

I really need to get around to settling on a sub. Getting tired of only ever using Lambda. :lol Probably going to buy Makoto today though, so there's that. Before I got the game I thought that Noel would end up being my main, but she's just so weird to use. Doesn't play anything like I thought she would at all.

Probably going to buy Mu-12 too. I know you can unlock her through story mode, but I'd rather take story mode at my own pace and play as Mu now. Plus, new episodes of Teach Me, Miss Litchi are enough incentive to play through story mode. :D

Was thinking about the Unlimited Characters too, since even with my best character I can't get more than four fights into Score Attack mode. But then again are Unlimited characters even good for anything more than screwing around? I know that's all I did with the Gold characters in Guilty Gear.

Seraphis Cain said:
Probably going to buy Mu-12 too. I know you can unlock her through story mode, but I'd rather take story mode at my own pace and play as Mu now. Plus, new episodes of Teach Me, Miss Litchi are enough incentive to play through story mode. :D

You can unlock Mu-12 in a night or so if you're feeling frugal. You don't have to beat every character's story mode, just have to beat the True End.

DY_nasty

Seraphis Cain said:
You and me both, man. You and me both.

I really need to get around to settling on a sub. Getting tired of only ever using Lambda. :lol Probably going to buy Makoto today though, so there's that. Before I got the game I thought that Noel would end up being my main, but she's just so weird to use. Doesn't play anything like I thought she would at all.

Was thinking about the Unlimited Characters too, since even with my best character I can't get more than four fights into Score Attack mode. But then again are Unlimited characters even good for anything more than screwing around? I know that's all I did with the Gold characters in Guilty Gear.
I really need to spend more time in online play with Hambda, my juggle combos are weak and my online TK Crescent Loop is sketchy at best... Tager is still my bitch though.

Noel used to be my sub in CT, but I feel the same way. All her combos just have this offbeat feel to them. Tscrubaki, ugh. She's my sub now, but I swear her Unlimited version is still weaker than a few normal characters. They've really gotta tweak something with her. Makoto is beast, but sadly not for me.

I did the same with Mu, went ahead and purchased her because I wanted to be able to actually enjoy the story at my own leisure instead of rushing through. Glad I did too.

_tetsuo_ said:

This one gave me some trouble too. I whiffed the j.B after the j.A like 60 times in a row until I realized I had to slightly delay his standing B in order for his air combo to connect. So if that's what's giving you trouble, you might want to give that a shot.

When I saw his 5th trial I just said fuck it and moved on to someone else. :(

DY_nasty

Who's got the easiest challenges? I'd to finish at least one... Makoto's seemed pretty easy because of her move set. I haven't really tried anything difficult other than Hakumen's Challenge #10 God Combo

DY_nasty said:
Who's got the easiest challenges? I'd to finish at least one... Makoto's seemed pretty easy because of her move set. I haven't really tried anything difficult other than Hakumen's Challenge #10 God Combo

Just going from completion percentage, I've got Tager and Hazama at 90%, and Makoto, Ragna, and Jin at 80%. I haven't tried any of their next combos yet, but from what I've played those are the easiest.

mjc

I've been thinking of getting into the fighter genre so I went out and bought some stuff today. I got SSFIV, BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift. I bought Calamity Trigger because the Best Buy I was at still had copies of the LE for $20.

Is BB pretty forgiving for fighting noobs like me?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
mjc said:
I've been thinking of getting into the fighter genre so I went out and bought some stuff today. I got SSFIV, BlazBlue Calamity Trigger, and BlazBlue Continuum Shift. I bought Calamity Trigger because the Best Buy I was at still had copies of the LE for $20.

Beginner mode is :D

ultim8p00

Banned
Oh my god maining Noel is a pain in the ass. Normals are complete shit. Playing vs Hakumen is a nightmare. I can't get close at all.

DY_nasty

Everyone bounces different with Lambda... ugh. Got a match snatched from me in the final seconds because I used 6D off a wall bounce instead of 2D and couldn't finish the air combo off properly.

I just finished getting 100% on story mode for everybody. Lambda's gag ending was not funny at all. :(
Shadow Red said:
Wow, the Noel nendoroid's a tease. One minute they're up and the next minute they're sold out.
I wish they had other nendoroids. I'd probably get the litchi/bang ones.

Fugu

mjc said:

Yes. As long as you don't try to learn too much at once, BlazBlue is one of the friendliest fighters in regards to initial learning curve. Depending on your prior history with the genre you may find that you have a laundry list of terms that you need to familiarize yourself with; you can cover most of them off by reading over a system guide. I would strongly advise against beginner mode because while it may help you win, it won't really help you get any better because the game functions drastically different without it.

DY_nasty

Any of you guys know any tricks or tips regarding tiger kicks on a pad?

I can do it, but not consistently enough to bank on it.

thundr51 said:
Tsubaki is good but if you want to win against the big 3 you'll have to work 2-3 times as hard. (weak normals, not much damage without charge, sigh..)

No. Tsubaki is not good. She is a fundamentally flawed character. I would even say she is the worst character in the game. Rachel's only problem is a lack of damage.

Tsubaki has mostly poor normals with terrible terrible range. When she gets momentum she needs to stop and charge. She must give up momentum for damage, and the damage she gets with charge isn't even that great compared to most of the other characters in the game.

Her D moves aren't even that great. Her gameplay literally revolves around gimmicks and tricks that aren't that great to begin with.

Tsubaki needs far more than a damage buff. She needs better normals with actual range, and a non-stupid charge system.

Also she needs a DP that isn't projectile based and crappy. She also has awful blockstrings, and an overhead with a sound cue.... yep an overhead with a sound cue. Good luck facing an opponent that blocks low and has good hearing.

To clarify:

Tsubaki has awful pokes.

Tsubaki has few good reversal options. (One invincible DP)

If she does manage to pressure the opponent and gain momentum must give up that momentum for charge.

The damage she gets without charge is terrible. The damage she gets with charge is the average combo damage for most of the cast.

Tsubaki has few ways to pressure the opponent due to having a terrible mixup. Overhead with a sound cue makes it even worse.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
DY_nasty said:
Everyone bounces different with Lambda... ugh. Got a match snatched from me in the final seconds because I used 6D off a wall bounce instead of 2D and couldn't finish the air combo off properly.

Tell me about it. Sometimes I try to combo her 236+B into a standing D and half the time it doesn't even work because my opponent bounced weird or something, I dunno.

I do like to do her 236+C and then dash forward, jump, and air throw off the wall bounce. Timing's real strict, and I swear the CPU techs out of it 99% of the time (seriously, what's with the normal difficulty CPU and teching out of every single damn air throw?), but it's so fun to do and is actually more damaging than any combo I have in my arsenal right now. :lol

I think I might try to learn Hazama. Mainly because it seems like almost every one of his combos just revolves around launching an opponent in the air and then spamming his 5C.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lostconfused said:
I think I might try to learn Hazama. Mainly because it seems like almost every one of his combos just revolves around launching an opponent in the air and then spamming his 5C.
:lol :lol :lol

Lostconfused said:
yup, very satisfying when you land it too.

DY_nasty

Seraphis Cain said:
Tell me about it. Sometimes I try to combo her 236+B into a standing D and half the time it doesn't even work because my opponent bounced weird or something, I dunno.

I do like to do her 236+C and then dash forward, jump, and air throw off the wall bounce. Timing's real strict, and I swear the CPU techs out of it 99% of the time (seriously, what's with the normal difficulty CPU and teching out of every single damn air throw?), but it's so fun to do and is actually more damaging than any combo I have in my arsenal right now. :lol
I know that most of the time you have to rapid in between the 236B and standing D.

I have to get a better feel for her though. Sometimes it just feels like you can keep 236C 4C 6C going on forever...

Man, it's a barren wasteland on XBL. :(

Minimum wait of two and a half minutes to find a match.

I quit since it takes so long to find a match and I just beat a higher level Hakumen and Arakune, two matches I'm traditionally shit at. SCIENCE!

eeeeeeeeeee!!!

DY_nasty

The Take Out Bandit said:
Man, it's a barren wasteland on XBL. :(

Minimum wait of two and a half minutes to find a match.

I quit since it takes so long to find a match and I just beat a higher level Hakumen and Arakune, two matches I'm traditionally shit at. SCIENCE!

eeeeeeeeeee!!!
Its a lot easier to just start up your own lobby. Put up beginner tags, no unlimiteds, ability to kick guys who are just there to whoop up on you, etc...

I actually deleted a bunch of friend requests and msgs last week by accident so if you and anyone else want to play just send me an invite and I'll be good to go whenever I'm not too busy.

DY nasTy IV

XBL

Anony

question:
my 360 cannot connect to internet due to no wifi, but i want makoto
is there a way to do this?

can i bring my memory unit with my profile and find another 360 and just sign in and download it?
does this require gold membership?

at the same time, i dont want to sign in to live and have it download stuff onto my tiny MU that is running out of space

Top Bottom