• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I'd love to get the same option to choose between ENG/JPN voice-over per character like in SF4.

Dreavus

bernardobri said:
I'd love to get the same option to choose between ENG/JPN voice-over per character like in SF4.

Has this been confirmed or denied in any way? I'm partial to the english VA overall but I can't stand Jin's in particular, who happens to be my main character. I don't understand why they couldn't include it - in BB:CT online fights you could have a japanese voice acted character going against a english voice acted character just fine.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Dreavus said:
Has this been confirmed or denied in any way? I'm partial to the english VA overall but I can't stand Jin's in particular, who happens to be my main character. I don't understand why they couldn't include it - in BB:CT online fights you could have a japanese voice acted character going against a english voice acted character just fine.

Officially Deny, you can only have 1 track for all characters, so all ENG or JP only.

El Sloth

Banned
Can someone explain to me what the hell happened in Calamity Trigger? I played through the story mode with all the characters and am pretty sure I saw all the Teach Me Ms.Litchi videos before I gave it back to my brother.

Are Noel and Nu one in the same? Who the hell is Hakumen? What is the relationship between Jin, Ragna, and Noel? Why does Nu suddenly become a shy Japanese school girl when she's around Ragna? What is game?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
El Sloth said:
Can someone explain to me what the hell happened in Calamity Trigger? I played through the story mode with all the characters and am pretty sure I saw all the Teach Me Ms.Litchi videos before I gave it back to my brother.

Are Noel and Nu one in the same? Who the hell is Hakumen? What is the relationship between Jin, Ragna, and Noel? Why does Nu suddenly become a shy Japanese school girl when she's around Ragna? What is game?

For my understanding, CT is a continuum loop, the events keep happening over and over. The only one who remembers all the events is Rachel, because she is immortal and every time the loop is repeated she hopes for the other characters to do the RIGHT choice. That is why you see different events happening and stuff not making sense, because some endings are a event happening in a new LOOP, kinda like when Jin first meets Noel. Now Ragna, Noel and Jin were all the orphans that lived together, Jin after loosing Ragna and Noel vs Nu, he changes and Rachel helps him to become one of the Heroes which is Hakumen, so Jin is Hakumen. Hakumen due to some distortion or something manages to stay in the actual time and helps Rachel to keep the other characters in doing the right choice.

So the only ending that matters is the TRUE ending, in that ending all the characters do the right choice and Rachel stops the satellite from destroying everything and repeating the loop. So in CS the story will continue and we don't know wtf now. Regarding Noel and Nu, it seems they come from the same place, but they are more like "CLONES/ROBOTS" created to fulfill a purpose, Noel turns into her true self in CS as seen in her new artwork.

This game's story is fucking ridiculous.
laff.gif

I wish they had spent the time on new characters and not put in any story in CS.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
akachan ningen said:
laff.gif

I wish they had spent the time on new characters and not put in any story in CS.

I think the story was fine, I mean if Heroes and LOST can get away with those kind of twist, why not a fighting game? :lol

I think BB story was a good idea on how to deal with the "Bracket Storytelling" in most Japanese novel like stories. Because
all the endings actually happen and they are ALL cannon
unlike your typical FG where all the endings are non cannon until the next installment comes out to tell you who actually won the tournament.

Coeliacus

akachan ningen said:
laff.gif

It's quite a clever way of dealing with a story that has
multiple paths and endings. Will they have the same loop style plot in CS though I wonder.
At any rate the story is better than any other fighting game there, even Guilty Gear was a massive clusterfuck and they've learned a bit from it. I doubt story development has much impact on progress of characters included in the game (I don't think DLC characters have story modes). Personally I don't mind how many characters we have, but I'd like to see less furries and anime cliches and more freaks.

El Sloth

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
For my understanding, CT is a continuum loop, the events keep happening over and over. The only one who remembers all the events is Rachel, because she is immortal and every time the loop is repeated she hopes for the other characters to do the RIGHT choice. That is why you see different events happening and stuff not making sense, because some endings are a event happening in a new LOOP, kinda like when Jin first meets Noel. Now Ragna, Noel and Jin were all the orphans that lived together, Jin after loosing Ragna and Noel vs Nu, he changes and Rachel helps him to become one of the Heroes which is Hakumen, so Jin is Hakumen. Hakumen due to some distortion or something manages to stay in the actual time and helps Rachel to keep the other characters in doing the right choice.

So the only ending that matters is the TRUE ending, in that ending all the characters do the right choice and Rachel stops the satellite from destroying everything and repeating the loop. So in CS the story will continue and we don't know wtf now. Regarding Noel and Nu, it seems they come from the same place, but they are more like "CLONES/ROBOTS" created to fulfill a purpose, Noel turns into her true self in CS as seen in her new artwork.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Man, fighting games and stories. What is up with them? Ignoring that, are the Nu looking robot chicks going to be as fucking annoying as Nu is already(fighting wise I mean)?

Also what are the chances on Jubei being in? Nothing would please me more than seeing a tiny cat man beating the shit out of Tager and Hakumen.

Edit: I see Squirrel Girl has made it into the game. Much more slutty looking than I remember though.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
El Sloth said:
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Man, fighting games and stories. What is up with them? Ignoring that, are the Nu looking robot chicks going to be as fucking annoying as Nu is already(fighting wise I mean)?

Also what are the chances on Jubei being in? Nothing would please me more than seeing a tiny cat man beating the shit out of Tager and Hakumen.

I think he'll be future DLC. Probably overpriced but I'll pay.

I think this may be the first time the FGC is complaining about a pricing model, and I'm not. Go figure.

El Sloth

Banned
arstal said:
I think he'll be future DLC. Probably overpriced but I'll pay.

I think this may be the first time the FGC is complaining about a pricing model, and I'm not. Go figure.

I just saw that Squirrel Girl is DLC? Fuck that. Wouldn't introducing new characters as DLC wreck the balance of the game?

I want to say I wouldn't put money down for Jubei either if he turns out to be DLC, but I keep imagining beating my cat hating Tager loving friend with a tiny cat man and well...

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
El Sloth said:
I just saw that Squirrel Girl is DLC? Fuck that. Wouldn't introducing new characters as DLC wreck the balance of the game?

They plan to balance the game using Patches, so that means they will try to make the game as balance as possible after the characters introductions.

LowParry

Wait wait. I got story for you. So we have Jubei, who is the father of Kokonoe? Who happens to be Ragna's master? Who's DNA was used to genetically create Taokaka's clan?

Play that keyboard goddammit! Make him playable!

1z30502.jpg

El Sloth

Banned
^Now that you bring it up, how in the hell did Jubei go about getting jiggy with a witch to produce Kokonoe? Actually nevermind, I don't wanna now. Goddamn fighting games.

-DarKaoZ- said:
They plan to balance the game using Patches, so that means they will try to make the game as balance as possible after the characters introductions.

Hmm, that sounds like a reasonable solution, but I still feel like this a step down nickle-and-dime lane that I won't be able to afford.<-Poor College Student

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
El Sloth said:
Hmm, that sounds like a reasonable solution, but I still feel like this a step down nickle-and-dime lane that I won't be able to afford.<-Poor College Student

The game is 40 dllrs, you will be able to save 5 or 10 dllrs in a month or so. Then you can buy the DLC characters, its not a big deal.

Did they announce how much dlc characters would cost? I think I only played with GAF once on CT, not sure if anyone remembers me but I was a Jin player. CT kinda died off for me, but after watching all the vids and trailers for CS I went right ahead to pre order it. Can't wait!

El Sloth

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
The game is 40 dllrs, you will be able to save 5 or 10 dllrs in a month or so. Then you can buy the DLC characters, its not a big deal.

5 or 10 dollars that could buy me a month's worth of Cup Noodles!*

My point is that it's not that I can't afford them, it's just that the money would probably be best used toward other more useful stuff. And it kinda sucks that I probably won't get to play as potentially fun characters because of it.

Basically me = bitter tears.

* I know a guy. 4 for $1!

Nekobo

I got to interview Toshimichi Mori at Fanime last month. He seems to put a great emphasis on the story, so that maybe that's why it's all kinds of complex.

http://asiapacificarts.usc.edu/arti...uke_ishiwatari_and_toshimichi_mori_15326.aspx

APA: From beginning to end, can you tell me about the process behind creating characters for the game?

Mori: For Blazblue, the most important thing is the storyline, so that's the first thing we work on. It is with the story in mind that I start creating the characters that I need to complete the story. After I figure out the characters that I need, I start creating their abilities. I then incorporate these abilities into the gameplay system. Once we reach that point, we split into our two teams: the people that have to work on the scenario and the people who develop the gameplay. All in all, it takes an average of five months for the character's creation.

APA: What is the process behind rebalancing the gameplay and adding new characters to Blazblue: Continuum Shift?

Mori: I added characters that were necessary to advancing the story, just like I did for BlazBlue Calamity Trigger. That's the reason why I will keep adding characters. In terms of gameplay, we consider what would be interesting to add, considering the characters we already have. We balance the game with what we add.

• &#923;-11 – She’s &#957;-13 except less broken. Apparently they needed a plot reason and new character to explain this.

Obvious question is obvious but does that mean v-13 is not in Continuum Shift and A-11 is exactly the same? If so how does this count as a new character?

remz

ChronicleX said:
Obvious question is obvious but does that mean v-13 is not in Continuum Shift and A-11 is exactly the same? If so how does this count as a new character?
Yeah v-13 isn't in the game, but nah A-11 isn't really the same.

Doesn't exactly count as a new character either, I agree

Cant wait to get my hands on the game. I love the story-, arcade-, Versus-mode from CT. But as a european xbox 360 gamer i've to wait until October. Btw. i heard that the japanese CE will be release here at europe? I really hope so because the ce looks sexy.

remz said:
Yeah v-13 isn't in the game, but nah A-11 isn't really the same.

Doesn't exactly count as a new character either, I agree

This leads me to my second question.

Why the fuck did they remove V-13? She was awesome, character balancing exists for a reason!

remz

ChronicleX said:

Why the fuck did they remove V-13? She was awesome, character balancing exists for a reason!
Some story related bollocks, probably.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
ChronicleX said:

Due to the story she had to be eliminated, A-11 was created to substitute V-13, which is basically the same character but with different colors and more "balance".

Coeliacus

-DarKaoZ- said:
Due to the story she had to be eliminated, A-11 was created to substitute V-13, which is basically the same character but with different colors and more "balance".
Basically.
Mechanically the removed or changed a bunch of her moves, and added in some new ones. There are plenty of vids on youtube if you're interested in seeing the difference.

El Sloth: Think of buying DLC characters are paying for new content and balance patches rather than continually buying new iterations like Guilty Gear.

remz

hxa155 said:
whaaa? Is he really difficult to play as? I'm sick of Ragna and Tager, so I was planning on making him my new main. I hope he's not hard for a casual hardcore gamer like me to learn him.
Just replying to this from yesterday- Yeah Hazama's pretty technical. He has awful regular move speed and instead a run he has this little hop thing- so to move around with him you have to use his drive with shoots out a chain you can swing on. In addition to that his moves are all really short ranged so you have to get in people's faces for a decent combo, and alot of his useful specials come out of this stance thing, so you have to end up doing qcb+d then another button to get a move.

he'd be brutal to play as on a pad, I imagine. But maybe I'm just bitter because i can't get his bnb combos down. :(

Zanken said:
Basically.
Mechanically the removed or changed a bunch of her moves, and added in some new ones. There are plenty of vids on youtube if you're interested in seeing the difference.

All I can find is footage of gameplay which from a glance looks identical. Are their any vid's that showcase the differences?

remz

ChronicleX said:
All I can find is footage of gameplay which from a glance looks identical. Are their any vid's that showcase the differences?
IIRC: no more teleport, combos changed around and new dashing special moves.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ChronicleX said:
Her drive has been nerfed hard too. Anyone who played CS can tell you that it was ridiculously easy to catch someone slipping and throw daggers at them until they fold. Now, her drive doesn't reach across the entire screen, its more punishable, and its harder to link combos with.

Plus the fact that you're able to burst twice without any real negative penalty is welcome.

hxa155

remz said:
Just replying to this from yesterday- Yeah Hazama's pretty technical. He has awful regular move speed and instead a run he has this little hop thing- so to move around with him you have to use his drive with shoots out a chain you can swing on. In addition to that his moves are all really short ranged so you have to get in people's faces for a decent combo, and alot of his useful specials come out of this stance thing, so you have to end up doing qcb+d then another button to get a move.

he'd be brutal to play as on a pad, I imagine. But maybe I'm just bitter because i can't get his bnb combos down. :(

Well, that's a shame. I only use a dual shock for fighting games. I guess I'm gonna have to continue with Ragna.

remz

hxa155 said:
Well, that's a shame. I only use a dual shock for fighting games. I guess I'm gonna have to continue with Ragna.
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but I found Ragna a lot easier to get to grips with.

You could try though! if you nail the qcb+d->c thing in combos you could probably go alright

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Now that I remember, can someone ask in the Aksys topic this following question:

Is there a RETRY option after you lose a battle in story mode?

Seriously, if they have that stupid "GAME OVER" screen deal again... I will get piss, that takes way too much time! :mad:

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
remz said:
Mori Seems like a guy who wanted to make a JRPG, but got saddled making a fighter instead. :lol

An RPG with a fighting game battle system...

Yes, I would buy it.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
CcrooK said:
Are we allowed to...give "unofficial impressions" of the game? :lol

Unless you have the Console version yeah, the arcade version doesn't count IMO, we don't know what "changes" to balance the game have they done from the Arcade to Console ver.

LowParry

-DarKaoZ- said:
Unless you have the Console version yeah, the arcade version doesn't count IMO, we don't know what "changes" to balance the game have they done from the Arcade to Console ver.

S'all good. My only concern is with Tsubuki and her charge method. It seems like if you want to dish out a lot of her damage, you need a charged gauge for her to be highly effective. She's a fun character and easy to learn. I just feel though she's going to be on the low end of the stick with characters because of that gauge of hers. Getting it charged it up, you have to be pretty creative. I read up on Dustloop that if you can pull off her Level 5 combo string, it's up to 6000 damage.

Coeliacus

CcrooK said:
S'all good. My only concern is with Tsubuki and her charge method. It seems like if you want to dish out a lot of her damage, you need a charged gauge for her to be highly effective. She's a fun character and easy to learn. I just feel though she's going to be on the low end of the stick with characters because of that gauge of hers. Getting it charged it up, you have to be pretty creative. I read up on Dustloop that if you can pull off her Level 5 combo string, it's up to 6000 damage.

Not that I've faced really good Tsubakis, yet, but I haven't found her scary at all. She's lucky to get 3k combos with charge bar, and I don't feel that her pressure is very threatening. I like the way she plays though, I hope they give her a bit of a damage boost.

LowParry

Zanken said:
Not that I've faced really good Tsubakis, yet, but I haven't found her scary at all. She's lucky to get 3k combos with charge bar, and I don't feel that her pressure is very threatening. I like the way she plays though, I hope they give her a bit of a damage boost.

She's got good pressure once she had a couple levels. She's also has some good AA to use though I'm still learning her. I may stick with her in the long run though I need to go back and learn Tao and her changes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
akachan ningen said:
I was like YES but then I remembered I sold it. :lol ssf4 until CS is out = :(

btw you're not gonna play bang anymore right? now that he's top tier? ;)

Eh I use rufus in ssf4 I don't play bang in CS cause he doesn't play the same style anymore. They raped a bunch of his mix up game in exchange for hitconfirm crap ... YAWN. So I'm just moving onto the character I wanted to be in ct in the first place hazama =D well at least til makoto comes out.

Top Bottom