• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II |OT| The Sequel Blue Me Away

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is going to be DLC besides this one?

Still, I can't wait for this. I passed on version one because I knew something like this would happen. And $40 (?) is a steal. :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
TheSeks said:

Still, I can't wait for this. I passed on version one because I knew something like this would happen. And $40 (?) is a steal. :D

Yeah, on the makoto scan it had two more silhouettes pictured. The pictures of the files seems pretty convincing.

Beth Cyra

_dementia said:
pretty much

noone in his right mind would spend $200 for a TE

it isn't February 2009 anymore.

Actually I probably would, if I could talk my wife into it. Just so happens she is alot smarter then me though.

TheSeks said:

There are pictures of file lists on dustloop. There are placeholder files for 3 characters: MK, PT, and VH. One is Makoto, MK. We could guess that PT is Platinum and VH is Valkenhyn.

simtmb

Ordered. But releases at a bad time for me. Same thing happened with Calamity Trigger. Thought I'd have a chance to properly play it and put in some decent amount of time into it, however that didn't happen.

Looks to be the case for this one as well. :(

Drac

Did my part, bought 2 Limited Boxes (hint: one is not for me).

Maybe I'll do some picture for those who are curious ? (or just to brag :D)

Drac

IMG_0151.jpg

(safe, my carpet seems clean... and taking this photo made me realize that the flash of my camera doesn't work anymore :/)

Drac

arstal said:
is that an artbook on the right side?

yes, for each art their is a rough sketch and the final version, kind of cool, but no art of Litchy :( I'm sad. The thing on top is its cover and the book on the left is the recording script.

Oh and in case you want to ask, yes you have the time to make and eat a sandwich during the install (PS3 version, I'd say roughly 7-8 minutes).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Drac said:
yes, for each art their is a rough sketch and the final version, kind of cool, but no art of Litchy :( I'm sad. The thing on top is its cover and the book on the left is the recording script.

Oh and in case you want to ask, yes you have the time to make and eat a sandwich during the install (PS3 version, I'd say roughly 7-8 minutes).

Can you confirm after it finish installing how much it takes? Because I have 1 GB left in my 120 GB HDD. :lol

Steaks

Oh yeah if anyone has any questions that are pretty general or specific to the system I can answer them seeing as I played the arcade version since it came out. I also play Tager so feel free to ask questions specific to him. In case yall are new to the game or whatever.

Edit: Also I'm hype for training mode so I can learn a new character. Yep.

Shinriji

To the people with the PS3 version: Custom soundtrack, screenshots or youtube support? How about the loading times?

xero273

DLC info and release dates: http://blazblue.jp/info.html#018

1/7/10: Gamer icon packs 1-7
1/7/10: Unlimited character unlocks
1/7/10: Mu unlock
1/7/10: Arranged system voices (Tetsuya Kakihara)
8/7/10: Arranged system voices (Saitou Chiwa
8/7/10: Additional character colours pack 1
15/7/10: Arranged system voices (Sawashiro Miyuki)
15/7/10: Additional character colours pack 2
22/7/10: Additional character colours pack 3
5/8/10: Version 1.01
5/8/10: Makoto Nanaya DLC

dlc info for those interested.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...(JP)-7-27-(US)&p=664115&viewfull=1#post664115

kiryogi said:
Figures Makoto is the last one.
The purpose of DLC is to extend the life of a game.
August is the first DLC character, and the other two will come later.

akachan ningen said:
that's weird. the first BB had custom music, except during online play.
You're completely incorrect. The PS3 version of BBCT had no custom soundtrack option at all. BBCT only had custom soundtracks on 360 (as it's an OS-level feature).

You might be thinking of vanilla SF4, which as you describe has offline-only custom soundtracks on PS3.

_dementia said:
The purpose of DLC is to extend the life of a game.
August is the first DLC character, and the other two will come later.

You're completely incorrect. The PS3 version of BBCT had no custom soundtrack option at all. BBCT only had custom soundtracks on 360 (as it's an OS-level feature).

You might be thinking of vanilla SF4, which as you describe has offline-only custom soundtracks on PS3.

whoa, calm down. :lol

Drac

Some words from a wise guy, cut the sound when you're doing challenge mode, because you'll fail a lot (I'm sure anyone who has done some training mode to train his combos knows that already, because that's basically what you are doing here except they give you the combo).

Didn't think of looking if we can play music and take pictures/movies. Will do next time I boot it up.

Also for people interested in importing it, it seems we can't change the menu language to English this time, only the voices. Kind of strange or maybe I'm blind :/.

xero273

Drac said:
Also for people interested in importing it, it seems we can't change the menu language to English this time, only the voices. Kind of strange or maybe I'm blind :/.

You can't. Aksys faq said the jpn version is japanese only, but voices are english so that jpn ppl can play with ppl playing NA version

Drac said:
Some words from a wise guy, cut the sound when you're doing challenge mode, because you'll fail a lot (I'm sure anyone who has done some training mode to train his combos knows that already, because that's basically what you are doing here except they give you the combo).

Didn't think of looking if we can play music and take pictures/movies. Will do next time I boot it up.

Boo that sucks for some this time around...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I hate that there's a delay from Japan to the US, but 4 weeks isn't that bad, compared to what SNK did in the past, or Namco.

I'm just glad there IS an install this time. The caching system CT used was weird (but nice, I just didn't like that suddenly fighting/using a new character to the cache made it take longer to load again), which made me wonder why they couldn't have just had an install there too.

Fugu

I think it's a really handy feature. I have no particular desire to have the game run off the disc.

Top Bottom