• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Another day, another Rainbow. This event is fantastic! :D
gsMlnAk.jpg

I also got a dupe of the Hisagi I pulled yesterday. His soul trait is only a +Attack one, so I'm guessing I should just feel him to make the special stronger. Is this wise? Are the effects a big deal?

MiTYH

I got him from my free pull today! Combined with the 5* from the 50-pull, I'm gonna horde some stones until wave 2 hits. This event has been a blast

EDIT: Alright, took stock of my 5-star units. I've been out of the game for a while, don't know the meta but I've been looking over some tier rankings. Can anyone assist with whole I should be focusing on?

MIND:
- Aizen (Soul Reaper/Captain)
- Uryu
- Ichigo (Soul Reaper/Hollow)- Full Hollow
- Ichigo (Soul Reaper)

HEART:
- Renji (Soul Reaper)
- Kisuke (Soul Reaper/Captain)
- Hiyori (Soul Reaper/Hollow)
- Isshin (Soul Reaper)
- Mayuri (Soul Reaper/Captain)

POWER:
- Sajin (Soul Reaper/Captain)
- Genryusai (Soul Reaper/Captain)
- Chad
- Nnoitora (Arrabcar/Espada)
- Byakuya (Soul Reaper/Captain)

SPEED:
- Toshiro (Soul Reaper/Captain)

TECHNIQUE:
(....no one...)

chrono01

I also got a dupe of the Hisagi I pulled yesterday. His soul trait is only a +Attack one, so I'm guessing I should just feel him to make the special stronger. Is this wise? Are the effects a big deal?
Congrats, Nnoitora is still a beast.

For the dupe Hisagi, you might as well feed him. As you said, the soul trait for him (+ Attack) isn't good at all, and leveling the special level of characters actually does help a bit. The only 5* characters that I don't fuse away are those with great soul links.

I got him from my free pull today! Combined with the 5* from the 50-pull, I'm gonna horde some stones until wave 2 hits. This event has been a blast

EDIT: Alright, took stock of my 5-star units. I've been out of the game for a while, don't know the meta but I've been looking over some tier rankings. Can anyone assist with whole I should be focusing on?

MIND:
- Uryu
- Ichigo (Soul Reaper)

HEART:
- Renji (Soul Reaper)
- Isshin (Soul Reaper)

POWER:
- Chad

SPEED:

TECHNIQUE:
(....no one...)
Mind:

Aizen (If you have a full dodge set of soul links)
FH Ichigo - Not the best in PVP, but amazing in PVE/Co-Op. He has a monstrous attack, and some great abilities.

Heart:

Kisuke - Again, not amazing in PVP, and especially great in PVE/Co-Op either, but is extremely useful for farming, due to his soul link. Max it out!
Isshin - I've heard he's pretty nice in PVP, as solid in PVE/Co-Op play as well. I don't own him personally, though.

Power:

Nnoitora - He's kind of been dethroned, due to Hallibel (who will later be beaten by Soi Fon early next month), but he's still a great Power unit. I'm currently using him in my PVP team, just be sure to stack him with as much +NAD links as you can.

I'd focus on these, personally.

Well I got another Shinji.

Can never have too many dodge traits I guess.
Same here.

Oh well, I can't complain about a 5*. I'll just use him as an additional dodge link, those are always helpful.

chrono01

Today's Free + 50 Orb Multi: 4 4*, 7 3*, All dupes.

Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same here.

I can't really complain, it's still only a 6% chance to get anything, and so far I've pulled three 5* (although my second Shinji was essentially a dupe). I'm going to keep going with my current method of pulling, so I can spread out/save Spirit Orbs for the rest of the event, as well as for the gatcha for the beginning of next month. I need Soi Fon...

I did pull an Academy Rukia with one of my tickets, she was new at least. Speaking of, when are they going to add a standard 5* version of Rukia!? Sure, we've had seasonal ones (like the Valentine's version, who thankfully, I own), but she deserves a standard release!

Edit: Also, this is why I'd never do the full step-up gatcha. I know, he was probably unlucky, but even still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZGc34rbCoM

The way I figure, if I get something good with the 50-orb summon, great! If not, eh...it's only 50 orbs, not a problem (especially considering how many they're giving out for the anniversary). If I go deeper than that, despair is very real.

MiTYH

MIND:
- Uryu
- Ichigo (Soul Reaper)

HEART:
- Renji (Soul Reaper)
- Isshin (Soul Reaper)

POWER:
- Chad

SPEED:

TECHNIQUE:
(....no one...)

Well, adding to my team since I pulled a 50 (got my Aizen to 100, so why not?). Got a dupe 5* Power Genryusai, and a 5* Heart Nozomi! Really need to settle on a team.

Been leveling FH Ichago on the advice and it's been good to me

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This event is nuts...been more or less playing the game since launch and never have expanded my unit box...now i kinda feel like i need to.

Based Klab.

chrono01

This event is nuts...been more or less playing the game since launch and never have expanded my unit box...now i kinda feel like i need to.

Based Klab.
Seriously, this is one of the best events I've seen yet (or, at least, I've experienced) in a gatcha game. So many free orbs, great ways to spend them, and an amazing event to run (they're dropping accessory upgrades like crazy, as well as character fodder).

I can't stop playing.

SO MANY ORBS!

Did another 50 pull, got 5* Power Ichigo. New for me, ha-cha-cha!
Congrats!

I did my daily free single-pull and 50-orb multi-pull, nothing new. Feeling a little depressed, I used the 4/5* Ticket we received today from logging in...

...and I got Grimmjow.

Thank you, Klab.

Edit: I was going to do one 50-orb multi-pull per day, during the first round of the anniversary, but I might stop and wait for the second round (when more characters are added). The reason being that I already own a majority of the "wanted" characters from the current pool, so my chance of a dupe is pretty high.

Aizen (Mind)
Unohana (Tech)
Byakuya (Heart)
Kenpachi (Power)
Bankai Ichigo (Power)
Yamamoto (Power)
Mayuri (Tech)
Shinji (Heart)
Hachigen (Mind)
Grimmjow (Speed)
HM Orihime (Mind)

Uryu (Tech)
Nnoitora (Power)
Hiyori (Power)
SE Ulquiorra (Heart)
FH Ichigo (Mind)

Shuhei (Tech)
Nozomi (Heart)
Ouko (Mind)
Stark (Tech)

*the ones in bold I have*

I really want Stark though, Ouko wouldn't be too bad either. However, aiming for two specific units out of this entire batch sounds like a bad idea. If I stop now, I could manage to increase to Step 2 for a couple time during the next gatcha, with the orbs I'd save (without needing to spend more than I planned). If the rumors are true and they're seasonal ones, I'd love to add them to my collection.

MiTYH

New day, new pull! Got a 3-star from the free one, did yet another 50 one because I can't control myself.

5* Ouko (new)
the rest were 4 and 3s. More 4s than I've ever seen though 5 of them in total

New day, new pull! Got a 3-star from the free one, did yet another 50 one because I can't control myself.

5* Ouko (new)
the rest were 4 and 3s. More 4s than I've ever seen though 5 of them in total
Congrats!

I did my free + 50 and got:
4* Charlotte Chuhlhourne + four 4* dupes + six 3* dupes.

cw_sasuke

I did my daily free single-pull and 50-orb multi-pull, nothing new. Feeling a little depressed, I used the 4/5* Ticket we received today from logging in...

...and I got Grimmjow.

Thank you, Klab.
Wow - congrats - just before he is about to get his beastly 6* version as well. Hah...good time ahead.

Hope i can get him or Stark as well.
Man there are so many Stark's in PVP now its crazy.
To be fair this was the case from day 1 when he was available. Every second battle option was someone with Stark during the weekend lol.

5* Nnoitora, four 4*s, six 3*s. All dupes.

I find it funny that I've gotten four 5*s thus far and the pulls repeated themselves; the 3rd was the same as the 1st (Hisagi) and the 4th was the same as the 2nd (Nnoitora). At least I'll have another +20 SAD link with this Nnoi dupe.

chrono01

Wow - congrats - just before he is about to get his beastly 6* version as well. Hah...good time ahead.

Hope i can get him or Stark as well.
Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it. I've been wanting him since launch, having Aizen as my initial pull. Nice to finally have that accomplishment.

How are your pulls, going?

5* Nnoitora, four 4*s, six 3*s. All dupes.

I find it funny that I've gotten four 5*s thus far and the pulls repeated themselves; the 3rd was the same as the 1st (Hisagi) and the 4th was the same as the 2nd (Nnoitora). At least I'll have another +20 SAD link with this Nnoi dupe.
Thankfully, I've been relatively lucky with my dupes, aside from the 3/4* of course. Through the event and a few tickets:

Shinji
Nozomi
Shinji
Kenpachi (Power)
Grimmjow
Bankai Ichigo (just received today, via my 50-orb summon)

Still hunting for that Stark, but it's all good. I can't wait to see what the second batch of characters look like.

But hey, at least Nnoitora is a +SAD link, those are very useful!

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it. I've been wanting him since launch, having Aizen as my initial pull. Nice to finally have that accomplishment.

How are your pulls, going?

Thankfully, I've been relatively lucky with my dupes, aside from the 3/4* of course. Through the event and a few tickets:

Shinji
Nozomi
Shinji
Kenpachi (Power)
Grimmjow
Bankai Ichigo (just received today, via my 50-orb summon)

Still hunting for that Stark, but it's all good. I can't wait to see what the second batch of characters look like.

But hey, at least Nnoitora is a +SAD link, those are very useful!

Nice pulls, also i'm really hoping that the 2nd pool of characters are the seasonal characters, been wanting Yachiru and Kaien for a loooong time.

chrono01

Nice pulls, also i'm really hoping that the 2nd pool of characters are the seasonal characters, been wanting Yachiru and Kaien for a loooong time.
Thanks. It's a miracle I didn't receive more dupes than I did, considering how many of the characters in this pool I already have (VH Ichigo, SE Ulquiorra, HM Orihime, Byakuya, Aizen, Nnoitora, etc.). I've gotten really lucky getting new ones (among a Shinji dupe), even if they're not exactly top-tier (as in the case of Shinji and Bankai Ichigo). I'm most happy with Grimmjow (naturally), as well as Kenpachi. What's that? He was so horrible before, so why Kenpachi? Well, it's because his 6* awakening is insanely powerful for PVP. Like, ridiculously so. I can't wait.

As for the next batch, seasonal characters would be great. I personally think it'll be the Soi Fon/Gin/Shinji batch though, with Japan receiving whatever the new gatcha is for next month. It seems strange that Part 2 starts just as we're supposed to receive the new 2x gatcha for us, and I can't see them having four separate banners running at the same time (Soi Fon/Gin/Shinji, both step-up gatcha, and the premium summons one). I can see them merging the step-up one with the 2x gatcha, which is great for me, especially considering that particular pool is filled with boss-killer characters (who I'm in desperate need of). Not to mention Soi Fon and Gin.

Soon, all shall be made clear...

Woot! I finally have a good Purple 5*.

My other 10 pulls today were four 4*s and six 3*s, all dupes.

Edit: Yoooooooooo!

According to reddit, the next banner will indeed be the Showdown in Karakura banner and it will, indeed, be a step-up one. I'm so tempted to drop 900 orbs on the full, multi-pull. 15% drop rate is mighty tempting.

Gin / Soifon / Shinji
Aizen / Academy Momo / Szayelaporro
Kurotsuchi (Green) / Tousen / Hiyori

According to reddit, the next banner will indeed be the Showdown in Karakura banner and it will, indeed, be a step-up one. I'm so tempted to drop 900 orbs on the full, multi-pull. 15% drop rate is mighty tempting.

Gin / Soifon / Shinji

My god thats amazing.

chrono01

Gin / Soifon / Shinji
Congrats on the Nozomi!

Also, I know I mentioned us maybe receiving the new gatcha in the step-up summons, but part of me didn't believe it. Now it's actually happening...

I'm very much excited.

I'll probably, for the first time this event, pull beyond the first multi-summon. If I get desperate in the last few days, I might even go all of the way. So many great units here, and the only ones I have are Aizen and Mayuri (who I just got today from my 50-orb multi).

Klab is being super-generous here, it makes me worry that they feel the end of the game is drawing near and they're attempting to reward long-time players for their support. I know the manga is ending, and the game will supposedly cover up to the end of the anime, so there's not a lot of "new" content left. :(

I'll enjoy it until the end!

MiTYH

Klab is being super-generous here, it makes me worry that they feel the end of the game is drawing near and they're attempting to reward long-time players for their support. I know the manga is ending, and the game will supposedly cover up to the end of the anime, so there's not a lot of "new" content left. :(

I'll enjoy it until the end!

I really hope the game isn't ending soon, ala Chain Chronicle's english version (different reasons but still). Once CC said it was ending, I lost all motivation to continue playing

chrono01

I really hope the game isn't ending soon, ala Chain Chronicle's english version (different reasons but still). Once CC said it was ending, I lost all motivation to continue playing
I hope not too, I don't want another Chain Chronicle situation here. :(

:eek:! Japan is getting a Step Up with their new gacha, too.
Seems only fair. Pretty surprising though, considering how powerful the new gatcha for Japan is. I envy them, despite me wanting Soi Fon/Gin/Shinji.

I wonder if this "Step-Up" gatcha will be a common occurrence, maybe every six months or so? Obviously it won't be every month, but maybe for special occasions (half year/full year anniversaries) they can bring it back. It's pretty amazing.

Four 4*s, Seven 3*s, all dupes.

If nothing else, this event has been great for fodder material to use on those few 5*s I have gotten (3 new + 2 dupes thus far).

Well I at least got a few characters I wanted from this pool i.e. Aizen, Grimmjow, and technique Uryu.

Plus the bonus of being able to do a summon after the pool ends and then again when the time resets, so maybe i'll get lucky with that.

chrono01

I did my last multi-pull on this banner:

- Grimmjow - Dupe now, which is sad considering how many want him. :(
- Genryusai (Power) - New, so easily worth the 50-orbs since I'll get them back when I fully level/ascend him.

I can't wait for the second part, so many nice characters in that one (assuming we get the same pool Japan receives with theirs, aside from the new three of course).

chrono01

5/5 Step Multi-Summon...

Only Izuru and 110 Tessai to show for it.

I'm sticking with 50-Orb summons from now on. If you're lucky, you're lucky. I'm not going to do all of these steps again, as the heartbreak is overwhelming. :/

New Gacha, same as the old Gacha: Four 4*s, Seven 3*s.

At least I got 2 new 4*s this time (Green Illforte and Red Love).

I also used five 4/5* tickets (all 4* dupes) and two Brave Souls tickets (one 4* dupe and one 3*).

5/5 Step Multi-Summon...

Only Izuru and 110 Tessai to show for it.

I'm sticking with 50-Orb summons from now on. If you're lucky, you're lucky. I'm not going to do all of these steps again, as the heartbreak is overwhelming. :/

Oh man, I'm so sorry. :(

Well I got Tessai and some new 4 stars including ggio.

Which is nice since I've been wanting tessai.

Also wow 900 orbs and only 2 5 stars is pretty bad, hope you have better luck in the upcoming days.

chrono01

Oh man, I'm so sorry. :(
Yeah, it was pretty damn depressing, haha.

Anyway, today I did my free single pull, I got Academy Momo.

I then did my 50-orb multi-pull, and I got the new Soi Fon.

...I am okay with this. Soi Fon was actually the one character, other than Gin who I hope to get, from this gatcha. I am very pleased.

Second day with the new banner...

:)

Additionally: 4* Green Urahara (Woot +13 Crystal Drops) + one 4* dupe (Blue Shawlong w/+16 NAD, though) + eight 3*s.
Congrats!

Yeah, it was pretty damn depressing, haha.

Anyway, today I did my free single pull, I got Academy Momo.

I then did my 50-orb multi-pull, and I got the new Soi Fon.

...I am okay with this. Soi Fon was actually the one character, other than Gin who I hope to get, from this gatcha. I am very pleased.

Nice, think i actually want Soi Fon more than Gin cause her strong attacks are amazing.

chrono01

Nice, think i actually want Soi Fon more than Gin cause her strong attacks are amazing.
I just wanted a nice boss killer. The only ones I have are Genryusai (Power) and 110 Tessai, along with Mayuri. As you might expect, I'd rather different ones, which makes pulling Soi Fon (full room burn) all the more sweeter. Plus, I really like Soi Fon as a character, and I needed a new Power unit for PVP (Nnoitora has served me well, but he needs to go). I can't wait to level her up and see how she is.

I'm still hoping to get Gin (or a strong Tech character, as I'm in desperate need for one), but I'll stick with one multi-summon per day and see how things go.

cw_sasuke

Lol...i also pulled Acadamy Momo ...is she any good ? Kinda doubt since i never had match against her PvP lol.

Congrats on Soi Fon chrono - really nice. Do you get the new units as a 6* or you still have to awaken them first ?

chrono01

Lol...i also pulled Acadamy Momo ...is she any good ? Kinda doubt since i never had match against her PvP lol.

Congrats on Soi Fon chrono - really nice. Do you get the new units as a 6* or you still have to awaken them first ?
Thanks, and congrats! Momo for everyone (too bad she only has eyes for Aizen-sama)!

As for her being good, I haven't personally used her yet, but I've heard some very good things. She's a ranged unit, which is already great for PVP, and she supposedly has some pretty strong skills.

As for the Soi Fon, she comes as a 5* version so I need to level up/evolve her. I'm okay with that, the best things in life are the ones you work for.

cw_sasuke

Thanks, and congrats! Momo for everyone (too bad she only has eyes for Aizen-sama)!

As for her being good, I haven't personally used her yet, but I've heard some very good things. She's a ranged unit, which is already great for PVP, and she supposedly has some pretty strong skills.

As for the Soi Fon, she comes as a 5* version so I need to level up/evolve her. I'm okay with that, the best things in life are the ones you work for.

Okay cool - thats good to hear i will try Momo out once i leveled her a bit.

I thought the new units might drop as 6* because even at 6* there is a lot of work involved to max that unit and the skilltree - i evolved my OG Byak into 6* and was kinda shocked to see that i could unlock like nothing on the skill tree. Nw crystals needed...some 5* fodder to unlock his skills and so on. This will take some time.

chrono01

Okay cool - thats good to hear i will try Momo out once i leveled her a bit.

I thought the new units might drop as 6* because even at 6* there is a lot of work involved to max that unit and the skilltree - i evolved my OG Byak into 6* and was kinda shocked to see that i could unlock like nothing on the skill tree. Nw crystals needed...some 5* fodder to unlock his skills and so on. This will take some time.
Yeah, it's a process for sure, but it's nice to have a little more work involved in unlocking all of the stats/abilities and such. To be honest, unlocking the skill tree for a 5* was insanely easy. All you really needed was gold, since crystals were (generally) easy to come by, and with the gold daily revamped as it is, gold isn't an issue anymore either. I could easily max out a skill tree from 0% to 100% in a single sitting, so I'm kind of looking forward to putting in a little more work for the 6* variant. But then, I'm strange like that. >_<

Speaking of, raids are now available! I completed Izuru's already and did the first stage of Kaname. The latter has some nice mechanics to it (you'll see when you get there), but thankfully, with SE Ulquiorra, it was easily beaten. I haven't tried co-op yet, I'm waiting until I have my Soi Fon fully leveled so I can contribute more.

Anyone know if the special level resets when you evolve a 5*.

Also Chrono can you tell if Soi Fon outdoes Parasol Grimm yet or is it too soon to tell?

chrono01

Anyone know if the special level resets when you evolve a 5*.

Also Chrono can you tell if Soi Fon outdoes Parasol Grimm yet or is it too soon to tell?
The special level does not reset once you evolve from 5* to 6*, so no worries there! If you have copies of the same character it's best if you wait until you evolve them to 6* first though, since they require quite a bit of XP to ascend/break their level cap and copies help them accomplish this more easily.

As for Soi Fon, she's (currently) the best Power character in the game, at least for PVE/Co-Op. For PVP, Power Kenpachi is an absolute monster. That goes for Kendo Kenpachi too. Going back to Soi Fon, she has a lot of really quick activation skills, incredible stats, and a full-screen burn special. Parasol Grimmjow is not bad at all, it's just that she performs a bit better.

For today's daily pulls, I got a 4* Aizen (dupe) from the free single pulls, and a 5* Hallibel and 5* Isshin from the 50-Orb multi. I...really can't complain about that, both are new and I wanted Hallibel for "reasons". She gets a 6* evolution in a while too, it'll be interesting to see how she performs when compared to Soi Fon.

MiTYH

Bah, nothing from yesterday or today's 50-pulls. Even went for the next step up, got nothing. Won't do that again

The special level does not reset once you evolve from 5* to 6*, so no worries there! If you have copies of the same character it's best if you wait until you evolve them to 6* first though, since they require quite a bit of XP to ascend/break their level cap and copies help them accomplish this more easily.

As for Soi Fon, she's (currently) the best Power character in the game, at least for PVE/Co-Op. For PVP, Power Kenpachi is an absolute monster. That goes for Kendo Kenpachi too. Going back to Soi Fon, she has a lot of really quick activation skills, incredible stats, and a full-screen burn special. Parasol Grimmjow is not bad at all, it's just that she performs a bit better.

For today's daily pulls, I got a 4* Aizen (dupe) from the free single pulls, and a 5* Hallibel and 5* Isshin from the 50-Orb multi. I...really can't complain about that, both are new and I wanted Hallibel for "reasons". She gets a 6* evolution in a while too, it'll be interesting to see how she performs when compared to Soi Fon.

That's good to hear, so when Nelliel gets her 6* i can get her special up to 3 so that's nice.

Well i'll just hope that Grimm's 30% stat boost skill can make him hold his own against her in PVP, also really hoping I don't come across any 6* red Kenpachi's cause i've seen how much of a monster he is in videos.

And gratz on the pulls.

chrono01

Bah, nothing from yesterday or today's 50-pulls. Even went for the next step up, got nothing. Won't do that again
Sorry. :(

Yeah, after doing the full 5/5 multi-step and only receiving two 5* out of it, I instantly decided that the one-a-day 50-orb multi-pull is the better option and just leaving it at that. The game is handing out 10 free Spirit Orbs per day (and 100, on certain occasions), so that's really only 40 orbs you spend on the 50-orb multi-pull. If you fully ascend one of the many 4* characters in the game, which is easy to do now with the characters earned from the daily multi-pull as well as the anniversary event, that gives you another 35 orbs. If you do all of the daily quests, you get another 5 orbs. That's basically getting one free 50-orb multi-pull per day, so you essentially break even on the pull (if you do all of this).

Unfortunate about your luck, though. I hope things turn around for you soon.

That's good to hear, so when Nelliel gets her 6* i can get her special up to 3 so that's nice.

Well i'll just hope that Grimm's 30% stat boost skill can make him hold his own against her in PVP, also really hoping I don't come across any 6* red Kenpachi's cause i've seen how much of a monster he is in videos.

And gratz on the pulls.
Yeah, if you have Nelliel dupes, save them. You'll increase her special (when she's evolved to 6*), as well as ascending her in the process. Early on, I fused my dupe Kendopachi into each other (leveled my special to 3), and then I learned about the whole 6*/ascending thing. I guess I'll have to work even harder on him, gathering fodder to ascend him. >_<

Parasol Grimmjow is serviceable in PVP, from what I've seen. I don't have him personally, but he seems like a fairly reliable unit. I know it's only a matter of time, but I wonder when event character will receive 6* evolutions of their own. I can't see Klab keeping them at 5*, not with this many 6*'s being added to the game. Should be interesting!

And thanks, I'm pretty happy about my pulls. I think I've used up my luck for the rest of the event, so I'll just go into the remaining pulls with the idea of getting 3/4* character fodder to ascend my characters. If I get another 5* I'd, of course, be happy, but I don't really expect it. My luck has to run out sometime.

Edit:

Look at this poor bastard, doing the full 5/5 multi-step. Suddenly, mine doesn't seem so bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6N_dT5O-I8

Top Bottom