• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

So, I can't complain too much. I realize I got lucky in a few areas, though.
You did very well with your pulls.
Outside of our mutual 5-Step bad luck.

Not a bad roster! I didn't know you had Kendo Kenpachi, he's going to turn into an absolute monster once his 6* hits. Great for PVP.
Kendo Kenpachi was my first ever 5* Green unit. I was so happy to get him, then I realized how he wasn't very good in PVP and replaced him quickly with Tessai. I'm looking forward to his 6* with glee.

Can any of my other units 6* evo yet? I only know that Bankai Ichigo can (is he any good now anyways).

I think that I'm going to go with Orange Aizen for the free 5* over Purple Byakuya (Yeah... I haven't picked that yet). Both seem like great units, while Aizen would provide a strength boost over WD Grimm / NY Kaien as an Orange units vs Byakuya in comparison with TBTP Urahara and Nozomi for Purple.

chrono01

You did very well with your pulls.
Outside of our mutual 5-Step bad luck.

Kendo Kenpachi was my first ever 5* Green unit. I was so happy to get him, then I realized how he wasn't very good in PVP and replaced him quickly with Tessai. I'm looking forward to his 6* with glee.

Can any of my other units 6* evo yet? I only know that Bankai Ichigo can (is he any good now anyways).

I think that I'm going to go with Orange Aizen for the free 5* over Purple Byakuya (Yeah... I haven't picked that yet). Both seem like great units, while Aizen would provide a strength boost over WD Grimm / NY Kaien as an Orange units vs Byakuya in comparison with TBTP Urahara and Nozomi for Purple.
You lucked out on the Kendo Kenpachi, that's for sure. He's going to be great.

As for 6*, of your roster:

Bankai Ichigo
HM Uryu
HM Mayuri

can become 6*. I wouldn't recommend either, as none of them are that amazing. If you still haven't chosen your free 5*, you could go with Heart Byakuya, as he can be evolved to 6* now, but I understand if you want to go with Aizen. He'll probably get his 6* evolution pretty soon (I'm guessing the next announcement, personally).

chrono01

Swimsuit Gatcha is here, and they're split into two, each with the character I want (Yoruichi and Rangiku). :/

Honestly, I think I`m going to pass. 250-orbs for a multi, and the 5* rate is a 3%. I`d never actually use the characters if I got them (since their movesets aren`t the best) and would likely just sit as trophies. I was kind of hoping we`d get new swimsuit characters when the gatcha returned, and not just 6* versions of the ones previously released. The stats are fine, but the specials and moveset leave a lot to be desired.

Oh well, I`ll try to resist the temptation and keep saving.

Edit:

A guy I follow on YouTube did a full 5/5 Step-Up before the gatcha hit, and the results are...well...interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spUjo3iV7XA

That is the worst luck I have ever seen, makes me feel lucky to get what I got.

Also I did a few pulls on the swimsuit banner and got the new 4* Rukia so thats nice, also does anyone know what the best spot for char drops is atm? Since I have shitload of 4 and 5*'s to max now.

chrono01

Ouch. That's painful to watch.
Yeah, it's even worse that he purchased the orbs for the fourth and fifth multi-pulls. All of that despair. :(

That is the worst luck I have ever seen, makes me feel lucky to get what I got.

Also I did a few pulls on the swimsuit banner and got the new 4* Rukia so thats nice, also does anyone know what the best spot for char drops is atm? Since I have shitload of 4 and 5*'s to max now.
The best place for character fodder drops was the anniversary event. I'm not sure if you farmed it or not, but I ran the hell out of it (both single-player and co-op when my tickets ran out). I fully ascended a lot of my 5* and three of my 6* (Soi Fon, Kenpachi, and Shinji). It was amazing, and so many accessory drops too (and hearts to level them!). Sadly, it's gone now. :(

The Omaeda event is okay, from I've seen so far. Yoruichi drops pretty decently, but aside from that, it's going to be slim-pickings. Hopefully we get another lottery event soon with nice drop-rates. Supposedly, we're getting a summer-themed event (with that 5* summer Toshiro as the top reward) soon, as the code has already been data-mined in the game. So maybe that will be better? It should start sometime this month, while the summer gatcha is running. Maybe after the current event ends.

I'd actually like that 4* Rukia though, haha.
Oh! You already know this if you've logged in, but 15 million download event is now going on! Plenty of free crystals (and jewels, for leveling your new 6*), gold (which you'll need, for the aforementioned 6*), 75 Spirit Orbs over the course of the event, and a few more things. Not bad.

BTW, I tried the swimsuit characters (from the Free Play) in the gatcha, and I'm definitely skipping. The only one that seemed reasonably fun was Yoruichi, but the rest seemed so...bleh. Their stats might be nice, and they might get a few 6* abilities that'll help with their damage, but their actual move-sets are so boring. You can tell they were developed early on, when the game was still young. We've come a long way since.

The best place for character fodder drops was the anniversary event. I'm not sure if you farmed it or not, but I ran the hell out of it (both single-player and co-op when my tickets ran out). I fully ascended a lot of my 5* and three of my 6* (Soi Fon, Kenpachi, and Shinji). It was amazing, and so many accessory drops too (and hearts to level them!). Sadly, it's gone now. :(

The Omaeda event is okay, from I've seen so far. Yoruichi drops pretty decently, but aside from that, it's going to be slim-pickings. Hopefully we get another lottery event soon with nice drop-rates. Supposedly, we're getting a summer-themed event (with that 5* summer Toshiro as the top reward) soon, as the code has already been data-mined in the game. So maybe that will be better? It should start sometime this month, while the summer gatcha is running. Maybe after the current event ends.

I'd actually like that 4* Rukia though, haha.
Oh! You already know this if you've logged in, but 15 million download event is now going on! Plenty of free crystals (and jewels, for leveling your new 6*), gold (which you'll need, for the aforementioned 6*), 75 Spirit Orbs over the course of the event, and a few more things. Not bad.

BTW, I tried the swimsuit characters (from the Free Play) in the gatcha, and I'm definitely skipping. The only one that seemed reasonably fun was Yoruichi, but the rest seemed so...bleh. Their stats might be nice, and they might get a few 6* abilities that'll help with their damage, but their actual move-sets are so boring. You can tell they were developed early on, when the game was still young. We've come a long way since.

Yeah I farmed the anniversary event alot and maxed alot of chars, but there's still so much more to max lol.

Ehh i'm not gonna do the Omaeda event for more than the orders. Hopefully we do get that summer event next, and iirc it was a point based event, which are always welcomed.

Speaking of 6*'s I really need to max my Uryu since he's my only green, solely for running the Ichigo raid.

Well we didn't get the summer event, but hey free orbs is free orbs.

Also seeing as how this event only lasts for 4 days instead of the usual i'd say we'll be getting it after this is through.

chrono01

Swimsuit event now available, get those free Spirit Orbs and tickets + items! We get 3* (and a Toshiro 4*) of some of the beach characters too, which is nice.

Also, the Zanpakto characters have been added to the game files, so we'll likely get that summon event in the next few days (probably tomorrow, since that's when Rukia's raid event supposedly starts). I probably won't summon, I can't go back to 3% character rates and the Zanpakto characters aren't exclusive, as they'll be added to the summon pool afterwards (and will probably be featured in the 2x gatcha to come).

MiTYH

Hunh, I'm enjoying this event. Easy to make my way through it and getting lots of neat rewards for it, and lots of orbs all around. Cashed in some soul tickets I had banked away, at 33k points and climbing, but 600000 for the final goal seems daunting. But getting the orders (beating the last stage 100 times) seems easy enough, can do it all-auto

Hunh, I'm enjoying this event. Easy to make my way through it and getting lots of neat rewards for it, and lots of orbs all around. Cashed in some soul tickets I had banked away, at 33k points and climbing, but 600000 for the final goal seems daunting. But getting the orders (beating the last stage 100 times) seems easy enough, can do it all-auto

Yeah its giving me tons of tickets and 3 stars.

Getting to 600,000 isn't really that much though. I'm already at 130,000.

chrono01

Yeah, the event is great. I love the beach setting too, it's something different. Unfortunately, no 4* drops/fodder from the lottery event, but at least the 3* drops will help me ascend the 3*/4* characters that I have (maybe not the 5*/6*, as it would be too costly). I love getting tickets too, you can seemingly run the event forever if they keep giving those out, haha.

Yeah its giving me tons of tickets and 3 stars.

Getting to 600,000 isn't really that much though. I'm already at 130,000.
Nice job! I'm at something like 75k, but I have a lot of tickets in my gift box. I'll probably blow through them this evening.

I'm not sure if I'll try summoning in the Zanpakto gatcha (confirmed for tomorrow) or not. I do really want Sode no Shirayuki...

I know these aren't event-exclusive characters and will be added to the Premium pool, and the 3% rate for them when they're released isn't exactly appealing, but it's exciting knowing that if you DO pull a rainbow, it's guaranteed to be one of them. Maybe I'll just use my tickets and hope I get lucky.

Daaamn..... !!!
Good work though !!!

Lol, thanks!

Yeah, the event is great. I love the beach setting too, it's something different. Unfortunately, no 4* drops/fodder from the lottery event, but at least the 3* drops will help me ascend the 3*/4* characters that I have (maybe not the 5*/6*, as it would be too costly). I love getting tickets too, you can seemingly run the event forever if they keep giving those out, haha.

Nice job! I'm at something like 75k, but I have a lot of tickets in my gift box. I'll probably blow through them this evening.

I'm not sure if I'll try summoning in the Zanpakto gatcha (confirmed for tomorrow) or not. I do really want Sode no Shirayuki...

I know these aren't event-exclusive characters and will be added to the Premium pool, and the 3% rate for them when they're released isn't exactly appealing, but it's exciting knowing that if you DO pull a rainbow, it's guaranteed to be one of them. Maybe I'll just use my tickets and hope I get lucky.

Yeah I've gotten a shit ton of 3 stars, and around 50 summon tickets, so I'm gonna be able to max quite a few things before the 2x gacha hits.

Thanks, tbh it's easy to get up to 600k points in just a few days since you can practically run it non-stop thanks to the ticket drops.

Ehh, I would only pull if they were exclusive so I'll just wait and see if they might be in the pull for the monthly 2x summon

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
New game update is out with a couple nice QoL features - like bulk pulling via tickets.

I did a 10pull for fun on the new Gacha and ended up with Sode. To be honest i didnt know anything about the units or gacha just happy i got a new 5*. Ill have to look her up later.

MiTYH

New game update is out with a couple nice QoL features - like bulk pulling via tickets.

Yeah, this is the thing I love the most about this update. 10 3-stars at once!

Currently at 100k, and I'm feeling the drain now of running this same stage over and over and over
and over

I did a 10pull for fun on the new Gacha and ended up with Sode. To be honest i didnt know anything about the units or gacha just happy i got a new 5*. Ill have to look her up later.

Yes how i enjoyed doing 60 ticket summons and getting about 56 3 stars.

Though on the bright side I decided to do a couple singles on the Zanpakuto gacha, and actually got the one I wanted.

rO5IcAV.jpg

chrono01

Nice, congrats! She's actually the one I want most out of this batch, mostly because I like her as a character.

I probably won't do a multi-pull though, since I doubt any of the characters (Sode no Shirayuki included) would get much use from me. I already have Soi Fon and Kenpachi, so Power is covered for both PVE and PVP. In regard to Tech, I have Shinji, who's great in both PVE and PVP, and OG Byakuya (and SE Ulquiorra, who I suspect will get an amazing 6* evolution) for Heart. I just can't see myself spending orbs, especially for 3% odds. These will (eventually) get added to 6x summons, so I'll have another chance at them. I might do a few single pulls, but no more than five. Right now, I'm saving everything for Mugetsu Ichigo. I really want him. All three of the Zanpakto characters are strong, however. Really nice stuff. I just don't have an immediate use for them, especially since I'm still trying to ascend/evolve my current 5*/6* characters.

Kind of funny how two single pulls was the equivalent of a multi-pull (and at 6% odds) just a short while ago. I miss you, step-up gatcha. :(

Yes how i enjoyed doing 60 ticket summons and getting about 56 3 stars.

Though on the bright side I decided to do a couple singles on the Zanpakuto gacha, and actually got the one I wanted.
Congrats to you too! He looks like he's a lot of fun to play as.

chrono01

Thanks! Now I finally have a good tech char, and yeah so far i'm loving his moveset.
A strong character for Tech was the last attribute I needed too. I had a strong-type for all of the others, but Tech alluded me (until I managed Shinji). Well, I had Kendo Kenpachi, who is amazing, but only when he evolves to 6*, and even then, I'll probably still use Shinji for PVE since I like his move-list better.

Enjoy your Senbonzakura!

A strong character for Tech was the last attribute I needed too. I had a strong-type for all of the others, but Tech alluded me (until I managed Shinji). Well, I had Kendo Kenpachi, who is amazing, but only when he evolves to 6*, and even then, I'll probably still use Shinji for PVE since I like his move-list better.

Enjoy your Senbonzakura!

The only other tech I had was Uryu and I really didn't feel like maxing him even though he had the most focus out of every other char. For the moment the only attribute i'm lacking power in is mind, until Aizen gets his 6* and becomes top tier again, though i'm sure thats a long ways off.

Thanks! with this I can finally start doing the Ichigo raid and finally get around to maxing my Grimm.

Well time to get crackin' on my Byakuya farming, then I can spend the rest of my time farming for SP Jewels since I need a shit ton of them to increase the max level of 6 stars.

Also has anyone heard anything about how the Zanpakuto characters rank in PVP?

Uthred

I was considering giving this another go but I was reading over on reddit that the anniversary event and "step-up gacha?" were so good that new/returning players are unlikely to be able to "catch-up" for PvP and such, is that a fair assessment?

chrono01

I finally hit 600k points for the summer event. What a grind.

Now to go back to farming jewels. Yet another grind!

Well time to get crackin' on my Byakuya farming, then I can spend the rest of my time farming for SP Jewels since I need a shit ton of them to increase the max level of 6 stars.

Also has anyone heard anything about how the Zanpakuto characters rank in PVP?
I haven't read up much on how they fare in PVP, but I remember hearing something about how the ranged characters (Sode no Shirayuki and Tobiume) being the best, since...well...they're ranged, haha. Those traditionally perform well in PVP.

I was considering giving this another go but I was reading over on reddit that the anniversary event and "step-up gacha?" were so good that new/returning players are unlikely to be able to "catch-up" for PvP and such, is that a fair assessment?
The step-up gatcha was incredibly rewarding. Not only that, but the anniversary quests dropped a lot of accessory fodder material, so people could easily level up/evolve their accessories, which provided an even greater boost for their PVP teams.

That being said, there's no way in knowing whether the step-up gatcha will make a return or not. Personally, I feel like it'll be one of those "every few months" thing, so if you missed the first one I'm sure you'll get another chance eventually (maybe for the Global anniversary?). Also, with power creep as it is, new characters get released constantly that have a tradition of becoming PVP beasts. Take, for instance, Jushiro at the end of the month. From what I've seen/read, he's even better than Grimmjow as a speed-attribute.

PVP is important, but considering a new character is released every two months, it's not difficult to just play it casually and win enough medals to purchase them anyway. If you want more than one, you'll need to earn more medals/rank higher, but it's not as "hardcore" as the people on Reddit would have you believe. You also get Rare Medals as occasional login (as well as mission) rewards, but not at a large amount.

If you interested, I'd still recommend jumping back in, at least for the story/event content. Do PVP as much as you can and I'm sure Rare Medals will slowly come to you as you build up your character list.

MiTYH

Hit 100 wins on this summer event. Getting close to 300k, but wow it's a struggle I don't feel like finishing to get all these rewards, especially since they're sparser now

Uthred

Any particularly good picks for the Challenge Order 5*? I recall Aizen was a beast but Byakuya has a 6* (which presumably one should be working towards?)

Any particularly good picks for the Challenge Order 5*? I recall Aizen was a beast but Byakuya has a 6* (which presumably one should be working towards?)

You have any ranged units yet? If not then definitely grab Byakuya since his 6* evolution made him top tier. Other than that i'd just look up their movesets and grab whoever you like better.

chrono01

GO with either Aizen or Byakuya, unless you really want Bankai Ichigo (he's not very strong, as either a 5* or 6*).

Right now, Byakuya has a pretty powerful 6* evolution, especially if you have the dodge links to give him. He's a ranged-type, so he's great for PVP as well as PVE.

Aizen, while he doesn't have a 6* evolution yet (he should soon, given his popularity), is still a decent 5*, although he's been overshadowed by more than a few. I expect his 6* evolution to be great though, maybe with double normal hits as one of his abilities, and possibly another to extend the duration of his confuse, as well as higher chance to proc.

Both are neutral attributes (Heart/Mind), so they does neutral damage to all except their opposite (Heart -->, Mind --> Heart) where they do double (as well as receives double damage, unless equipped with a headband). Both also have full-screen attacks as their specials.

Since we don't yet know what Aizen's 6* evolution will be, it might be the wiser choice to go with Byakuya, especially if you don't yet have a 6*, since you can make immediate use of him.

Uthred

You have any ranged units yet? If not then definitely grab Byakuya since his 6* evolution made him top tier. Other than that i'd just look up their movesets and grab whoever you like better.

GO with either Aizen or Byakuya, unless you really want Bankai Ichigo (he's not very strong, as either a 5* or 6*).

Thanks for the advice went with Byakuya in the end (already had Bankai Ichigo, pity he's weak)

Edit: Are the tickets you get from various events affected by gacha rate ups or should I just use them when I get them?

Whew!

Finally got enough sp jewels to max Senbonzakura, now I just need the rest of the 5 star byakuyas and he'll be at 100%

Also the large jewel drop rate seriously needs a buff, cause right now I have 2200 small, 600 medium, and 0 large sp jewels, that's just ridiculous imo.

chrono01

Edit: Are the tickets you get from various events affected by gacha rate ups or should I just use them when I get them?
I just saw your edit now.

Nope, they're not affected by the rate-up's. The units are pulled from the premium gatcha, so anything there can be obtained from tickets. Feel free to use them whenever, or save up a bunch for when a new character is released to try and get him/her. The odds of you getting that specific one is extremely low (hell, it's rare to get a 5* from a ticket at all!), but it's still a chance.

Whew!

Finally got enough sp jewels to max Senbonzakura, now I just need the rest of the 5 star byakuyas and he'll be at 100%

Also the large jewel drop rate seriously needs a buff, cause right now I have 2200 small, 600 medium, and 0 large sp jewels, that's just ridiculous imo.
Congrats!

Yeah, I wish they'd increase the drop-rate for both large jewels as well as Hogyoku. No joke, I leveled three 6* characters to max, through the jewel dailies, and I only managed one Hogyoku drop. ONE! :/

At least you can get jewels now through Kon's Corner pulls, and at a decent rate too.

chrono01

New 2x gatcha starting tomorrow in Japan, and it's amazing. Goodbye orbs.

Gameplay of all three:

Dangai Ichigo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bleach_BS/status/770549863045931008

Aizen:

https://twitter.com/Bleach_BS/status/770540004783198208?lang=en

Barragan:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bleach_BS/status/770534160133828608

All three look great, especially Dangai Ichigo. That monstrous Normal Attack and fast movements, going to be insane. Also, RANGED AIZEN!

Also, new 6* evolutions for past characters. Aizen (Mind), Yoruichi (Speed), Power Vizard Ichigo, Hiyori, and Academy Izuru.

New 2x gatcha starting tomorrow in Japan, and it's amazing. Goodbye orbs.

Gameplay of all three:

Dangai Ichigo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bleach_BS/status/770549863045931008

Aizen:

https://twitter.com/Bleach_BS/status/770540004783198208?lang=en

Barragan:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bleach_BS/status/770534160133828608

All three look great, especially Dangai Ichigo. That monstrous Normal Attack and fast movements, going to be insane. Also, RANGED AIZEN!

Also, new 6* evolutions for past characters. Aizen (Mind), Yoruichi (Speed), Power Vizard Ichigo, Hiyori, and Academy Izuru.

And I suddenly don't want Jushiro anymore

6* Ichigo is a greedy little glutton I see

He's gonna be worth it for the INSANE attack dmg his 6* version is gonna do.

Also chappies would make so much sense on him since he gave up his SP in that form.

Edit:

Oh shit I need to get cracking on jewels since out of the upcoming 6* evolutions i'm only missing hiyori.

That aura looks good on Baraggan. Probably the first pool where I want all 3 of the featured characters. This will probably be the most popular pool of characters, I wonder what they have planned down the line to keep people excited.

Well I blew 500 orbs on this gacha cause i'm a pig who can't control myself.

Actually got 3 5-stars in one multi a first for me, and 2 of them i actually wanted: Harribel, and Zangetsu. Also got 2 more copies of Nelliel aka my Mayuri. So at least i got a couple things I wanted so its not a total loss. Also whenever I feel like maxing Nelliel her 6 star will have her special attack at 5/5 so thats nice.

Uthred

Did one ten pull, got Jushiro, going to leave it at that I think. I like the character but is he any good mechanically?

Cool, the only other blue unit I had was the old medals Zangetsu so he should fill that gap.

Yeah he'll definitely make a fantastic replacement. As for now Jushiro is the strongest blue unit, that is until next month when the extremely OP Dangai Ichigo drops on global.

Hell, that Mugetsu gacha is one I'd actually buy orbs for.

Uthred

Only way to get Hogyoku is gem/jewel RNG and daily logins? Been grinding jewels like a fiend and not a single drop so far

Only way to get Hogyoku is gem/jewel RNG and daily logins? Been grinding jewels like a fiend and not a single drop so far

Yeah the drop rate is alooooot lower in jewel quests for some reason, only gotten 1 hogyoku from jewels myself, while I can get 2 a day in crystal quests pretty easily.

chrono01

Well I blew 500 orbs on this gacha cause i'm a pig who can't control myself.

Actually got 3 5-stars in one multi a first for me, and 2 of them i actually wanted: Harribel, and Zangetsu. Also got 2 more copies of Nelliel aka my Mayuri. So at least i got a couple things I wanted so its not a total loss. Also whenever I feel like maxing Nelliel her 6 star will have her special attack at 5/5 so thats nice.
Congrats on the new 5*'!

Did one ten pull, got Jushiro, going to leave it at that I think. I like the character but is he any good mechanically?
Man, he's the one unit I want from this batch (have all of the rest, aside from maybe Stark). Congrats! He's the best Speed unit in the game right now (until Dangai Ichigo), if you max him out with +SAD. You did good.

I'm resisting the pull. I will not do it, not with Dangai Ichigo/Butterfly Aizen/Barragan releasing in a month. I WILL NOT! I'm hoping to have 5k orbs by then.

Congrats on the new 5*'!

Man, he's the one unit I want from this batch (have all of the rest, aside from maybe Stark). Congrats! He's the best Speed unit in the game right now (until Dangai Ichigo), if you max him out with +SAD. You did good.

I'm resisting the pull. I will not do it, not with Dangai Ichigo/Butterfly Aizen/Barragan releasing in a month. I WILL NOT! I'm hoping to have 5k orbs by then.

Thanks! Now i have even more 6 stars to max.
This is gonna take forever.

I was gonna save a ton of orbs for the Mugetsu gacha, but I learned my lesson with the decisive battle one.

Top Bottom