• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blocks That Matter |OT| Rescue XBLIG devs!

Saw this game in the New Releases tab and watched the trailer. And now i'm going to buy it.

Looking at those sales numbers it does make me wonder why they would even bother with an xbox version if it wasn't even xbla. Doesn't seem worth the effort (unless they do it to create and love and whatever and money isn't the point bla bla bla). Hopefully they do well on Steam... although we probably won't get exact sales numbers from the steam version will we? But it has steam achievements so it will sell all of whatever it sold on the xbox in a matter of hours on steam right?

Persona7

Banned
I was going to download the demo for this but then I saw "minecraft".

Strange how one word can completely turn me off of a game.

Red

Persona7 said:
I was going to download the demo for this but then I saw "minecraft".

Strange how one word can completely turn me off of a game.
It's more like World of Goo or Toki Tori than it is Minecraft.

Wizpig

The game is really charming, i'm quite curious about how the developers got permission to use some "cameos" in the game!
like Super Mario Bros.

The game is in the Humble Bundle right now, you should get it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
got this as part of the voxatron bundle. Loving it so far, but the secret boxes are damn elusive.

there are some that seem to be behind obsidian walls or other blocks that you don't have equipment for yet (early levels). Are you supposed to revisit them later on when you're powered up, or are you able to do all secret boxes with the equipment (and techniques) you have at that point?

eg I'm sure there is one box just a few levels in that you can't drill through, and they haven't taught you the '8 block destruction' key yet.

Feep

Banned
Wizpig said:
The game is really charming, i'm quite curious about how the developers got permission to use some "cameos" in the game!
like Super Mario Bros.

The game is in the Humble Bundle right now, you should get it.
They didn't. It's a dangerous game. = P

Sciz

Since I'm on break this week, I decided to finally start going through my Humble Bundle backlog.

I went into this game knowing nothing about it, and came out eleven hours later (over the course of three days) wishing I'd been there day one. It's a wonderful example of how a simple set of rules can be expanded into a wide array of devilishly clever puzzles, thanks to the interactions between the various block properties and the requirement to place them as tetrominoes. It starts and stays challenging while only rarely being frustrating, usually on account of having to dodge several enemies in a row. If I have any complaints about the gameplay, it's that the later blocks are ultimately just reskins of the basic stone block and don't have any interesting properties of their own, the way earlier blocks do. But it's a minor quibble in the face of how inventive the game already is.

There's seventy official levels with a fair deal of replay value, and an entire selection of user-created levels I haven't even dipped into yet. It controls well, looks nice enough, and sounds great.

If you've got it, play it. If you don't have it, get it.

Top Bottom