• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne on pc now boots via emulator

skneogaf

I read it's only took a month from first booting bloodborne to actually starting the game and it loading actual graphics and is playable albeit in an awful state.

This means bloodborne will be fully playable in the next few months for sure.

The dream is alive!

Oh and Lance mcdonald's 60fps patch can be applied so we will have 1080p 60fps bloodborne on pc at a minimum!

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
698669.jpg

peek

Shut it down. Shut it down! I would be curious if this gets in a playable state will the publishers (sony?) go after them hard.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
This means bloodborne will be fully playable in the next few months for sure.

Depends on your definition of "playable" and "few".

By the way, that opened console with the debug information makes thing extremely slow, just removing that debug information should speed up things 2, 3 or more times. Why all these demo keep dumping that information there instead of using some "quiet" setting or redirecting everything to nul or $null in ps?

Last edited:

mrcroket

It's funny to see some people getting nervous about the possibility of PC gamers being able to play Bloodborne better than on PS4/5 in not too long.

It's pretty impressive for an emulator that hasn't even been in development for a year that it can run a AAA game.

Last edited:

peek

No, because Sony doesn't have a case. Nobody is using stolen code, assets, or supplying the rom for free. There's no law obligating anyone to run a game on a specific platform as far as I'm aware.
Tell that nintendo LOL. Just sayin, wouldnt be surprised if sony be like ya know...

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Tell that nintendo LOL. Just sayin, wouldnt be surprised if sony be like ya know...
The Yuzu guys were idiots supplying roms that weren’t even released along with the keys to decrypt them. What they were doing was 1000% illegal and Nintendo had a strong case.

Nintendo never successfully went after Dolphin or even later N64 emulators following the abandonment of Ultra HLE in the late 90s/early 2000s.

peek

The Yuzu guys were idiots supplying roms that weren’t even released along with the keys to decrypt them. What they were doing was 1000% illegal and Nintendo had a strong case.

Nintendo never successfully went after Dolphin or even later N64 emulators following the abandonment of Ultra HLE in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Successfully? Ha, like that stops a company from TRYING to take shit down. Im just curious if sony gonna go that route or not if they decide to put out a pc port.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Successfully? Ha, like that stops a company from TRYING to take shit down. Im just curious if sony gonna go that route or not if they decide to put out a pc port.
I don't even think they tried lawsuits actually. With Ultra HLE, they threatened them but the devs went silent before anything happened. With Yuzu, they had a really good case. Nintendo doesn't go after emulators just because they're emulators as far as I'm aware. For instance, Dolphin, Citra, Cemu, VBA, and a dozen emulators thrived without getting so much as a look from Nintendo. It's when devs start stepping into copyright infringement territory or piracy that they get the attention of the Eye of Sauron.

For this particular case, Sony could try all they like but good luck getting anything. I doubt they bother.

Soodanim

The progress on it is amazing, you sound condescending.

This type of thing will teach Sony a lesson when it comes to porting games to pc that so many people have been asking for with money waiting to be given to them for it!

Just a few days ago it crashed after the character creation part, now it makes it into the world.
It won't make a difference, this is one of the most common requests out there

Doom85

It's funny to see some people getting nervous about the possibility of PC gamers being able to play Bloodborne better than on PS4/5 in not too long.

It's pretty impressive for an emulator that hasn't even been in development for a year that it can run a AAA game.

Nervous? Nah. But anyone trying to flex over PS players as “superior”, yeah oookay, we only got to enjoy this masterpiece nearly a decade before you. Like, if a game is only worth playing if it’s 60 FPS, then it probably wasn’t a worthwhile game to begin with, and Bloodborne is DEFINITELY worthwhile.

Like, imagine being alive when something like Jurassic Park first came out in theaters and being all, “nah, I’m not paying for that, I’ll wait for the day it’s in 4K!” It’s as baffling a mentality to me. Like, if that’s what a person wants, then fair enough, but I’ll laugh when they try to make it out like they won over the people who saw/played it long before they did.

DryvBy

This is why the "wait for it to hit PC" is ridiculous. Bloodborne is amazing and I've finished it multiple times, and that was almost a decade ago.

SHA

No, because Sony doesn't have a case. Nobody is using stolen code, assets, or supplying the rom for free. There's no law obligating anyone to run a game on a specific platform as far as I'm aware.
It's the experience
Microsoft don't give a shit
Sony 50 50
Nintendo %100.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I am willing to bet that we’ll be playing this from start to finish, on PC, by the time they do anything significant.

The cat is out of the proverbial bag.
I think part of what drove the Yuzu team at first, was getting Breath of the Wild running in a playable state from start to finish.
This could be some kind of repeat of that, but with Bloodborne, instead.

Couple that with Lance McDonald going balls deep into the game engine and discovering some nice things…I can’t help but get excited.

I'm gonna laugh so fucking hard when NOW we see them finally port this shit to PC all because of the emulator getting it up and running. Same shit happened with RPCS3 and a bunch of Sony first party titles. They get running in a pretty playable state and all of a sudden Sony goes port happy with PC. Scumbags were happy to keep it exclusive, but soon as the jig is up they need their money and NOW they can happily port. Fuck them.

peek

Just release it already! Theyd make a good amount of cash. Everyone knows it. Maybe theyre planning on doing a demons souls remake level quality? Who knows.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Just release it already! Theyd make a good amount of cash. Everyone knows it. Maybe theyre planning on doing a demons souls remake level quality? Who knows.
I hope not. They need to just port that shit and if they have to, let the fans fix it up. People in the modding community are dying to peek inside the hood and change/add stuff.

Top Bottom