• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne on pc now boots via emulator

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
WTF!? They're at 10 FPS and the fight with Martyr isn't too bad to watch, seeing as how this is progress!
I'm seeing people playing some early areas at 60fps, and a few days ago the game barely launched.

Yeah maybe 1 month is being too optimistic, but I'd bet we are getting this running fine enough before the end of the year.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Mileage will vary. Rig to Rig, settings versus settings, ETC.
Yeah well, it probably won't run on a shitty laptop but still, I can imagine this having lower requirements than the PS3 emulator, being that the PS4 architecture is closer to a PC with it's x86-64 CPUs than whatever the hell PS3 had.

Exciting times, I wonder how far they'll be able to take this, and if this will make Sony think about an actual port/remaster for both PC and PS5.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Yeah well, it probably won't run on a shitty laptop but still, I can imagine this having lower requirements than the PS3 emulator, being that the PS4 architecture is closer to a PC with it's x86-64 CPUs than whatever the hell PS3 had.

Exciting times, I wonder how far they'll be able to take this, and if this will make Sony think about an actual port/remaster for both PC and PS5.
Regardless. I own the game and I have a BR burner/player combo. I'm going to rip it... probably on the night/eve of my day off, then experiment with it.
I'll test the shit out of it! Lol.
Edit: I'll buy Sony's PC port on Day 1, but that time, we may have "mods" from the emu version that could translate to the PC version. That is, unless Sony is somehow holding a PC port, close to their chest.

Last edited:
Regardless. I own the game and I have a BR burner/player combo. I'm going to rip it... probably on the night/eve of my day off, then experiment with it.
I'll test the shit out of it! Lol.
Edit: I'll buy Sony's PC port on Day 1, but that time, we may have "mods" from the emu version that could translate to the PC version. That is, unless Sony is somehow holding a PC port, close to their chest.
Is the there a physical release of Old Hunters DLC? I have only seen digital codes...

Edit: It appears that GOTY edition has it on the disc.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Is the there a physical release of Old Hunters DLC? I have only seen digital codes...
I have to go about other means to get the DLC off my SSD. I don't know beyond that. I only have access to the base game via my launch release-disc.
Edit: just ordered a cheap copy of GOTY. I hope it works, lol..

Last edited:

TxKnight7

Nervous? Nah. But anyone trying to flex over PS players as “superior”, yeah oookay, we only got to enjoy this masterpiece nearly a decade before you. Like, if a game is only worth playing if it’s 60 FPS, then it probably wasn’t a worthwhile game to begin with, and Bloodborne is DEFINITELY worthwhile.

Like, imagine being alive when something like Jurassic Park first came out in theaters and being all, “nah, I’m not paying for that, I’ll wait for the day it’s in 4K!” It’s as baffling a mentality to me. Like, if that’s what a person wants, then fair enough, but I’ll laugh when they try to make it out like they won over the people who saw/played it long before they did.
Aren't sony fans happy about getting old games and a decade old ports from microsoft on PS5?
Ori ,Horizon 5 , Gears 5 etc?
they will pay and play old microsoft games like they did with sea of thieves etc..

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Either way... there's still time Sony. Get the port on PC now and you won't have to worry about any further issues.

Keep in mind that this is a PS4 emulator and not a Bloodborne emulator meaning that any remaining games like Gravity Rush, GT7, Driveclub etc also benefit from the Bloodborne progress. And Sony has a planned GT7 port in the works so it'd be a major shame if that somehow ended up being irrelevant because of a couple funny emulator men doing their thing.

Also PS4 and PS5 share an architecture and while it's a big stretch, the progress here could be used to emulate that console like how GameCube emulation helped Wii for dolphin

My point...? Sony are going to lose a lot of money on potential PC ports of they don't bring the PS Library here quick.

Nickolaidas

Amazing. All we need is Demon's Souls *remake* on Steam, and every single Souls game of FROM will be available to play.

I mean, TECHNICALLY DS Remake wasn't made by FROM, but it's still their game beneath the crust.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I’m struggling to think of other games that are still trapped on ps4

I guess Gran Turismo 7 also has a ps4 version

bender

What time is it?
Amazing. All we need is Demon's Souls *remake* on Steam, and every single Souls game of FROM will be available to play.

I mean, TECHNICALLY DS Remake wasn't made by FROM, but it's still their game beneath the crust.
tumblr_mzb4216j6e1qmn5ngo2_500.gif

Skifi28

Gravity Rush 1 & 2, Ratchet 2016, Last guardian and obviously Knack 1 & 2. Can't forget about Knack. Then if you start adding third party games like from Level-5 the list grows, but I can't be bothered.

TintoConCasera

There's that Fist of the North Star game made by the Yakuza devs. Maybe Dragon's Crown Pro too, but it barely differs from the one in the Vita so whatever.

saintjules

Gold Member
The progress on it is amazing, you sound condescending.

This type of thing will teach Sony a lesson when it comes to porting games to pc that so many people have been asking for with money waiting to be given to them for it!

Just a few days ago it crashed after the character creation part, now it makes it into the world.

People just need to be okay with what the game was when it first released. This whole doing emulators thing and that McDonald guy going to the ends of the earth jailbreaking a PS, just to make the game 60fps to where most can't even play it is a bit funny to me.

I personally didn't find this to be the second coming of Christ game that everyone is making it out to be. So surely if Sony wanted to do something here with this albeit PS5 Remake / Remaster it would have been by now. People keep playing with this stuff but what was wrong with the original release to begin with?

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
People just need to be okay with what the game was when it first released. This whole doing emulators thing and that McDonald guy going to the ends of the earth jailbreaking a PS, just to make the game 60fps to where most can't even play it is a bit funny to me.

I personally didn't find this to be the second coming of Christ game that everyone is making it out to be. So surely if Sony wanted to do something here with this albeit PS5 Remake / Remaster it would have been by now. People keep playing with this stuff but what was wrong with the original release to begin with?
If everyone thought like you, we'd still be stuck in caves and running away from large predators.

Mephisto40

There are still super nintendo games that fail to emulate 100% correctly

I'm not sure what makes people think this will ever be playable, let alone "In a few months"

Skifi28

I'm not sure what makes people think this will ever be playable, let alone "In a few months"
Depends on your definition of playable. It will be playable for many people. Is it going to be 100% authentic with no issues? probably not, maybe never, but good enough. Personally I prefer playing on original hardware if it's possible despite the hit in framerate/resolution, but at some point it becomes inconvenient having 29 different machines hooked up on the TV, especially if the emulated version is "good enough."

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Horrible analogy. For one, not every game gets the same interest from fans. For two, Bloodborne doesn't need to emulate with 100% accuracy. There can be some bugs here and there. As long as the game is playable from start to finish with a stable frame rate and good visuals, it's fine. A lot of games don't run with perfect accuracy. Doesn't stop people from playing them.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I read it's only took a month from first booting bloodborne to actually starting the game and it loading actual graphics and is playable albeit in an awful state.
1 month to boot the game? thats almost as slow as booting a game on the ZX Spectrum (those were usually in an awful state also) :p

Mephisto40

Horrible analogy. For one, not every game gets the same interest from fans. For two, Bloodborne doesn't need to emulate with 100% accuracy. There can be some bugs here and there. As long as the game is playable from start to finish with a stable frame rate and good visuals, it's fine. A lot of games don't run with perfect accuracy. Doesn't stop people from playing them.
Deluded if you think they are going to be able to emulate the game in any playable state any time soon, and when I mean soon, I mean in the next 5 years

TxKnight7

Emulating ps3 games to run and be playable was much more difficult and took many years to play killzone 2 / 3 GoW 3 from start to end , now bloodborne and emulating Ps4 should be easier and faster.

Last edited:

Doom85

Aren't sony fans happy about getting old games and a decade old ports from microsoft on PS5?
Ori ,Horizon 5 , Gears 5 etc?
they will pay and play old microsoft games like they did with sea of thieves etc..

There’s a world of difference between being happy about that and being a desperately smug “haha, I’m getting the true experience!” guy. Why would anyone even say that about those Xbox games, as far as I know they run more or less as they did on Xbox.

GHG

Interested to see how this all turns out. This is like the most port-begged game ever. Would be funny to see on PC via emulation playing at 4K/120fps.

We will probably be there by the end of next year. The reason there's been so much progress so quickly is because this game engine is a known quantity by people in the emulation and PC modding community, so it's the perfect candidate to accelerate the development of the emulator.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
This is why we can have nice things, almost everything on GAF is who provides the superior gaming experience.
Ftfy.

Imagine cheering for a game to be stuck with performances and IQ that sucks flat donkey dick. Only on some sick console warrior mind.

Top Bottom