• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Weiss

Banned
If we do get a sequel, I'm hoping they pull some elements from Dark Souls in. More expansive world map, Spellcasting as its own viable build, and more covenants that can be accessed all game long.

Ferr986

Ludwig is pushing my shit in. Can't seem to get a hang of that second phase.

Hug the shit out of him like if he was your girlfriend. Staying clsoe to him means that his beams will always miss. Also always try to go to his back so he also miss his swings.

Other than that, just remember when he puts his sword on the ground, he does an AoE around him so go back a bit, and when he puts his sword in the air stay at his back again.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hug the shit out of him like if he was your girlfriend. Staying clsoe to him means that his beams will always miss. Also always try to go to his back so he also miss his swings.

Other than that, just remember when he puts his sword on the ground, he does an AoE around him so go back a bit, and when he puts his sword in the air stay at his back again.

Thanks, man.

That's pretty much what I'm doing.

He has this jump-back/double strike/overhead slam move that I can't seem to predict. Normally he roars, then strikes immediately after; this one has an awful delay that catches me out. Can't seem to ever intentionally dodge it, even when I know it's coming! If I happen to dodge the first, I get hit by the second. It's that quick! Then I lose 2/3rds of my health and it all goes down hill...

To all you people who are saying you are okay with BB being it's own thing. I would line every single one of you up along a wall and shoot all of you if it meant BB2 would be made. I would cut off my own legs and close the wound shut with a flamethrower. I'd sell babies off a street corner. I am that extreme about this, I have pages and pages and pages of ideas i've been jotting down, of side plots, of bosses, of lore, of just everything and god damn i need a BB2 so badly... Doesn't have to be Fromsoftware, it could be me from my garage if Sony would let me. Just... I need it, oh god I need. it. Sure, a new IP would be cool but it wouldn't have trick weapons or a sick dodge. It wouldn't be the same and I just really need more of the same with a fresh coat of paint. The idea I may never get that?

f2d0a720-f59a-0132-f3e1-0e18518aac2f.gif

That hunter dash is a thing of beauty. I agree, Bloodborne is irreplaceable and honestly to me it feels like an evolution of the Souls series. I can't go back.

RxGtYQ.gif

Fighting Maria in Old Hinters ta lvl 45 with 350 Ludwig blade. I'm struggling and unlike Ludwig no one is here to help ;__;

Thanks, man.

That's pretty much what I'm doing.

He has this jump-back/double strike/overhead slam move that I can't seem to predict. Normally he roars, then strikes immediately after; this one has an awful delay that catches me out. Can't seem to ever intentionally dodge it, even when I know it's coming! If I happen to dodge the first, I get hit by the second. It's that quick! Then I lose 2/3rds of my health and it all goes down hill...

Attack his sides, each side have its own HPs and stun him after dealing enough damage, once you took him down attack the other side, his second phaase is all about taking a distance and all his legs share the same hp for a quick stun and free vis

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You never played the DLC before? God I love that second phase.

Yeah, but I co-oped him first time so his attention wasn't on me. Just gotta do him,
The Living Failures and Laurence
then I've solo'd everyone in the game and can die happy.

I'm not a legend at this game, OoK took me literally 3 weeks to conquer. I'm only on day 4 of Ludwig. :)

Attack his sides, each side have its own HPs and stun him after dealing enough damage, once you took him down attack the other side, his second phaase is all about taking a distance and all his legs share the same hp for a quick stun and free vis

First phase is fine. I can get vis, there's just this move that fucks me up every. Single. Time.

First phase is fine. I can get vis, there's just this move that fucks me up every. Single. Time.

That move is random and happens more often when you give him space or when you are in your fourth hit or when he is cornered. Defiled Watchdog have a window , ludwig too but the pressure of the fight makes that window pretty short and sometimes you have see a rare variation which is a non roar frame cancel hit from that move it usually kills me as a coop

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That move is random and happens more often when you give him space or when you are in your fourth hit or when he is cornered. Defiled Watchdog have a window , ludwig too but the pressure of the fight makes that window pretty short and sometimes you have see a rare variation which is a non roar frame cancel hit from that move it usually kills me as a coop

Nice one. I'll keep that in mind. Wish me luck!

J2d

Doing chalice amygdala again after a year and I had forgotten(or maybe blocked out) that she can one shot you, I dunno but I just fucking hate that shit, spend five minutes and get close to beating her and then bam, fuck up a roll and its good bye. I hope my save file got corrupted when I rage quit :/

Nev

Banned
Doing chalice amygdala again after a year and I had forgotten(or maybe blocked out) that she can one shot you, I dunno but I just fucking hate that shit, spend five minutes and get close to beating her and then bam, fuck up a roll and its good bye. I hope my save file got corrupted when I rage quit :/

There is an easy way to cheese Amygdala and guarantee she won't hit you once. Just get under her crotch and when she jumps, stay completely still. She won't ever hit you if you don't move and you can beat her easily that way.

There is an easy way to cheese Amygdala and guarantee she won't hit you once. Just get under her crotch and when she jumps, stay completely still. She won't ever hit you if you don't move and you can beat her easily that way.

That's not actually true, I tried that and several strategies and never had any success.

only just got this game today but really enjoying it so far. Got stuck on the first boss father gascoigne. Unfortunately I cant upgrade my character as all my souls are at the boss from when I die.

I can easily get him to 40% but his beast transformation destroys me.

only just got this game today but really enjoying it so far. Got stuck on the first boss father gascoigne. Unfortunately I cant upgrade my character as all my souls are at the boss from when I die.

Do you have the Music Box, by chance? That really helps with his 3rd (Beast) stage.

Ferr986

Try to explore more around Yarhnam because there's an optional first boss that is a little easier than him. Kill him to bump some levels.

Also, there's an NPC inside a house with a music box that may help you if you use it while fighting the father.

gwailo

Banned

You can go into the boss fight, grab your souls, and then use a Bold Hunter's Mark to teleport back to the last lamp you used. But at that early in the game, the cost of a Mark might be too much to offset the souls you get back.

There are a couple of decent loops you can do in Central Yarnham to build up your souls and then you can use those to upgrade your character. There's a way to cheese the werewolves on the bridge, who tend to drop blood stone shards, which you can use to upgrade your weapons.

grmlin

Nah haven't got it. There's a couple of paths I didn't take. Guess I will have to suck it up and grind abit.

I always try to explore the areas as much as I can before going to the boss.

Anyway, I'm jealous, playing BB for the first time was something special in my gamers heart.

Holy shit I want to quit this now lmao. After trying to grind I've died so many times so lost my 10k souls and the optional boss is a no go yet to.

gwailo

Banned
You'll be laughing later at how worried you were about 10K souls.

A big part of the game is eating shit and dying but learning something, whether it is a new path to take or how to fight (or not to fight) a particular enemy.

If the first part of the game, you will want to take things slow and try and take the enemies on one at a time if possible. Use the gun or pebbles to distract them and/or lead them into particular areas. Also learn how to parry with the gun and do visceral attacks.

Holy shit I want to quit this now lmao. After trying to grind I've died so many times so lost my 10k souls and the optional boss is a no go yet to.

Don't lose heart. We were all there at one point. My first 5-8 hours of BB were frustrating as all hell, but once I got the hang of the systems and started leveling up (And leveling up my weapons) things started to click.

Do I need to learn to party with the gun? I've been rocking two handed. Just found the hunters gear in the sewer just need to find that music box now, think I've been everywhere though.

gwailo

Banned
Yes, it will definitely help with the stronger enemies and bosses.

For the music box, knock on the doors with a lit lamp by them, there are people in them that will talk to you and some will give items and/or side quests.

Melchiah

Don't lose heart. We were all there at one point. My first 5-8 hours of BB were frustrating as all hell, but once I got the hang of the systems and started leveling up (And leveling up my weapons) things started to click.

Yeah. I think that's more important in the beginning. I had already +2 Cane, when I beat CB with level 10 second character.

Ok will search for houses then as I've unlocked all areas now apart from the priest boss that needs killin. I'm broadcasting on YouTube if anyone is bored and wants to help. Stream is bloodborne noob first time

Melchiah

Ok will search for houses then as I've unlocked all areas now apart from the priest boss that needs killin. I'm broadcasting on YouTube if anyone is bored and wants to help. Stream is bloodborne noob first time

Here are guides for the locations of Blood Stone Shards:
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Blood+Stone+Shard
http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Twin+Blood+Stone+Shards

EDIT: You need to go through the sewers to get to the Music Box. It also leads to another short cut route.

Melchiah

If you've already opened the short cut, but missed the girl in the window, the gate is in the area where the troll bangs the door.

EDIT: I'm just watching your stream, and there's an alternative route to the sewers to your right.

The one area I haven't been is there is a locked gate in that area with the troll banging on the wooden door, opposite from him as you go up the first set of stairs

Melchiah

The one area I haven't been is there is a locked gate in that area with the troll banging on the wooden door, opposite from him as you go up the first set of stairs

You need to go to the sewers, there's a ladder that goes to the gate. It's located before the lower area, where the pig is.

You need to go to the sewers, there's a ladder that goes to the gate. It's located before the lower area, where the pig is.

Yeah I've been there, must have been another short cut. Nvm I've found no woman in a window, although I did find one old woman asking me for a safe place but I could only say no. I'm gonna try cleric beast first anyway

Melchiah

Yeah I've been there, must have been another short cut. Nvm I've found no woman in a window, although I did find one old woman asking me for a safe place but I could only say no. I'm gonna try cleric beast first anyway

Here's a map if it helps.

ddCwhNh.jpg

The girl with the music box, is just behind the locked gate. The item isn't that important though.

finally popped in this game after a few months of owning it and this game is hard as hell lol. I'm only at the section after the first checkpoint and I've died like 8 times. Once the enemies gang up together they are tough to take down. I need some cheat codes asap!

myco666

It is actually true. I've done it twice and it's a known tactic. Use 2H Axe's R2.

It isn't guaranteed though. I've got hit by the jump attack plenty of times even when I stopped moving the instant she jumped. There is also the possiblity that her leg moves you during the jump making the attack hit you. It is rather consistent strategy but definitely not guaranteed to work everytime.

Seriously this father gas is pure bullshit. Even with the music box that works once he just constantly charges and leaps at you in beast form you can't even dodge is range is so big.

Melchiah

Seriously this father gas is pure bullshit. Even with the music box that works once he just constantly charges and leaps at you in beast form you can't even dodge is range is so big.

You can dodge him just fine. Here's how I did it: https://youtu.be/AaqgdS4WFm0

I'd recommend to move to the upper area after he transforms, as you're less likely to get stuck in the scenery there. Parrying works well against both forms. If you can't get the timing right, you can also use molotovs against his beast form.

Melchiah

Lol after moving to the upper area he was easy, killed him without dying .

Some of the bosses can be very hard and frustrating at first. There's an optional one like that ahead of you. Just remember, that you can go elsewhere to level up and get better gear, if it feels too hard.

Sulik2

How brutal is ng+ for this? At about 127 with a 397 saw cleaver and 440 Ludwigs. The end of the dlc was tough.

The base game is actually way easier especially if you have a Ludwig's. The DLC just gets more brutal and the deeper chalice dungeons are super difficult too.

Think I'm lost in old yarn. Unlocked the short cut to the blood hungry beast but it's too difficult during the 3rd stage, I know it's optional but other than killing that armoured gunner on the roof which I can't do since my weapons do barely any damage not sure where to go not sure where to go.

Just faced
and got spanked by
Ludwig for the first time. First off, the 2nd phase came out of nowhere, wow. Second, wow, I love that sword. If only LHB actually worked like that.

Welp. Time to die.

Edit: It seems it is Ludwig that has died LOL, about 4 tries in all. And that Holy Moonlight Sword is soo good,

I have a +10 Saw Cleaver and a +9 Ludwing's Holy Blade. But the Pizza cutter is sexy, Simon's BowBlade could really come in handy for Defiled Amygdala, and the HMS could be something else at higher levels .... what to do ...

Top Bottom