• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

How brutal is ng+ for this? At about 127 with a 397 saw cleaver and 440 Ludwigs. The end of the dlc was tough.

Not so much compared to the DLC. NG+ will be a cakewalk experience for you NG+ DLC is something else you would probably need 130 for the DLC

Think I'm lost in old yarn. Unlocked the short cut to the blood hungry beast but it's too difficult during the 3rd stage, I know it's optional but other than killing that armoured gunner on the roof which I can't do since my weapons do barely any damage not sure where to go not sure where to go.

Proceed to the grand cathedral and go right, there is another zone there.

Just faced
and got spanked by
Ludwig for the first time. First off, the 2nd phase came out of nowhere, wow. Second, wow, I love that sword. If only LHB actually worked like that.

Welp. Time to die.

Edit: It seems it is Ludwig that has died LOL, about 4 tries in all. And that Holy Moonlight Sword is soo good,

I have a +10 Saw Cleaver and a +9 Ludwing's Holy Blade. But the Pizza cutter is sexy, Simon's BowBlade could really come in handy for Defiled Amygdala, and the HMS could be something else at higher levels .... what to do ...

Well, Moonlight needs a lot of arcane (45 arcane) to work since most of its damage relies on Arcane stat or you can use it in normal mode for Str stat.

So after a couple of attempts of trying to get into BB and then walking away...i'm finally really into this game. Beat 5 bosses and am now in the Harry Potter woods just outside the city.
I think i made some mistakes in
killing Vicar Amelia and make it nighttime
before going to Old Yarnham & exploring more and
killing iosefka after exploring the bottom of the forest, who someone told me also runs an npc refuge similar to oedon chapel?
Ah well, i'm enjoying myself. I fucked up most of Dark Souls III's questlines and it's still my GOTY.

So after a couple of attempts of trying to get into BB and then walking away...i'm finally really into this game. Beat 5 bosses and am now in the Harry Potter woods just outside the city.
killing iosefka after exploring the bottom of the forest, who someone told me also runs an npc refuge similar to oedon chapel?
Ah well, i'm enjoying myself. I fucked up most of Dark Souls III's questlines and it's still my GOTY.

Iosefka gives you a unique rune if you meet her before the nightmare, dont worry most of the sidequest involves some unique non essencial runes except maybe for
Patches the spider
and the DLC rune

grmlin

I only managed to finish and find all the quests after reading/watching some guides. I fucked up Eileens quest 3 times before I actually finished it properly :D

After putting this game off for so long, I've finally spent the last 2-3 weeks playing the game on and off. I've just completed the game (backing up my save to get all 3 endings). Loved this game, loved the bosses. I loved the pace of the combat and the counter mechanic with the gun, it took a little while to nail down the timing, but after that I didn't have too many problems. I now have the DLC to tackle, which from what I heard will be even more of a challenge than the main game, but after enjoying the main game so much I can't wait to play even more.

Now I need to play all three Dark Souls games and replay Demons Souls for the heck of it, this was one of the most fun and addictive games I've played in a while.

gwailo

Banned
Thanks. I have a +6 Tonitrus so I'll try using that. I just got Ludwig's Holy Blade so I've been trying to get used to using that but I'm not really feeling it vs the Tonitrus or Saw Cleaver.

Well tonitrus is súper efective but falls later if you dont invest in arcane.

Saw cleaver is amazing against beasts and requires low stats to work

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Think I'm lost in old yarn. Unlocked the short cut to the blood hungry beast but it's too difficult during the 3rd stage, I know it's optional but other than killing that armoured gunner on the roof which I can't do since my weapons do barely any damage not sure where to go not sure where to go.
You can always spend 10k blood echoesto buy that emblem and
open that large gate in the Cathedral Ward area,
as BSBis technically optional. You can come back to it later.

silva1991

I don't have Plus anymore yet I was able to choose online

how? does the game not require Plus anymore?

reading Berserk manga again made me exited for this game again.

before making a new character I tried Orpan at BL1 and fuck it. this boss is the anti of no leveling challenge.

my main goal is to get the pizza cutter as early is possible.

I don't have Plus anymore yet I was able to choose online

how? does the game not require Plus anymore?

reading Berserk manga again made me exited for this game again.

before making a new character I tried Orpan at BL1 and fuck it. this boss is the anti of no leveling challenge.

my main goal is to get the pizza cutter as early is possible.

You need plus to see the ghosts and coop. maybe the game put itself in offline mode

You can always spend 10k blood echoesto buy that emblem and
open that large gate in the Cathedral Ward area,
as BSBis technically optional. You can come back to it later.

Yeah I ended up buying the emble for 10k as there was no other way I could go other than kill bsb. Now I'm stuck fighting vicar emliea .

I feel like if I summon an npc or real player in cheating but this game is really hard lol.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah I ended up buying the emble for 10k as there was no other way I could go other than kill bsb. Now I'm stuck fighting vicar emliea .

I feel like if I summon an npc or real player in cheating but this game is really hard lol.
Go left of Vicar Amelia's big door,
there's another area there with good loot and an easy boss, should make you plenty strong to take on BSB or Amelia after that.

Toxi

Banned
Random fanart that caught my eye

Vilebloods vs Executioners by oihara
vilebloods_vs_executioners_by_oihara-d9oxjry.jpg

Any particular stat that's more important. Right now I'm lvl 36 with str end and vit at 20
Endurance is way lower priority than any other Soulsborne game imo, it's rare I ever put any points in to it at all, unless I'm looking for a stat to dump points I wouldn't know what to do with otherwise.

Level up the stat(s) your weapon scales with, HP if you need it.

what-ok

Bloodborne was amazing. Yeah there is some glitchy weirdness at times but what a solid game. I hope they create a sequel or more games with this mechanic and atmosphere. If they did a whole game based on the Hamlet like a true HPL story I would be blown away. (=

Chalice dungeons are seriously the worst. theres just gotta be a better way to get these gems. these damn dungeons make me hate this game/not want to play it all.

Deku Tree

Chalice dungeons are seriously the worst. theres just gotta be a better way to get these gems. these damn dungeons make me hate this game/not want to play it all.

Well then don't do them if you feel that way. You don't need gems at all especially for PvP or organized FC PvP. I've seen people do NG+6 no damage OoK wins with 18.8% story gems.

Melchiah

These are wonderful. Especially love this one by Gibbs Rainock / Crowsmack

Yeah, those old style posters are some of my favorites.

EDIT: Finally managed to get the 5th Vermin, when I helped my friend to beat Laurence and Kos. I thought Valtr's quest was bugged for me at first, since the enemy hunter didn't appear by the Forbidden Woods lantern after I had crushed the first Vermin, like all the guides said he would. I guess it's been changed with patches since then? He only appeared there after I had crushed all five of them, and completed the questline. Now I can officially say, that I've done everything in the game, and collected all the unique items. Well, apart from meeting the recluse tentacled worm in the chalices.

Matt Frost

Honestly, I don't care. I don't have the time to think about some light-effects playing this game. I love the looks of it as is and the only thing that I would like to see with a NEO-Upgrade would be 60 FPS and better AA.

PS: The fan arts are amazing!

You are missing a hilarious thread: nitpicking at its finest complaining that a mountain has more fog and some light effect is missing xD

Matt Frost

So.... I just got a redeem code because of the Bloodborne Platinum achievement? To download a Platinum Hunter theme... is this legit?

Matt Frost

Yes. Platinum trophy grants you a theme. I wish other games did something similar.

Ok I received it in my mail so got me suspicious. Will download it. Thanks!

And I wish every game did this, I would have a Dark Souls 3 and Destiny Platinum theme as well. And could even invest on other games if they were the case (FEZ and Journey comes to mind)

Melchiah

Ok I received it in my mail so got me suspicious. Will download it. Thanks!

And I wish every game did this, I would have a Dark Souls 3 and Destiny Platinum theme as well. And could even invest on other games if they were the case (FEZ and Journey comes to mind)

It's a pretty good theme, but I think the Hunter's Dream theme is better.

I'd love to have platinum theme for Resogun and Driveclub as well myself.

Matt Frost

It's a pretty good theme, but I think the Hunter's Dream theme is better.

I'd love to have platinum theme for Resogun and Driveclub as well myself.

I am looking to change my 20 years of PS theme with something new... hope the Platinum one will be it, if not I will take a look at Hunter's Dream, Journey or Firewatch ones...

Melchiah

I am looking to change my 20 years of PS theme with something new... hope the Platinum one will be it, if not I will take a look at Hunter's Dream, Journey or Firewatch ones...

Hunter's Dream is animated, has varied backgrounds, with the doll in them, and music. I think it's one of the best themes overall. You can probably find a video of it on YouTube.

Ferr986

Journey and Hunter's theme are my go to themes for my PS4

Hunter theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vipTsS3mCY

Journey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemXqLt1xdU

Wait, did they release a new patch for Bloodborne?
I am thousands of miles away from home right now so can't check.

Didn't get any patch.

Matt Frost

Hunter's Dream is animated, has varied backgrounds, with the doll in them, and music. I think it's one of the best themes overall. You can probably find a video of it on YouTube.

Journey and Hunter's theme are my go to themes for my PS4

Hunter theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vipTsS3mCY

Journey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zemXqLt1xdU

I like the Hunters Dream but would rather have it without the doll on ever screen, so I will go with the Journey one. Looks amazing. Hope it sounds as good as it looks since I am on a speakerless PC right now. Thanks!

Well then don't do them if you feel that way. You don't need gems at all especially for PvP or organized FC PvP. I've seen people do NG+6 no damage OoK wins with 18.8% story gems.

I disagree. 3 gems at 27.1% makes a HUGE difference over 18.8% gems.

For instance with Chikage, you can get the uncanny chikage and the difference in that with the best bloodtinge gems can be the difference of 300ish or more damage over the normal chikage with best story gems. That is a VAST difference.

Yea sure, you may have seen people win with lesser gems in PVP. But if 2 people of equal skill are on a playing field, the Gems will make all the difference. Just a fact.

There have been plenty of fights where I have got people down to just a sliver of health and them being able to recover and come back.
those gems would have been the difference in a W or L.

This is a great podcast that actually thorougly talks about just how bad the chalice dungeons are.

It's literally like playing a very bad bloodborne game. It's like probably one of the worst games within a game I have ever played to be honest. Feels like I'm getting trolled.

And the worst part is you gotta do ALL of them to get to the good gems on new/diff characters.
If it would unlock all of them for all your characters once you go through all of them on one character? Great! but the fact it doesn't is the WORST

Deku Tree

I wish gems were account wide.

You don't need chalice gems to get through the main game even on higher NG cycles if your good.

I never said chalice gems aren't OP in PvP.

Tarkus

I can't wait for the harder Chalice Dungeons. I want to max out most of my weapons and have really good gems. Problem is that if I'm not annoyed as fuck with the Dungeons, I'm bored to death with them and I'm only on the second pre-made set.

SDR-UK

I can't wait for the harder Chalice Dungeons. I want to max out most of my weapons and have really good gems. Problem is that if I'm not annoyed as fuck with the Dungeons, I'm bored to death with them and I'm only on the second pre-made set.

Grab a CoOp buddy and talk shit or just listen to some podcasts/music in the background.

I wish gems were account wide.

You don't need chalice gems to get through the main game even on higher NG cycles if your good.

I never said chalice gems aren't OP in PvP.

I know but i dont want gems for any NG. Just for PvP. they feel neccessary for PVP when half the people you face have em...

Thats the problem with the dungeons. They are either boring/dull as fuck... Or annoying as fuck. Its the worst.

Top Bottom