• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

dmr87

I asked a couple hours ago in this thread if it was safe to pre-order/download the DLC but didn't get a response.

As I understand it the patch that everyone gets contains all the new content, the DLC you buy is just a "token" that lets you access the new area. I haven't done any research into this but I downloaded the patch earlier and it was like 9 GBs. Or maybe that was the DLC pre-load, I don't know. Didn't pay much attention to the download.

Quick question: trying to acquire the Whistle. Can I summon an NPC & have that count as a "successful co-op" session to get vermin, or do I need to be online?

I did it online, no idea if it works offline with an NPC.

I asked a couple hours ago in this thread if it was safe to pre-order/download the DLC but didn't get a response.

Recent patch possibly gets you a compatiblity content for who own and dont own the DLC, so the DLC will be just a key to unlock the content

myco666

It's harder than the main game but at that level it'll be about as easy as it gets.

Yeah definetily harder. I can see some of these enemies being pain in the ass on lower levels.

edit.
First boss down on second try. I have to say that I LOVE THIS DLC SO MUCH ALREADY. What a fantastic fight.

Ame

Most regular enemies go down in one hit with my +10 LW and I am level 120. Might be bit overleved for the beginning of the DLC.

I'm tackling the DLC tonight with a Lvl 110 character and a Lvl +10 Ludwig on NG. Sounds like I'll have the same experience. Hopefully things become more challenging as you progress. At this point I just wanna get in there and play the DLC. If the experience feels to easy, I'll play it again on NG+.

myco666

I'm level 90 with a +10 Holy Blade on NG... if the DLC is a breeze, oh well... I will just beat the game and start my first NG+ playthrough.

Well the regular enemies might be easy but not sure about bosses with that level. Try the DLC before you go to NG+. If it feels too easy then go to NG+.

Blazed

OK this makes no sense to me. I preordered the dlc and it said it will unlock at 12 am, its 3 am now. I got the ps4 theme that comes with it, but I can't access the dlc , and in the store I can still buy the dlc again. Is this some sort of bug or you can buy things you own in the store again? This is too confusing and I was hoping I will get to play some of the dlc before I slept, guess I'll try again tomorrow

Is this going to be the one? Will this be the Souls game I like? I appreciate so many aspects of these games, but my temper always seems to take over. As someone who found Dark Souls frustrating but loved Devil May Cry 3 and Ninja Gaiden Black, does Bloodborne's faster pace help?

dmr87

Oh God, this DLC on NG++++ is a nightmare. I actually used blue elixirs for something other than frenzy bitches lol.

rMAb.gif

BraXzy

Quick question, is this something that you do after you finish the main game? Or does it just add areas and stuff you can visit during the base game. I have only got part way through the original and it's in the backlog atm :3

So just pre-ordered and the download won't take (says error downloading)... has that happened to anyone else?

It happened with me too, but when I looked on my add-ons it says installed.

I think the error is because there is nothing to download (since everything is already in the patch) is only a license.

OK this makes no sense to me. I preordered the dlc and it said it will unlock at 12 am, its 3 am now. I got the ps4 theme that comes with it, but I can't access the dlc , and in the store I can still buy the dlc again. Is this some sort of bug or you can buy things you own in the store again? This is too confusing and I was hoping I will get to play some of the dlc before I slept, guess I'll try again tomorrow

No, this is not normal.

For example, is showing a timer in the add on page on the store for me(PSN US).

Dawg

Not really.
Laurence
requires some clever running around enemies, but all the others are either right next to a lantern or easy to run to in less than 20 seconds or so.

I was wondering why you were always so fast at
Laurence
again ;)

Ame

Quick question, is this something that you do after you finish the main game? Or does it just add areas and stuff you can visit during the base game. I have only got part way through the original and it's in the backlog atm :3

You can unlock The Old Hunters DLC early in the main game. It's another area with at least 15 hours of content.

Steps you need to take to unlock the area.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...-old-hunters-out-tuesday-patch-1-07-detailed/

Persona7

Banned

No, the DLC can be played without finishing the game. Advanced players can get to the point where the DLC can be played in about an hour.

Dawg

If anyone is interested in my kill stats. I was level 260+ on NG++++.

First boss
Ludwig
- 2 tries

Second Boss
Living Failures
2 tries

Third Boss
Maria
3 tries

Final Boss
Orphan of Kos
- 14 tries

Optional Boss
Laurence
- 18 tries

I think it's important to note that my character level has little impact. Considering most of my stats are hard capped, a level 160 player could have as much of a hard time as me. It all depends on your gear and gems at this point.

Dawg

WHAT THE FUCK. People need to stop being shit with spoiler tags. EDIT: Like seriously stay out of the thread if you cant slow down enough to not spoil for others.

I don't see the problem. If you were following our conversation, it was pretty obvious the spoiler text was a boss.

I don't see the problem. If you were following our conversation, it was pretty obvious the spoiler text was a boss.

No I wasnt following your conversation. The problem isnt with me scrolling down the page, its with you not using spoiler tags when you initially made the post. So im scrolling down and see what you forgot to tag.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Edit - spoilers for first boss in black

Spent a good portion of the night settling back into a groove, it's been a while since vanilla.
Got through Ludwig, what a fight. That stance change threw me off the first time, made sure I didn't repeat that mistake!

All in all, a damn fine excellent return to form for what, by now, should definitely be game of the year. I mean, even the cover says it is!

Dawg

No I wasnt following your conversation. The problem isnt with me scrolling down the page, its with you not using spoiler tags when you initially made the post. So im scrolling down and see what you forgot to tag.

Oh, damn. You're right. I didn't think anyone would see that. I pressed submit reply and forgot about it. Edited it in like two seconds or so. I honestly didn't expect anyone would see it.

So yeah, that's on me. My bad.

Oh, damn. You're right. I didn't think anyone would see that. I pressed submit reply and forgot about it. Edited it in like two seconds or so. I honestly didn't expect anyone would see it.

So yeah, that's on me. My bad.

Its fine, just try to be more careful. Glad it wasnt anything more than a name, but its obvious when it will show up. At least there was only 1 casualty.

sector4

Sorry for the dumb question, but I think I'm around level 74ish and I kept a save from right before the final boss, (late base game spoilers)
The Hunters Dream is on fire, but I can still travel around the world with this save I kept.
I never started NG+ though, will the DLC be too easy / should I start a new character, or will it be okay to jump in with this save?

Thanks in advance :)

Another important question for the people who have played the DLC already, how is the music? Listening to
Ludwig the Holy Blade
and if the rest is as good or better I feel like I am in for a treat.

Top Bottom