• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Ferr986

Tried the DLC really really fast. LVL120, NG++, Depth 5 Chalice gems.

The two regular enemies, one of them are the same beasts as Old Yarnham, they have around 800-900 HP (three hits from my Burial Blade, 2 if lucky).
Then the
hunters
roaming, they are not as strong as the NPC huntes (way less HP), although they still have a chunk of HP, like 2-3kish. Also at 40 VIT they could very well kill me with 4 or even 3 hits.

I know it's not much to judge. I'll play it tomorrow. Off to sleep! Keep the impressions coming :)

Dahbomb

Tried the DLC really really fast. LVL120, NG++, Depth 50 Chalice gems.

The two regular enemies, one of them are the same beasts as Old Yarnham, they have around 800-900 HP (three hits from my Burial Blade, 2 if lucky).
Then the
hunters
roaming, they are not as strong as the NPC huntes (way less HP), although they still have a chunk of HP, like 2kish. Also at 40 VIT they could very well kill me with 4 or even 3 hits.

I know it's not much to judge. I'll play it tomorrow. Off to sleep! Keep the impressions coming :)
Wut

myco666

2nd boss down. Took two tries and on my first try I had only 4 vials with me. The difficulty is weird in this DLC. Some enemies take shitload of hits before they go down and some go in one.

Kalentan

When does it unlock in the US?

Also so how long is the DLC?

I think Destructoid said 5 hours but others have said up to 15 hours... That's kind of a large gap. I hope it's not the usual case of it being much shorter than what they say...

sn00zer

CUiJ5kkUEAAJ40I.png

I am actually kind of amazed how much I loved Bloodborne. I used to make fun of people who playe Souls games, because why would anyone like a game that frustrating. I'm so sorry.

pixxxelz

When does it unlock in the US?

Also so how long is the DLC?

I think Destructoid said 5 hours but others have said up to 15 hours... That's kind of a large gap. I hope it's not the usual case of it being much shorter than what they say...
It unlocks at midnight on your timezone I think, mine says 5 hours 20 min (EST)

I'm on the store (i've preordered the dlc) it says: "It's not possible to select this content at the moment"

Can someone explain why?

AmyS

As I understand it the patch that everyone gets contains all the new content, the DLC you buy is just a "token" that lets you access the new area. I haven't done any research into this but I downloaded the patch earlier and it was like 9 GBs. Or maybe that was the DLC pre-load, I don't know. Didn't pay much attention to the download.

Recent patch possibly gets you a compatiblity content for who own and dont own the DLC, so the DLC will be just a key to unlock the content

Okay cool, thanks guys.

Donos

Was trucking along well till i got to the top of the stairs of the starting area but then shieeet at that
axe tentacle giant charging me into a corner and finishing me in two hits. He also fucked up another enemy before he took me as desert. Is ludwig's holy sword repelling the little beast guys? Haven't tried with another weapon

Dahbomb

CUiJ5kkUEAAJ40I.png

I am actually kind of amazed how much I loved Bloodborne. I used to make fun of people who playe Souls games, because why would anyone like a game that frustrating. I'm so sorry.
One man's frustration is another man's exhilarating challenge.

deoee

Ok so I'm from Germany, I just killed Vicar to get to the DLC Area but there is no item in the Hunters Dream? :(

One cool little touch when you head into the DLC area

The first few enemies you encounter all seem to cower away from you. Then you see the hunters mop the floor with them and understand why

dat minimalist storytelling

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Level 90 too low to go through this on NG+?

Vicar Amelia whooping my ass right now. I don't remember her being tough but it's been a long time since I played. I don't really feel like going through a NG again ugh.

myco666

Ok so I'm from Germany, I just killed Vicar to get to the DLC Area but there is no item in the Hunters Dream? :(

Touch the skull at VA boss room. That should trigger it.

DLC BOSS SPOILERS
Holy shit Maria was cool fight. Loved every second of it.

Hale_C

So should I just leave the PS4 on until midnight, and it'll unlock immediately, or am I better restarting etc?

So eager to hunt!

DLC on NG+ is probably at tier 5 Chalice Dungeon or even beyond that, hunters hits hard and sub-bosses are strong.

If you never did some of the hardest CD you gonna have a hard time.

Edit: spoiler for a certain foe encounter around the first hour of the game:
The transformed NPC hunter is one of the coolest hunter vs hunter fight in the whole game, his moveset looks extremely fun too!

deoee

Touch the skull at VA boss room. That should trigger it.

DLC BOSS SPOILERS
Holy shit Maria was cool fight. Loved every second of it.

I did...

Apparently I can buy it in the store again?
That's strange cause I bought it, got the emails and the pre order theme and the money was taken from my CC.

What THE FUCK ;_;

Vicar Amelia whooping my ass right now. I don't remember her being tough but it's been a long time since I played. I don't really feel like going through a NG again ugh.

Well the first boss in the DLC is (mechanics spoiler)
kind of like Amelia on steroids with way more health

doable but you'll have a harder time than that fight.

Donos

Naw, you are good if your weapons are +10. I'm 102 or so and manage quite well so far. Needed 24 vials and the anti healing stuff to beat VA in one go in NG+.

I did...

Apparently I can buy it in the store again?
That's strange cause I bought it, got the emails and the pre order theme and the money was taken from my CC.

What THE FUCK ;_;

Was the same with me. Even put in another 20 € in the account but the i found the eye on the stairs in the hunters dream and i know i was good.

Bedlam

German gamer here as well. Are you sure it unlocked already? There was no download yet for me, no unlock key or anything.

sn00zer

Naw, you are good if your weapons are +10. I'm 102 or so and manage quite well so far. Needed 24 vials and the anti healing stuff to beat VA in one go in NG+.
This is why I dont want to ever do a NG+. Played about 1 hr of NG+ and thought "Oh the enemies have more health....how is this fun?"

Donos

German gamer here as well. Are you sure it unlocked already? There was no download yet for me, no unlock key or anything.

There is nothing to trigger it. Go to the stairs in the dream and the eye item should be there. Played it 20 minutes after 0.00 Uhr (germany). Granted you downloaded the 1.07 10 GB patch already.

Neoweee

NG. Level 35. Am I too high? Most of those points are in Stamina at least.

I'll probably do a run into Yahar'Gul to get Tonitrus.

deoee

6 hours ago the theme said unlocks in 6 hours, I can not access the countdown anymore.
Maybe someone can check if it's up already?
It's well past midnight for sure :p

Bedlam

There is nothing to trigger it. Go to the stairs in the dream and the eye item should be there. Played it 20 minutes after 0.00 Uhr (germany)

6 hours ago the theme said unlocks in 6 hours, I can not access the countdown anymore.

Thanks guys! brb ... killing Vicar Amelia...

deoee

Ok, I restored licenses and restarted my PS4 now I've got it...
Still very funny thing to happen

Top Bottom