• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

So happy so giddly, I will play this extension, can't wait. I quit fallout and look for bloodborne. Fuck, where is my game.

fuuuuuck, I forgot, a friend of mine has it fuuuuuuck me I totally forgot...

Can't play. I'm so sad... Back to Fallout :sob:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Well the first boss in the DLC is (mechanics spoiler)
kind of like Amelia on steroids with way more health

doable but you'll have a harder time than that fight.

i think i'm actually gonna pass on this DLC. i don't have the time to get a NG to 65 or the drive to get NG+ to level 115 or whatever. never should've beat this game.

Bowler

I'm on ng+++ level 170 too much? Won't the dlc scale with ng+++?

Just made it to gert. Odviously I didn't a tempt him yet

Anung

Un Rama
Started a new character (Lavinia) and got all the way up to Vicar Amelia. I went and beat the Witches for the souls because they are easy. Sitting at about level 37 but me and two friends are going to co-op so hopefully it should balance out.

Mentok

Banned
Anybody know if the Old Hunters edition from Japan has english? If not, I need a good place to order the GOTY edition (in terms of shipping to CDN) because I definitely want a physical copy of this.

Donos

Started a new character (Lavinia) and got all the way up to Vicar Amelia. I went and beat the Witches for the souls because they are easy. Sitting at about level 37 but me and two friends are going to co-op so hopefully it should balance out.

People beat these games will almost no levels and torches and fists so everything is possible.

Blobbers

I saw something about a 100MB preload, not sure if it was here, but I never got the option.

I downloaded the 9GB patch, am just about to fight Amelia, and the Old Hunter theme just unlocked. Am I good to go once I beat
Amelia?

Mr Git

Wondered why it wasn't working. Payment failed to go through on my preorder. Weird, I have money in the account.
:C It stopped my Old Hunters theme from working.

Donos

I saw something about a 100MB preload, not sure if it was here, but I never got the option.

I downloaded the 9GB patch, am just about to fight Amelia, and the Old Hunter theme just unlocked. Am I good to go once I beat
Amelia?

Never had this 100mb thing. Just the big patch which i downloaded days ago and i was good.

cyba89

Played until
I unlocked the shortcut door on the right of the first lamp. Haven't encountered a boss yet but I collected that item in the church where VicarAmelia is in the regular game. According to the description I guess I have to beat two bosses in that first area.

Question:
Is there a gravestone in Hunters Dream to teleport directly to the DLC area? I haven't found one there.

myco666

Played until
I unlocked the shortcut door on the right of the first lamp. Haven't encountered a boss yet but I collected that item in the church where VicarAmelia is in the regular game. According to the description I guess I have to beat two bosses in that first area.

Question:
Is there a gravestone in Hunters Dream to teleport directly to the DLC area? I haven't found one there.

Yes.
The otherside of the house where the Doll hangs out sometimes.

Boke1879

Just beat Vicar Amelia again. How to head back to the Hunters dream to save. Then I'll preorder this DLC and hopefully get to it sometime this weekend lol

Ok, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to proceed after obtaining the
eye pendant.
Yes, I read the item description, but I have no idea where the
river of blood
is. Any hints?

I'm level 240 in NG+++ with every stat maxed out and well, it's Bloodborne. Stuff can really wreck you. Just died at the first boss, so I'm gonna call it a night.

DLC seems great so far:

- Found a bunch of sweet weapons.
- Cool new enemies.
- First DLC area is really cool.
- Encountered a
vanilla boss as a regular enemy

Can't wait to keep playing tomorrow.

I wonder if I should double down on Cane/Blades of Mercy or wait to check out if there is some cool new skill weapon in the DLC. In my previous playtroughs I have only used Sawcleaver, Hunter Axe and lil bit of Kirk Hammer.

ezekial45

Banned
Question, should I finish the game first before trying out the new content? I've been playing the base game off and on for the last few months, and I just beat Roma today and the Blood Moon went into affect.

I was thinking of taking a detour to try out the new content, but I'm wondering if I should power through the rest of the game and save it for the end game or next playthrough. I'm currently LVL 48, BTW.

Arjen

Question, should I finish the game first before trying out the new content? I've been playing the base game off and on for the last few months, and I just beat Roma today and the Blood Moon went into affect.

I was thinking of taking a detour to try out the new content, but I'm wondering if I should power through the rest of the game and save it for the end game or next playthrough. I'm currently LVL 48, BTW.

There are some pretty tough enemies so far. I'm level 80 with maxed Ludwig and I had trouble with some.

Persona7

Banned
So wait, this may have been addressed but when pre-ordering does PSN try to download the entire game again?

I think this is a glitch with PSN...I had this happen with a few other games. To fix it I had to cancel the download and then restart my PS4.

This didn't happen with Bloodborne though, it just downloaded the update.

Siegmeyer

lol, 2 mins in and I just got completely fucking stomped by the first hunter enemy. My +6 cane barely scratched him.

Love it.

MMaRsu

Fuck just bought the add on for the eu version but I have the us version fuck im stupid better call sony tomorrow

Persona7

Banned
So is the whole DLC included in the latest patch since it doesn't seem to download anything separate with the DLC purchase?

Yes, when I checked on the DLC timer in the menu it says "installed" after I downloaded the latest patch. When it unlocks it should download the license and you will be able to play right away.

myco666

Got to 4th boss just now. I think I am calling it quits soon and go to sleep really hard to concentrate on anything. Had to save gameplay so that I could hear some dialog since it all just went past my brain.

Have to say all bosses are some of the best in the entire game. And art direction is top notch. Really loving how these areas look.

lol, 2 mins in and I just got completely fucking stomped by the first hunter enemy. My +6 cane barely scratched him.

Love it.
Same but with a +8 saw cleaver! I'm going to need to stock up on bullets because I can't parry these chain sword dudes at all. The flame weapon weilding ones I'm OK with, their jumping attack seems really easy to parry. They're scary though, the dialogue freaked me out for some reason I wasn't really expecting it!

I got up to the Cathedral doors for the
set piece with the giant axe dude
who absolutely fucking wrecked me. I parried him a couple of times but I guess
his buff is gives an AoE which repels you and stops you from riposting, so you really want to not let him do it?

For NG? like 30, 65 is end game level, everyone is kinda overleveled
I think this depends very much on the player. I'm level 71 and the first regular enemy you encounter in the DLC absolutely trashed me, admittedly I plowed everything into skill/strength so I don't have too much HP. I would say go in as high level as you like because the enemies are tough and hit HARD.

Top Bottom