• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

I just thought of something... where the hell is supposed to be
Fishing Hamlet
geographically? When we go in front of the
astral clocktower, that clock
is supposed to be the one in front of the great cathedral no? I never saw anything in front of the the cathedral, let alone whole
fishing town

That place is "above" Yharman, the Clocktower acted as a door to that plane of the Nightmare, in some part of the Hunter Nightmare where the pizza cutter is, you can see a clam lady fell from the sky.

MilkBeard

Fishing Hamlet
is supposed to be the one in front of the great cathedral no? I never saw anything in front of the the cathedral, let alone whole
fishing town

Take a deeper look at the inaccessible water areas at the beginning of the map, o Hunter of hunters.

Fishing Hamlet
fishing town

Does "Geography" really exist in the Nightmare Realm? Floating platforms in the Frontier.

Any point in completing that one NPCs quest line or should I just kill him now so I can get the bow weapon asap.

If you kill him now, the key to Brador's cell that The Harrowed Hunter gives you at the end of his questline can be found later in the game. Other than to guide first time players, HH's only other purpose is to give the player Ludwig's weapon if they mess up talking to Ludwig after beating him. So, I don't think there's any advantage to keeping him alive if you know what you're doing.

Gestahl

lol what asshole on the dev team was the braintrust behind the two giant fishmen fight for that one weapon? It's like all the horrible Dungeon Master stories I've ever heard.

"I shoot the fishman while he's on the ceiling."

"Time and Space is distorted around the fishman on the ceiling and your bullet misses."

"Okay I rush the fishman on the ground down before the other one activates."

"Time and Space compels him to stop attacking you and regroup next to the second fishman."

It's like fucking come on. This is the only fight I can think of that's this contrived in the game. Time to look up bullshit strategies

Jin

lol what asshole on the dev team was the braintrust behind the two giant fishmen fight for that one weapon? It's like all the horrible Dungeon Master stories I've ever heard.

"I shoot the fishman while he's on the ceiling."

"Time and Space is distorted around the fishman on the ceiling and your bullet misses."

"Okay I rush the fishman on the ground down before the other one activates."

"Time and Space compels him to stop attacking you and regroup next to the second fishman."

It's like fucking come on. This is the only fight I can think of that's this contrived in the game. Time to look up bullshit strategies

I cheesed them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wybroWzTQNA

Endo Punk

Speaking of the sharkmen, why do they have invincibility on wake up? When I put one down then try rushing him the attacks miss until he is back on his feet, feels like a glitch. Needs fixing.

If you kill him now, the key to Brador's cell that The Harrowed Hunter gives you at the end of his questline can be found later in the game. Other than to guide first time players, HH's only other purpose is to give the player Ludwig's weapon if they mess up talking to Ludwig after beating him. So, I don't think there's any advantage to keeping him alive if you know what you're doing.

You can kill the head for the sword.

ethomaz

Banned
Like I said before here I'm playing the DLC using my NG+ save and I just beat the first boss in the first try (it was not that bad after all and the second form is too easy).

Now I have a little question... I don't have enough resources to upgrade all weapons so I will upgrade only one first from what I have:

Amygdalan Arm
Beasthunter Saif
Beast Cutter
Boom Hammer
Holy Moonlight Sword
Whirligig Saw

Which is the best option?

cheesekao

Like I said before here I'm playing the DLC using my NG+ save and I just beat the first boss in the first try (it was not that bad after all and the second form is too easy).

Now I have a little question... I don't have enough resources to upgrade all weapons so I will upgrade only one first from what I have:

Amygdalan Arm
Beasthunter Saif
Beast Cutter
Boom Hammer
Holy Moonlight Sword
Whirligig Saw

It's a meme weapon at this point but it's a really amazing weapon in its 2H form and that S scaling in str makes it sweeter.

You can kill the head for the sword.

I know, but some people run past Ludwig's head on the ground without doing anything to it. The HH provides a one last chance to nab it before it's gone.

Shame they don't really do anything with the Eastern hunter. Wish you could have taken him to Odeon Chapel.

It really is too bad. I know Yamamura is summonable for the Living Failures fight if you've equipped the Impurity rune...but you still have to kill him before the boss fight to get the summon sign. Before the DLC dropped, they seemed to be really promoting him, too...

casnix

Amygdalan Arm
Beasthunter Saif
Beast Cutter
Boom Hammer
Holy Moonlight Sword
Whirligig Saw

Whirligig gets my vote.

ethomaz

Banned
It's a meme weapon at this point but it's a really amazing weapon in 2H form.
I was about to give a try to Holy Moonlight Sword because I really like the Ludwig Holy Blade...

Is Whirligig Saw that good to became a meme? I will watch some videos.... why I have so little materials :p

I was about to give a try to Holy Moonlight Sword because I really like the Ludwig Holy Blade...

Is Whirligig Saw that good to became a meme? I will watch some videos.... why I have so little materials :p

Statistically, my MLS is stronger but the L2 for whirlig is too good and ends up doing way more damage in the long run.

Cut out the first four options. Between those two I would still say Whirligig since i'm assuming you're a quality build. It's basically the new boss killer for speed runs for me right now. Tonitrus was the most efficient, but this thing is phenomenal. Moonlight is very comparable, if not better. That depends you've got the stats invested in Arcane for the S rate. I think the moveset is also incredible for the MLG.

MilkBeard

You won't regret it. It's the perfect weapon to have on switch from LHB IMO.

I just wish it did a bit more damage, as I've been so spoiled by LHB....

It's probably a legit tactic with a group of three all equipped with the pizza cutter doing the L2 attack simultaneously for insane damage and stun.

Jombie

Maria cosplay:
12314426_10206361382126654_240393771531854525_o.jpg

ike_

I was really frustrated with that fight too but I do kind of love how at 50% health that giant murlock runs to to the other murlock on the ceiling and tells on you. Somewhat unique behavior for enemies in these games.

Anyways I reached the end of my rope and beat OoK tonight. Also beat some defiled chalice dungeon bosses. Completely unrelated I tried some co-op for the first time in Bloodborne tonight -- pretty helpful.

gogosox82

Finally got my bt build to the dlc. First death: got body blocked and then stunlocked to death by the
dude with the giant axe that comes out of the chapel

RedFury

Is blood tinge needed for anything?, accidently put 5pts in to it that I was trying to put in to arcane :(. I'm lvl 50 and I feel like restarting because of it. Someone talk me out of it please.

gogosox82

2nd death: Npc who looks like
Gilbert. He jumps around too much and did some crazy jump attack into a 4 hit combo. I'm impressed Gilbert, didn't know you had that in you.

Is blood tinge needed for anything?, accidently put 5pts in to it that I was trying to put in to arcane :(. I'm lvl 50 and I feel like restarting because of it. Someone talk me out of it please.

Bloodtinge makes your gun do more damage and you don't have to start over, you'll just have 5 more points in bt than you wanted. I actually did the same thing on my first play through. Thought I was leveling arcane for lhb but it was bt instead. Its sucks but you'll be fine.

Your guns scale with it. And I mean it's just 5 levels, unless you're making some sort of PVP build with an upper limit, you'll be fine.

konjak

Makes weapons with blood-based abilities stronger, and bullets. You didn't do anything horrible. It's more "horrible" to spend anything into endurance unless you're gonna do high-level PvP, it's high enough from the start.

gogosox82

Bloodlickers? Really? God i hate these things so much.

edit: guess they aren't so bad here. No jump attack that does 3/4ths of your life it seems.

Nameless

Amygdalan Arm
Beasthunter Saif
Beast Cutter
Boom Hammer
Holy Moonlight Sword
Whirligig Saw

The Moonlight Sword retired my Ludwig Blade after 160 some odd hours. Superb weapon, fun to master. Vanquished the last 4 DLC bosses with it.

gogosox82

Yeah their moveset is different and they're a lot easier to dispatch. Their physical attacks still hit pretty hard though.

Yeah, I also noticed they drop decent bloodtinge gems which is nice. There was really only like one really decent one in mensis. The rest you usually had to go to the chalices to get. Never going to to chalices ever again if you can get decent gems of the enemies here.

Yeah, I also noticed they drop decent bloodtinge gems which is nice. There was really only like one really decent one in mensis. The rest you usually had to go to the chalices to get. Never going to to chalices ever again if you can get decent gems of the enemies here.

You really hate those that much huh? Later on in the DLC there's some more adequate stuff that drops from certain enemies if memory serves me right, though nothing that matches the best gems from chalices. But then again, you don't need those unless you're going into like NG++ and beyond I guess.

gogosox82

You really hate those that much huh? Later on in the DLC there's some more adequate stuff that drops from certain enemies if memory serves me right, though nothing that matches the best gems from chalices. But then again, you don't need those unless you're going into like NG++ and beyond I guess.

Yes I do. They are really boring and not interesting. Some of bosses are interesting but the one shots are real on some of those bosses and I'm not a big fan of bosses having one attack that one shots you. Those aren't gonna touch the cursed ones obviously but I think they are decent enough that if you don't want to do the chalices you won't have to. I think you'll still need to do some of them for the chunks and rocks though but this at least takes some of the burden off doing them.

Korezo

Is the moonlight sword good at lvl 80-100? What stats should I put to get the best out of it? I was thinking about 20str and 40-50 arcane, but I don't know how this weapon scales.

Top Bottom