• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Alright, just got the DLC installed. My save is pretty much at the beginnign of an NG+ playthrough with a lvl 104 character. What's a good level to start the DLC at?

WeTeHa

Parry their right hand punch; it has a slow wind-up that's easily punished, and get behind them as they buff and back stab them. They hit hard but they're easily trivialized.

Yeah, parrying their normal right hand punch is easy. What throws me of is their leaping attack and their sack. Haven't really figured out the distance at which they perform their leap attack (which actually 1-hit KOs me at my current level, I think). Sometimes I'm quite close and they jump straight in my face, other times they jump at me when I'm so far away there is no way they'll reach me.
I guess their buff is when they briefly glow red, and afterwards they start running at you, right?

Good luck with the rest of the game! You should really get on the Dark Souls bandwagon once you're done with this and Demon's Souls!

Thanks! Still hoping for a DeS/DaS1 PS4 port, then I can play them all on the same console with the DS4 :p

I cannot beat OoK. NG++ here.

I can survive and get to phase two with evasive long play. But I can't reliably stagger for the visceral and phase two is really hard to actually fight.

Alright, just got the DLC installed. My save is pretty much at the beginnign of an NG+ playthrough with a lvl 104 character. What's a good level to start the DLC at?

I entered it at 104 today and I've been fine. Haven't had time to reach a boss yet though so that tone may change quickly haha

Most people say 120+, with a heavy emphasis on making sure you've pumped up VIT.

I entered it at 104 today and I've been fine. Haven't had time to reach a boss yet though so that tone may change quickly haha

Thanks for the input. I've got a bit to go before I can even access the DLC, so I'm sure I'll be some levels higher. I just need to learn how to play the game again. I haven't played it since I finished the game during the initial release window, as I assumed there wouldn't be any DLC at the time. I forgot so much that I had to look in the manual to see how to use Blood Vials.

:(

cheesekao

50 vit,20 end, 50/25 str/skill or skill/str or whatever main and secondary stat your build uses. This is the bare minimum for NG+ imo if you don't want to get shit stomped.

Wow made it to fishing hamlet. Place is awesome. Went down well and died lol. I've been reading so much about it I was going down lol

50 vit, 50/25 str/skill or skill/str or whatever main and secondary stat your build uses. This is the bare minimum for NG+ imo if you don't want to get shit stomped.

I think I'm alright for the time being. Even though I'm at the beginning of NG+, I'm killing everything I've come across so far in 1-2 hits.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh boy not only did we get DS2 bashing but we got "Elana/Sinh are reskin" arguments. Joy of joys.

Croc

Banned
Anyone having trouble downloading the update? My PS4 is just sitting on the download screen after starting BB and nothing is happening. Already tried restarting my console.

Endo Punk

Having beaten all the bosses this is how I rank them in terms of difficulty.

Orphan > Ludwig > Laurence > Failures > Maria.

Not a single boss I wasnt pleased with. Well done FROM.

Jombie

Omg.. the sharks... the sharks

How do you guys deal with them???

The unarmed ones are easy - they can be parried or you can dash through their attacks. The ones with the anchors - don't lock on and roll to their right. Parry time is a bit more precise. Or you could just ignore them, unless you want the Rakuyo.

Manu

Man, some people are just too good at the game. Talking to a friend right now and he killed both
Ludwig
and
Orphan
on two tries each.

It's like,

"Wait until you
Ludwig
man, I spent two hours fighting him"
"Oh yeah, I killed him already" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn skilled players lol

Jombie

Man, some people are just too good at the game. Talking to a friend right now and he killed both
Ludwig
and
Orphan
on two tries each.

It's like,

"Wait until you
Ludwig
man, I spent two hours fighting him"
"Oh yeah, I killed him already" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn skilled players lol

I beat all the bosses with only 5 or 6 deaths. It's funny because I suck at most other games.

Omg.. the sharks... the sharks

How do you guys deal with them???
This is guaranteed to be me when I first get to them:
captain-quint-jaws.gif

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.

Wait a damn minute.... cheesing the sharks - naturally nbd - BUT

how in the living hell did he not take frenzy damage from the brain ladies? Like... seriously... am i completely space cadet or something? I got frenzy gear out the yang and all it does is slow down the build up timer... not make me completely immune to the biz...

wait... is it because he's in a visceral when it procs? Does Visceral shield you from freakin frenzy damage???!!!!

Dahbomb

Wait a damn minute.... cheesing the sharks - naturally nbd - BUT

how in the living hell did he not take frenzy damage from the brain ladies? Like... seriously... am i completely space cadet or something? I got frenzy gear out the yang and all it does is slow down the build up timer... not make me completely immune to the biz...

wait... is it because he's in a visceral when it procs? Does Visceral shield you from freakin frenzy damage???!!!!
Yeah you are completely invincible during a visceral.

Mephala

X is not dodge, X is not dodge, X is not dodge, X IS NOT DODGE!

Damn you Monster Hunter controls. >.<

I had to look up where to go to start the DLC. I started a new character went around killing all sorts of stuff until I finally caved and looked it up. I absolutely gave Martyr Loggy an ass kicking though. I was really baiting to try and get the back stab in which was what got me through this boss in my low level Cane run but the cane's strong attack is faster than Ludwigs. I managed it but the timing was pretty tight.

Top Bottom