• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

Are you using flat gems and have at least 50 Arcane? Your not gonna get much out of Arcane builds unless you really put time and work into them. The arcane starting class isnt called Cruel Fate for nothing lol

Yeah but haven't farmed for gems so they are kinda shit. Using Tonitrus atm but going to change to my Arcane Cane now to see if I get better results.

edit. yeah.... 150 damage per hit...

Yeah but haven't farmed for gems so they are kinda shit. Using Tonitrus atm but going to change to my Arcane Cane now to see if I get better results.

edit. yeah.... 150 damage per hit...

Yup you need good gems. Personally I go either Fire or Bolt for specific weapons. Going straight arcane isnt really worth it IMO

myco666

Yup you need good gems. Personally I go either Fire or Bolt for specific weapons. Going straight arcane isnt really worth it IMO

I guess I should try papers. It is weird since I've done everything else in the game with this build but
Orphan of Kos
is such a pain in the ass with this build. I guess I could spam Blackeye Sky but ehhh... that takes like 100 shots.

I guess I should try papers. It is weird since I've done everything else in the game with this build but
Orphan of Kos
is such a pain in the ass with this build. I guess I could spam Blackeye Sky but ehhh... that takes like 100 shots.

Oooh yeah trying to beat Kos with a Arcane build your just starting out on sounds not fun. Also if you need decent bolt gems but dont wanna go into the chalices try farming those lightning casters in the tunnels at Fishing Hamlet. Ive seen them drop some 18% bolt which would definitely be better than whatever elemental gems are found in base game.

Finally beat (first boss spoiler)
Ludwig, I feel bad for having a +10 with +18% gems and 35 vit for it though, but I kinda need to make progress.

Again, I love the Demon's Souls inspiration for the second phase.

myco666

Oooh yeah trying to beat Kos with a Arcane build your just starting out on sounds not fun. Also if you need decent bolt gems but dont wanna go into the chalices try farming those lightning casters in the tunnels at Fishing Hamlet. Ive seen them drop some 18% bolt which would definitely be better than whatever elemental gems are found in base game.

Need to check those out then. I really don't like how Arcane builds are way harder to get actually working unlike any other build in the game. You should get decent elemental/arcane gems from the main game as pickups like you get bunch of good physical and blood gems.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Need to check those out then. I really don't like how Arcane builds are way harder to get actually working unlike any other build in the game. You should get decent elemental/arcane gems from the main game as pickups like you get bunch of good physical and blood gems.
Yeah it's ridiculous how much work you need to go through to get an arcane build viable compared to skill, strength and quality builds which are good right away, and bloodtinge which requires more effort but is still viable early enough in comparison.

myco666

Yeah it's ridiculous how much work you need to go through to get an arcane build viable compared to skill, strength and quality builds which are good right away, and bloodtinge which requires more effort but is still viable early enough in comparison.

Bloodtinge build doesn't really require any more work than Skill or Str. Just get Chikage and Evelyn or RP, 50 Bloodtinge and some BMA and you are set. With physical gems found in main game Chikages bloodmode still dishes out +500 damage per hit with 50 BT.

FHIZ

Okay... Optional boss... HOW?! I can barely get to the second stage, his first stage attacks feel like they operate on 360 degrees.

dan2026

Holy fucking shit those bobble headed fucks in the research hall are pissing me off.

I can kill 20 of them only for one to do his little pissy combo and kill me.

Fuck that shit.

Bloodtinge build doesn't really require any more work than Skill or Str. Just get Chikage and Evelyn or RP, 50 Bloodtinge and some BMA and you are set. With physical gems found in main game Chikages bloodmode still dishes out +500 damage per hit with 50 BT.

I mean, getting to Chikage and Evelyn with a pure Bloodtinge build is a bit of a bother, but you can actually build a decent amount of Skill early instead and it's fine.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah but you need to progress further into the game before getting the goodies, and killing Martyr Logarius at low level can be pretty challenging. Whereas with Skill or Strength builds you can obtain good stuff like the cane, axe, kirkhammer, and even blades of mercy really early on.

myco666

Yeah but you need to progress further into the game before getting the goodies, and killing Martyr Logarius at low level can be pretty challenging. Whereas with Skill or Strength builds you can obtain good stuff like the cane, axe, kirkhammer, and even blades of mercy really early on.

That is true. There definitely should be atleast one BT and ARC weapon early in the game. Was disappointing to see that DLC didn't 'fix' that issue.

neoism

would someone help me with Lawrence please not sure why i cant best him...

ng+ lv220 lol

anyone here close to that..?

psn ne0ism-

Jeb

Can I get a hint to where I can find the NPC with the bow and arrow?
Saw him near the short cut to the lamp before Lidwig, then at the research hall, but haven't seen him since.
Beat the DLC since then.

Ferr986

So I think the new doll dialogues aren't even translated in the spanish version. Every time that dialog should pop, the doll just takes me straight to her menu.

Can I get a hint to where I can find the NPC with the bow and arrow?
Saw him near the short cut to the lamp before Lidwig, then at the research hall, but haven't seen him since.
Beat the DLC since then.

Assuming you talk to him at the research hall? He should be at the next lamp post in the fishing village.

Akara

Banned
Orphan of Kos

Black Sky Eye works against him but you have to time it and it does take like 100 shots. Iwouldn't recommend it -did this and was hardest battle for me in the whole game--

btw Rakuyo's L2 is bae.

Marc

Keep getting
Laurence
to final slimmer of health and he goes mental and spam attacks me to death. Lava everywhere stunning me and dodges don't go far enough to avoid him, or pinning me in a corner.

Fuck this guy, haven't got PS+ to save my arse either. :(

Finalow

amazing.

I summoned one of the Madaras Twins NPCs, got invaded by someone, Madaras Twin one-shotted the invader with Madaras Whistle while I was killing other mobs.

10/10

Elios83

So guys do you think the DLC is worth 20$?
I loved the game and I'd like something that also fills the plot holes that were present in the original.
I'm a bit bummed by the fact that after so many months that I've not played it, it will be really hard to start directly from the DLC. I might better start the whole game from the beginning with the DLC so that I go again through the learning curve.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Gonna make a run through tonight to pick up the rest of the armor i've missed in the DLC and then take on the Vicar. Savin OoK for my birthday tomorrow!!

Been thinking about switching over to my arcane build character to try and cheese my way to the
Ludwig
for dat sword.

I think he's (my arcane) around level 70 or 80. But it's such a pure arcane build the new church giants terrify me. Not to mention Fire Hammer hunters. Imma scurred.

So guys do you think the DLC is worth 20$?
I loved the game and I'd like something that also fills the plot holes that were present in the original.
I'm a bit bummed by the fact that after so many months that I've not played it, it will be really hard to start directly from the DLC. I might better start the whole game from the beginning with the DLC so that I go again through the learning curve.

Yes if you like the base game. I started a new character when the DLC was released. There is alot of fun new weapons and a 2-3 great boss fights. You can access the DLC early but IMO a end game content and level ~60 is what I seem as the recommended level for the DLC.

Top Bottom