• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

ironcreed

Banned
Whew, Ludwig down. Brutal.

12289480_989921747738259_335940334612413455_n.jpg

Ryan7556

Neo Member
I could have sworn I read somewhere that the expansion didn't scale with NG+ but judging from posts here it does?

I didn't want to start a new game, so I can't tell if I'm just rusty or if playing this on NG++++ was a bad idea.

All souls games DLCs have scaled with NG+ cycles, and yes playing it on NG++++ first would probably be a really bad idea. The final DLC boss required me to summon people to beat it since I was having a lot of trouble on my own, and that was just on NG alone.

norog

All souls games DLCs have scaled with NG+ cycles, and yes playing it on NG++++ first would probably be a really bad idea. The final DLC boss required me to summon people to beat it since I was having a lot of trouble on my own, and that was just on NG alone.

To be honest it's only the axe guys and bosses that are being a bit of a hassle. I guess I'll just keep rolling for now and contemplate how I want to do this, then.

So me and my friends are trying to unsuccessfully beat Ludwig, and right after the cutscene for his 2nd form.... he just dies. Known glitch?

2AdEPT

So me and my friends are trying to unsuccessfully beat Ludwig, and right after the cutscene for his 2nd form.... he just dies. Known glitch?

I have been doing a lot of co-op helping others for the 5 vials per run and it hasnt happened to me yet. BUt I did engage BSB in the blood river and he disappeared.....then when I came back after re-loading his item was sitting where he was originally positioned.

Best way to handle the brain trusts in hamlet?

Been trying tricks to get the weapon down the well like bone marrow ash with my bloodtinge build but it looks like summoning two helpers is whats going to finally do it.

PSN adepterik2

edit: shaman blades also appear to be recommended.

Yep, I don't think anyone knows the cause, it seems to require co-op though.

Yeah I've heard of this happening. Don't know what the deal with it is haha

I have been doing a lot of co-op helping others for the 5 vials per run and it hasnt happened to me yet. BUt I did engage BSB in the blood river and he disappeared.....then when I came back after re-loading his item was sitting where he was originally positioned.

Been trying tricks to get the weapon down the well like bone marrow ash with my bloodtinge build but it looks like summoning two helpers is whats going to finally do it.

PSN adepterik2
Ah okay. I was starting to think the game was taking pity on us for being so bad. xD

fucking O
rphan of Ko
s jesus christ.

first BB boss i've ever summoned help for because i just wasn't feeling it. what a bastard. realizing how far i could go into the water helped a ton though.

PSN adepterik2

edit: shaman blades also appear to be recommended.
Shiiet I somehow managed to get past the trusts and kill the sharks on my 3rd try. That was rough! If you need help let me know!

Parry them and go in for the visceral as your frenzy is about to fill. You wont lose health.
I ended up just stacking frenzy resist and YOLO'ing them with LHB lol.

Fhtagn

...New doll dialogues? Wot?

Apparently they don't happen if you're at the final boss in your main game.

She says a couple new lines after
Maria
is killed and then again more new ones after
OoK
. Maybe after
Nightmare Slain
in that latter case actually.

2AdEPT

Shiiet I somehow managed to get past the trusts and kill the sharks on my 3rd try. That was rough! If you need help let me know!

I ended up just stacking frenzy resist and YOLO'ing them with LHB lol.

Sorry thought he meant the sharks, the brain trusts just require YOLO, that is all.
a nice buig health bar or sedative or two doesnt hurt

btw there is a shortcut to the ladder that does not require the braintrust route as well.
jsut go backwards toward the ladder from the lighthouse lamp and instead of fighting too many enemies just veer rigth and jump downt he rocks
toward the ladder.

2AdEPT

not feeling the simon bowblade. the blade part is easily the worst weapon in the game, the bow part is cool, but it doesnt do half as much damage at +8 as my repeating pistol at +9 with bone marrow ash. I guess it uses half the bullets but it just doesnt provide the same ease of transfer that the chikage and pistol do. Am I the only one who feels htis way...have seen lots of postive for bowblade so far? I guess the range is also substantially longer?

not feeling the simon bowblade. the blade part is easily the worst weapon in the game, the bow part is cool, but it doesnt do half as much damage at +8 as my repeating pistol at +9 with bone marrow ash. I guess it uses half the bullets but it just doesnt provide the same ease of transfer that the chikage and pistol do. Am I the only one who feels htis way...have seen lots of postive for bowblade so far? I guess the range is also substantially longer?
The bow isn't supposed to out-damage pistols (ESPECIALLY not the repeating pistol), but it will still put dents in bosses and easily stagger mobs, without using up any BMAs.

Curufinwe

I beat OoK already so I can't get help for the well fight.

I tried a strategy of using range attacks from the ledge but the first enemy just goes crazy beneath me and I don't have anything to aim at. And his weapon goes up over and thru the ledge.

Yeah I believe so. It's also that the charged bowblade shot, at 50 BT for me at least, does only a bit less damage than a BMA empowered Evelyn. Thing here is, you only get 10 shots of BMA per fight, after that the gun becomes near useless where the bow never loses it's power as long as you have bullets/vials. So purely from an efficiency standpoint, it's the most powerful ranged weapon out there.

That said, I do agree with the bladeform not having much use, so I always feel the Bowblade is at its best as a supplementary weapon to a good close ranged one like the Chikage.

Essay

The bow isn't supposed to out-damage pistols (ESPECIALLY not the repeating pistol), but it will still put dents in bosses and easily stagger mobs, without using up any BMAs.

I just like the transition attack from normal mode to bow mode, and how it builds space. I found out the hard way today that that move is parriable though. :(

2AdEPT

I beat OoK already so I can't get help for the well fight.

I tried a strategy of using range attacks from the ledge but the first enemy just goes crazy beneath me and I don't have anything to aim at. And his weapon goes up over and thru the ledge.

Im giving the bow blade a chance here and usign the shaman blades. At least once so far I shaman bladed his ass and then shot a backstab arrow into his ass...gonna keep trying this...otherwise its back to the repeating pistol and all 10 bone marrow ash...i got him down to the second dude with the BMA but didt know about the shaman blade at that point.

LiK

Requesting help with
Laurence
in NG+. Password is gafhunt

I'm ringing the bell.

Edit: nm, no one showing up. Back to no password.

gogosox82

These
shark dudes in Fishing Halmet
are unreal. Why do they have to have a jump attack that takes off 75% of your life? So I'm just supposed to run past these guys right? I see no benefit to killing them as of now.

These
shark dudes in Fishing Halmet
are unreal. Why do they have to have a jump attack that takes off 75% of your life? So I'm just supposed to run past these guys right? I see no benefit to killing them as of now.

If you can, sure. They're not worth the trouble outside of the ones in the well.

Dynedom

Took L
aurence
down to 40% on my first try with
Valtir
but got annihilated once I lost him (level 98).

Ended up getting him on the second run with
Valtir
and a friend. A +10 Whirlygig with Bolt Paper (and my buddy using a +10 Rakuyo with Bolt) did pretty damn good damage.

Onto the Chalices!

Curufinwe

Im giving the bow blade a chance here and usign the shaman blades. At least once so far I shaman bladed his ass and then shot a backstab arrow into his ass...gonna keep trying this...otherwise its back to the repeating pistol and all 10 bone marrow ash...i got him down to the second dude with the BMA but didt know about the shaman blade at that point.

I figured out how far back to run in the tunnel so that when I returned I was facing his back and could get three charge arrows in. Then when his buddy dropped down I was able to connect with a shaman bone and that was pretty much it.

LiK

Man, not even my coop randoms can survive long enough til second phase of
Laurence
. Fucking annoying.

To be honest it's only the axe guys and bosses that are being a bit of a hassle. I guess I'll just keep rolling for now and contemplate how I want to do this, then.

To be honest, the only part that really, really bothered me on NG++++ was the optional boss. The boss's health bar is obscenely large on higher NG+ cycles, and it seems like the pacing of the fight was pretty poor to begin with, so every phase ends up overstaying its welcome...

... by a factor of like five. Yeah. Particularly, the last phase seems like it's supposed to be this intense, desperate damage-race of relatively brief duration, that instead drags on into a cheese-fest (for you or the boss, depending on who wins it) that fizzles out like a wet fart due to the extended duration.

So, might want to play it on NG/NG+ just for a better experience, if not for the more reasonable difficulty.

Well I just got passed it and reached the lamp. Is it worth going into the well and fighting one of those dudes?

For the weapon they drop, yeah. But a bit further on you'll reach a ledge where you can see the fuckers walking around and they can't reach you. If you have anything decent in terms of ranged stuff and whatnot, it's probably worth taking them out from there. Actually, even if you don't, the lamp you are at now is closer to them then the other one that leads to the well.

Man, not even my coop randoms can survive long enough til second phase of
Laurence
. Fucking annoying.

I can help too if you're still looking for people.

LiK

Thanks for the offer guys. Managed to find one random that helped destroy him. Another random actually joined right after we went into fog gate and he got destroyed, lol. One more boss to go! Glad that's over with.

Now I need to look up a guide on where to go. I dunno where the final boss of DLC is.

Whats better for Skill, Church pick or Burial Blade?

Also whats the best secondary stat to level up for said weapon? I appreciate the help.

I'm around and hunting for a bit if anyone needs help, particularly on higher NG+ cycles. (I mean, I guess I can help on lower cycles with the password system, too, but it might feel a bit cheesy since I'm running around it like Level 250.)

LiK

Anyone wanna help me with that cave in the early area in DLC? That Hunter inside is annoying as fuck. I'm in NG+

I'm around and hunting for a bit if anyone needs help, particularly on higher NG+ cycles. (I mean, I guess I can help on lower cycles with the password system, too, but it might feel a bit cheesy since I'm running around it like Level 250.)

Wanna roll with me in the early level in DLC? I need help with a Hunter.

Anyone wanna help me with that cave in the early area in DLC? That Hunter inside is annoying as fuck. I'm in NG+

Wanna roll with me in the early level in DLC? I need help with a Hunter.

Not sure why it wouldn't have summoned me, as I'm in the Hunter's Nightmare area (I figured people would probably want help with the boss there). Are you using the password matching?

Top Bottom