• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

duckroll

JMPovoa said:
With that you mean that it's not of the same quality of present DQ and FF offerings, or that it's just too different from those two?

Considering the fact that he was replying to a post about the first day SALES, what do you think he's talking about? :)

duckroll

Why is it that when I click on this thread now, I get a Sony FEEL ad banner at the bottom? Is it a sign?! :lol

I'm just mad cause this boss is kicking my ass now, I suck. :(

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Why is it that when I click on this thread now, I get a Sony FEEL ad banner at the bottom? Is it a sign?! :lol

I'm just mad cause this boss is kicking my ass now, I suck. :(
I I see a "Playstation 3 Now Available" banner at ad the top. :lol

well, i finished the first DVD, it took me 23 hours, that's because i got stuck in a pair of points of the game, i don't know a simple word in japanese =P , and i didn't play it in a rush, i wanted to taste its flavour, and oh god, this game it pretty awesome. can't wait to get the european version!!

duckroll

ARGHAGRHAGGRAHGH! Okay, this battle is BULLSHIT! >_<

Edit: I think I'm just going to play more MPO in bed and ignore Blue Dragon for a day. :(

Shoho

Banned
Tenacious-V said:
70,000 on day 1? That's awesome. This game deserves it!

catfear.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Finished disc 1 at around 13:30. Still liking the game. Boss fights are awesome and if you plan your job/skills correctly most finished under 2 mins. Normal fights are still a bit zzz since the enemies are easy and don't do much damage. Looking forward to the normal fights picking up in challenge.

Disc 1 also had some really cool areas to counter the zzz areas that trin is talking about. Hopefully disc 2/3 consist more of the interesting locations than the other.

Personally I think they should have released this in the summer, rather than the winter with a dozen other really top class games out. Hopefully LO improves from the messy demo into something of BD's quality, because it's likely to be the only big rpg summer 2007 and that'd be a huge selling chance for Mistwalker.

Bebpo

Banned
intheinbetween said:
i still think Blue Dragon looks much better than eM

I agree. But as a low-budget From Soft. game [EM] holds up really well to a 25 million dollar rpg ;)

vspectra06 said:
Amazing.

Can you tell there are self-shadows when you walk around Bebpo? It's hard to see it in the screens.

I'm pretty sure there's no self-shadowing in real-time gameplay or cutscenes. Also even though there is non pop-up for gameplay objects, there is a lot of daytona USA saturn style pop-up for shadows. You'll walk towards a building and suddenly the shadow will appear, take a step back and it disappears. Not really an issue at all but it's a bit funny when it happens.

Shoho

Banned
holy crap. EM looks good though. Is enchant arms a good game?

Otogi 1 and 2 are some of the most insane games I have played in my life. go from software!!!

Bebpo

Banned
Shoho said:
holy crap. EM looks good though. Is enchant arms a good game?

Otogi 1 and 2 are some of the most insane games I have played in my life. go from software!!!

Yeah, it's a nice B-level rpg. The battle system is great and the environments are really stunning at times. The story is generic-total, but the cast is likeable. Dungeons are pretty good, and it's a nice length at about 40 hours + secrets. Visually, geometery is still a bit blocky and BD kicks its ass in that department, but [EM] has a lot of really nice texture work and some great HDR lighting. For a first effort in the rpg category by the Otogi team it's very much a success.

TheDuce22

Banned
There are some amazing looking areas in Enchanted Arm. Like that golden palace in Kyoto. I cant believe anyone ever compared it to a PS2 game.

Bebpo said:

when i got to that village, i felt a Zelda the Wind Waker vibe, the style of the living-paintings reminded me a lot of that Zelda, beautiful. as i got impressed with the effect of broken walls there too.

eM, is a "solid" RPG, B-Level, as Bebpo said, however it's the first FromSoftware's JRPG, so it's a nice start for them.. anyway.. I WANT MY OTOGI 3!!!! (don't wanna even waste my words asking for BC for Otogi I & II...)

Blue Dragon is really beautiful, i've never seen such a water... and the models for the castle, rooms, halls, inns, stores, houses, camps, etc.. don't have much to envy to Oblivion

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Bebpo said:
I agree. But as a low-budget From Soft. game [EM] holds up really well to a 25 million dollar rpg ;)
EM's Canyon was the most beautiful area of the game though ;)

Bebpo said:
I'm pretty sure there's no self-shadowing in real-time gameplay or cutscenes. Also even though there is non pop-up for gameplay objects, there is a lot of daytona USA saturn style pop-up for shadows. You'll walk towards a building and suddenly the shadow will appear, take a step back and it disappears. Not really an issue at all but it's a bit funny when it happens.
There is self shadowing in the cutscenes.

Bebpo

Banned
My favorite water is still Just Cause X360, and then Gears for the water in Canals MP, but yeah BD is probably behind that.

Orlics

Bebpo said:
My favorite water is still Just Cause X360, and then Gears for the water in Canals MP, but yeah BD is probably behind that.

With proper mods the water in Oblivion can look really, really good.

dante786

Banned
Holyyyy crap this game is gorgeous. I haven't really looked foward to a JRPG in a looong time, and I've never been big on them, but this one really has me interested. It will be the first JRPG I'll have bought since FFVIII. Is just so appealing, cant wait.

Blue Dragon OST tracklist:

Disc 1 - Playing Time 55:57
01 Waterside 1:54
02 Bell of Grief 2:13
03 The Earth Shark is Coming! 2:04
04 Crisis 0:43
05 Mysterious Village 1:44
06 Dragon Fight! 1:32
07 Thumb Up! 0:33
08 Everyday Tranquility 1:30
09 Mystery of the Ancient Machine 2:03
10 Challenge 1:00
11 Omen 2:48
12 In Search of the Ruins 1:57
13 Ruins 3:51
14 High Speed Flight 1:30
15 Anger and Sorrow 2:54
16 My Tears and the Sky 5:36
17 Cave 4:21
18 City Lights 1:59
19 Desolate Town 1:59
20 Advancing Ground 2:45
21 BAD BUT BAT 3:20
22 Trip! 1:27
23 Smiling Face 2:25
24 Knock It Down 1:54
25 Army of the Holy Sword 1:55

Disc 2 - Playing Time 1:10:59
01 Gibral Castle 3:12
02 Zola's Theme 1:53
03 A Bit of Fight 1:46
04 Frozen Village 2:10
05 Nene's Paradise 3:19
06 Giant Mechat 2:59
07 Advance! Drill Machine 2:01
08 Debbie, the Tribe of Dance Lovers 2:01
09 The Ancients 2:10
10 Ancient Stronghold 2:44
11 Machine Temple 2:03
12 The Road to Gibral 3:07
13 Mechabots Army Charges! 2:22
14 Land of Happiness 1:49
15 Village of Wall Paintings 2:00
16 Peaceful Waterside 2:25
17 Uneasy Night 1:50
18 Eternity 3:52
19 Mechat Takes Off! 1:28
20 Take Back the Shadow! 2:00
21 State of Emergency 2:05
22 CAVERN 2:50
23 Revival of the Ancients 2:56
24 Release the Seal 4:48
25 Happy Birthday 4:21
26 Blue Dragon Main Theme 3:18
27 Waterside ~for Piano and Orchestra~ 3:30

edit: Will be out in two days.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Bebpo said:
Finished disc 1 at around 13:30. Still liking the game. Boss fights are awesome and if you plan your job/skills correctly most finished under 2 mins. Normal fights are still a bit zzz since the enemies are easy and don't do much damage. Looking forward to the normal fights picking up in challenge.

Disc 1 also had some really cool areas to counter the zzz areas that trin is talking about. Hopefully disc 2/3 consist more of the interesting locations than the other.

Personally I think they should have released this in the summer, rather than the winter with a dozen other really top class games out. Hopefully LO improves from the messy demo into something of BD's quality, because it's likely to be the only big rpg summer 2007 and that'd be a huge selling chance for Mistwalker.

Does it live up to the Famitsu score and the hype surrounding the game now that you're done with the first disc?

Snaku

Banned
FateBreaker said:
Blue Dragon OST tracklist:

Disc 1 - Playing Time 55:57
01 Waterside 1:54
02 Bell of Grief 2:13
03 The Earth Shark is Coming! 2:04
04 Crisis 0:43
05 Mysterious Village 1:44
06 Dragon Fight! 1:32
07 Thumb Up! 0:33
08 Everyday Tranquility 1:30
09 Mystery of the Ancient Machine 2:03
10 Challenge 1:00
11 Omen 2:48
12 In Search of the Ruins 1:57
13 Ruins 3:51
14 High Speed Flight 1:30
15 Anger and Sorrow 2:54
16 My Tears and the Sky 5:36
17 Cave 4:21
18 City Lights 1:59
19 Desolate Town 1:59
20 Advancing Ground 2:45
21 BAD BUT BAT 3:20
22 Trip! 1:27
23 Smiling Face 2:25
24 Knock It Down 1:54
25 Army of the Holy Sword 1:55

Disc 2 - Playing Time 1:10:59
01 Gibral Castle 3:12
02 Zola's Theme 1:53
03 A Bit of Fight 1:46
04 Frozen Village 2:10
05 Nene's Paradise 3:19
06 Giant Mechat 2:59
07 Advance! Drill Machine 2:01
08 Debbie, the Tribe of Dance Lovers 2:01
09 The Ancients 2:10
10 Ancient Stronghold 2:44
11 Machine Temple 2:03
12 The Road to Gibral 3:07
13 Mechabots Army Charges! 2:22
14 Land of Happiness 1:49
15 Village of Wall Paintings 2:00
16 Peaceful Waterside 2:25
17 Uneasy Night 1:50
18 Eternity 3:52
19 Mechat Takes Off! 1:28
20 Take Back the Shadow! 2:00
21 State of Emergency 2:05
22 CAVERN 2:50
23 Revival of the Ancients 2:56
24 Release the Seal 4:48
25 Happy Birthday 4:21
26 Blue Dragon Main Theme 3:18
27 Waterside ~for Piano and Orchestra~ 3:30

edit: Will be out in two days.

Oh man, can't wait for this.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
dirtmonkey37 said:
Does it live up to the Famitsu score and the hype surrounding the game now that you're done with the first disc?

And to expand on that, can you (please, please, please) make a long post about the all of the game's aspects and how they compare to other games etc.?

I take it, from your posts, that there are no puzzles....which frightens me, just a little bit. Is it just battle after battle after battle, which is perfectly fine for a linear RPG if the story and characters are worth caring about but you said that the characters are as developed as those of FFIII....

Troidal

Finally started playing over the weekend.

I will say though that Blue Dragon is definitely pushing 360 units here. I was surprised one of my co-workers picked up a 360 just for this game. And this guy hasn’t bought or played games in years (he's played old DQ/FF). I mean how crazy is that? I'm sure there were others who bought it for the same reason.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Do you guys think 70K in one day good over there (in JPN) for a new RPG IP? Perosnally, it sounds like a pretty solid number for what BD is anyways, but I'd still like to ask others of their thoughts.

Will it even pick up? Will it sell 20K tomorrow? Will it sell 10K the next day? What's the pattern going to be, if there even is one?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
In the screenshots you can tell the game looks absolutely solid. The artwork in the game looks amazing too.

It makes me want to see old school games remade with the same visual fidelity that Blue Dragon has.

JMPovoa

dirtmonkey37 said:
Do you guys think 70K in one day good over there (in JPN) for a new RPG IP? Perosnally, it sounds like a pretty solid number for what BD is anyways, but I'd still like to ask others of their thoughts.

Will it even pick up? Will it sell 20K tomorrow? Will it sell 10K the next day? What's the pattern going to be, if there even is one?

For an Xbox360 RPG it's an admirable number. Were it a PS2 RPG it would've sold a lot more though.

fernoca

Hmm..
Why is everyone suddenly praising eM??
Like, when I had it..when it was released (along with the bundled comic book)...everyone hated it..said it was generic and a Pokemon ripoff...(even tough I liked it..also liked the fact that one of the 3 main charatcers was openly ..albeit cliched and exagerated...gay)

So, is eM..cool now??

Top Bottom