• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

duckroll

Okay, first a disclaimer. I'm playing on my monitor and I have a shitty digicam! Don't kill me when you click on the image and the blown up one looks pretty horrible! :lol

jimbo

Banned
duckroll said:
Okay, first a disclaimer. I'm playing on my monitor and I have a shitty digicam! Don't kill me when you click on the image and the blown up one looks pretty horrible! :lol

Holy crap! Just when I thought this game couldn't wow me anymore, you post these pics. This is so freaking old school Chrono Trigger/Dragon Quest looking awesomeness. WHEN IS THIS GAME COMING TO THE US?

duckroll

GhaleonEB said:
Even in the poor resolution those pics are in, the water looks amazing. :eek

The water is really, really amazing. The motion of the airship is great too. If you remember the old test video they showed at TGS showing the airship moving around and doing stunts.... well you can't actually do that and the camera isn't cinematic, but the motion is pretty much identical. It moves really gracefully and feels fun to fly around in.

Oh and for those that have asked about OPTIONAL stuff in the game: When you get the airship, yellow spots appear all over your actual world map display marking "interesting" spots that were previously unaccessible. I flew around a few of them. One place was a town I haven't been to before, another looked like a normal treasure chest from the air, but once I landed my ship and approached it.... a giant boss enemy thing appeared guarding it. I didn't try to fight it yet, but I'm it's really nice to have stuff like that littered all over the map to get you to fly around and explore. :D

pilonv1

Much appreciated duckroll :)

Oh and for those that have asked about OPTIONAL stuff in the game: When you get the airship, yellow spots appear all over your actual world map display marking "interesting" spots that were previously unaccessible. I flew around a few of them. One place was a town I haven't been to before, another looked like a normal treasure chest from the air, but once I landed my ship and approached it.... a giant boss enemy thing appeared guarding it. I didn't try to fight it yet, but I'm it's really nice to have stuff like that littered all over the map to get you to fly around and explore

That sounds awesome, I wish this was coming out here sooner.

duckroll said:

Must have, just for this part alone. :)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
duckroll said:
The water is really, really amazing. The motion of the airship is great too. If you remember the old test video they showed at TGS showing the airship moving around and doing stunts.... well you can't actually do that and the camera isn't cinematic, but the motion is pretty much identical. It moves really gracefully and feels fun to fly around in.

Oh and for those that have asked about OPTIONAL stuff in the game: When you get the airship, yellow spots appear all over your actual world map display marking "interesting" spots that were previously unaccessible. I flew around a few of them. One place was a town I haven't been to before, another looked like a normal treasure chest from the air, but once I landed my ship and approached it.... a giant boss enemy thing appeared guarding it. I didn't try to fight it yet, but I'm it's really nice to have stuff like that littered all over the map to get you to fly around and explore. :D

Oh god oh god oh god :D :D :D

I was waiting for someone to post about optional stuff. This game is miiiiinnneee

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Yes! The battle music! I love that song. And I may be one of the few that love the boss song...lyrics and all.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Doomgaze-MWFR said:

Added mp3's.

Emenis said:

BTW: Doom is that your site?

GhaleonEB

DarknessTear said:
I'm listening to the soundtrack, seems to be a lot of.. non-serious songs so far.
This is the first time I've listened to the music. The Cave is wonderful, but yeah...the rest is a bit too "poppy". johhnyram, how's the mix of music in the game?

goldenpp72 said:
So you expected the music to be super serious dark emo gangsta?

It's like little random flutes and boingy sounds and animals making noises and shit. Is that a better example for you?

Anyway, the soundtrack is great stuff at some points.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
goldenpp72 said:
So you expected the music to be super serious dark emo gangsta?

Why must criticisms on one spectrum be met with complete opposite remark to discredit the original opinion. That shit is annoying and its been happening more often on GAF now.

I also agree with DarknessTear, the music seems more uplifting and not as serious. I was expecting this though.

Yeah it's not that I mind. I just expected super epic like the AWESOME WORLD MAP THEME.

Really though, this soundtrack is solid so far. I'm at track 20 on disc 1.

And before people ask me for it in PM: I actually bought it. :T

goldenpp72

he said non serious, to me that would imply someone expected a more serious tone? I dunno thats not what I think when I see the game in general, though in my opinion it has plenty of 'serious' music too, doesn't bother me from what im listening to.

Jonnyram

GhaleonEB said:
This is the first time I've listened to the music. The Cave is wonderful, but yeah...the rest is a bit too "poppy". johhnyram, how's the mix of music in the game?
Of course those songs are poppy - they're from the two singles :)
In game it's a really good RPG music. I don't know how else to describe it. The mix of genres is similar to FFVII but with better instruments.

Ra\/en

wow, i have been on the fence about this game for a while, but reading this thread has really made me want to get it!

I can't wait till it hits in the US!. I guess I got a while to wait though...

GhaleonEB

Jonnyram said:
Of course those songs are poppy - they're from the two singles :)
In game it's a really good RPG music. I don't know how else to describe it. The mix of genres is similar to FFVII but with better instruments.
cool, thanks.

The last Japanese RPG I bought was for the Dreamcast (Skies of Arcadia). This will be my next. Looks, and sounds, wonderful.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
duckroll said:
So it's the same map as usual, except with the airship, right? No fights while using it?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I just watched the TGS demo video from the press conference, and noticed how incredibly powerful the characters and the boss were. Did you guys already reach that point and was it like that for you (all characters with 999 HP, boss doing 300 HP damage to all characters in one swipe), or did they increase the numbers for the demo?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
RaijinFY said:
A lil side note but apparently, the game is extremely appreciated by japanese gamers.
Yeah I've been told word of mouth was excellent by a few friends in Japan. And not just among hardcore gamers.

Borys

Banned
Goddamn this is what FF12 should have been. I love the screens, love the ship/ baloon/ zeppelin and love the overworld. Keep the screenies coming, P L E A S E.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'll have some more screens as soon as I reach some really interesting looking places. The mural village has to be experienced in motion, it's not as impressive in screens. Hopefully I'll reach the city soon :)

Bebpo

Banned
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss225008.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss225017.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss225019.jpg

Blimblim said:
I just watched the TGS demo video from the press conference, and noticed how incredibly powerful the characters and the boss were. Did you guys already reach that point and was it like that for you (all characters with 999 HP, boss doing 300 HP damage to all characters in one swipe), or did they increase the numbers for the demo?

It was a demo to show-off all the high-end stuff in a low-end area. The stats were maxed and I'm pretty sure they had every spell in the game available. Also that boss
is not the boss you fight there :p

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Bebpo said:
It was a demo to show-off all the high-end stuff in a low-end area. The stats were maxed and I'm pretty sure they had every spell in the game available. Also that boss
is not the boss you fight there :p
Yeah they had all spells available alright. Glad about the spoiler too :)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Munba said:
How the story is so far?

Munba
Can't really comment on the story, but so far it looks like your usual shonen stuff. Unless there is a big twist somewhere, which I doubt.
LiveFromKyoto said:
Better than Turok: Evolution? Because some guy named his kid after that one.
Nah, Turok still rules the gaming world.

Top Bottom