• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

john tv

This is what it looks like when you don't steal it:

bdst.jpg

Don't post links to pirated music here unless you want to be permbanned.

Ronok

Ok so this game is like the reason I still have a 360 right now....... Any word on a PAL release date? ; ;

Going on the mass of pages I'm guessing my faith in these guys was well founded.... :)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Maaaaan - thanks for the pics and impressions so far guys... the game truelly looks incredible in screens, and going by what you all say, it's still nothing compared to seeing the game in motion...

Looks like I may buy my first JRPG in... ever... keep the good stuff coming!

Troidal

There are some pro tips and cheats to earn achievements in an easier manner:

-When you acquire the "Bari-barrier" skill, you automatically defeat enemies that are below your character's level. So when you see enemies in the field, you dont even enter battle, you touch them, poof they disappear and you automatically earn experience. AWESOME skill IMO.

-To acquire the achievements "Do 100 back attacks" or "Do 100 monster fights", simply enter battle in either of the methods, then escape. Then enter battle again. Rinse and repeat, voila. 100 easily! And while you're at it, you will also earn "Escaped 50 times" with 0 Achivement points :lol

I will try to add more when I find em.

Jonnyram

Troidal > I find the skill you talk about pointless in lv1 form, and so so in lv2 form. I can't wait to get lv3 though - I'm concentrating on that shadow for now. That will basically make 50% of the achievements a piece of cake (assuming I can find an area where monsters keep spawning plentifully).

Troidal

Jonnyram said:
That will basically make 50% of the achievements a piece of cake (assuming I can find an area where monsters keep spawning plentifully).

Exactly!

I am only lv1 with the skill, but there is a spot where you can run in circles and enemies keep repawning...which basically gives you virtually an infinite number of SPs. I haven't reached that part yet, just read it on one of the Japanese Blue Dragon strategy wikis.

duckroll

I'm about 28 hours in the game now, and just hit a massive possibly near-endgame series of cutscenes leading to some other stuff and I turned the system off because I saved before I entered the place and I would like to explore the world more first. I've cleared a few optional stuff but there's MUCH more. Once you get the airship the game really opens up well. :D :D :D

GreekWolf

Grainy captures almost always look terrible, but even so, you can really spot some jaw-dropping detail in those shots.

Thanks Blim, Duck, DCharlie, Jonny and Bebpo for all the impressions and pics

Blimblim

The Inside Track
u_neek said:
Hey Blim, can you do a vid of that busy-looking town where you walk around and talk to people?
The screeb tearing can be quite bad in the town, and it's even worse when the video is converted to 29.97 back from 59.94 (as captured), so I'd rather not.

Bebpo

Banned
Melville said:
Those screenshots look pretty good, but am I the only one to find this blur-effect a tad too excessive?

No, I do too. There are times when I'm moving the camera and it goes into an angle where EVERYTHING is blurred outside of the main guy. There have been a handful of times where I wanted to take a picture of a room to post here but I couldn't get it at an angle where everything WASN'T blurred.

I like the effect and at times it really makes areas look great, but I think right now it's set on about 500% blur when I'd rather it be set on 50% blur.

*edit* I guess to clarify, I've grown like the blur effect when it's used on objects in the distant backrounds, such as landscapes with castles/mountains/windmills/etc...

What I don't like is if I'm in a room that's the size of my living room at home and all the objects and walls are blurred even though they're just a few feet from me.

KGKK

Banned
Man I really want this game, looks like I will have to buy the 360 and PS3 next fall, why do they have to be so expensive.

nitewulf

oy ve, thats a lotta metal, not that i mind. is the regular battle theme anywhere in the mistwalker site, and the boss theme? i am not asking for pirated links mind you.

Troidal

Bebpo said:
No, I do too. There are times when I'm moving the camera and it goes into an angle where EVERYTHING is blurred outside of the main guy. There have been a handful of times where I wanted to take a picture of a room to post here but I couldn't get it at an angle where everything WASN'T blurred.

I like the effect and at times it really makes areas look great, but I think right now it's set on about 500% blur when I'd rather it be set on 50% blur.

*edit* I guess to clarify, I've grown like the blur effect when it's used on objects in the distant backrounds, such as landscapes with castles/mountains/windmills/etc...

What I don't like is if I'm in a room that's the size of my living room at home and all the objects and walls are blurred even though they're just a few feet from me.

I couldn't agree more. Though I hate it more than you do because it really screw my eyes. My 32-inch HDTV is only like 2 meters away from where I sit so it's pretty bad @_@

duckroll

You guys better stop talking about the depth of field blurring before DCharlie wakes up! I'm sure he'll be happy to break the bad news that all your Xbox360s (or maybe in this case your eyes) are defective in some way! :lol

duckroll said:
You guys better stop talking about the depth of field blurring before DCharlie wakes up! I'm sure he'll be happy to break the bad news that all your Xbox360s (or maybe in this case your eyes) are defective in some way! :lol
That was a cheap shot :D .
From what i have seen it gives the game a magical look but it is a bit overused.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
charlequin said:
Not any cheaper than DCharlie's crack about Bebpo's reviews! :lol

actually that wasn't cheap at all...I would have paid good money for the truth

Pachinko

Okay this game looks stunning and is probally quite fun to play despite it's alleged lack of any difficulty but .... is it just me or is the boss theme almost TOO cheesy? The music itself is high energy wailing guitars and such which is great but those lyrics.... I really like the song from 1:50-2:05 when it's between verses but ... those lyrics.... THIS IS THE BEGINING , THIS IS THE BEGINING, THIS IS THE BEGINING WAAOOOOOOOO.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Skilotonn said:
Maaaaan - thanks for the pics and impressions so far guys... the game truelly looks incredible in screens, and going by what you all say, it's still nothing compared to seeing the game in motion...

Looks like I may buy my first JRPG in... ever... keep the good stuff coming!

That statement.....just....woah...

Troidal

Pachinko said:
Okay this game looks stunning and is probally quite fun to play despite it's alleged lack of any difficulty but .... is it just me or is the boss theme almost TOO cheesy? The music itself is high energy wailing guitars and such which is great but those lyrics.... I really like the song from 1:50-2:05 when it's between verses but ... those lyrics.... THIS IS THE BEGINING , THIS IS THE BEGINING, THIS IS THE BEGINING WAAOOOOOOOO.

Yeah I absolutely hate the boss theme. Apologies to fans, but Uematsu's Black Mage shit needs to go out the window.

Bebpo

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
yes! After a month or so... I needed that ban! :) Studied for the exam, got driving license and read a lot of books. Good times :D

Welcome back! If it's any consolation you're my favorite poster here!

john tv

Troidal said:
Yeah I absolutely hate the boss theme. Apologies to fans, but Uematsu's Black Mage shit needs to go out the window.
But...it's Ian Gillan! Does nobody care about this fact? Am I too old? :)

It's true the lyrics are terrible, but that was probably intentional.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
GhaleonEB said:

I'm almost 16 (it's a matter of weeks), I was just asking if he was. I'm sure that unless you're an immigrant (like my aunts), you wouldn't be getting a drivers license at the age of 40. Additionally, if you're young you either haven't yet received your license or (just in general) you've had your license suspendend/stripped of you because you did something that offended a man in dark blue.

Bebpo

Banned
john tv said:

Yeah, I loooove the boss battle theme. Considering all the hate it gets, I must be the only one who sings along with it while I'm rocking out to the boss fight. I dunno, I think it fits the mood of the fights perfectly. It gets my blood pumping and makes me want to kick some ass, which is the whole point of boss fights.

Troidal

john tv said:

Well...you are a few years older than me XD

Ian Gillan as in Deep Purple Ian Gillan? If so, never was into their music, sorry :/

john tv said:

I care! (In the sense that in my imagination it would probably be pretty awesome if all of Blue Dragon's boss battles were set to, say, "Highway Star," I guess...)

Aiere

I have a question about archivement "Moon Laser : Perfect"

and the end of Disc 2 have mini game call "Moon Laser".
some website tell this mini game have secret archivement.
I finish this game with no damage and Rank A but still cannot unlock this archivement.

Anyone who can unlock this Archivement please explain how to make a perfect game <(_ _)>

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
Yeah, I loooove the boss battle theme. Considering all the hate it gets, I must be the only one who sings along with it while I'm rocking out to the boss fight. I dunno, I think it fits the mood of the fights perfectly. It gets my blood pumping and makes me want to kick some ass, which is the whole point of boss fights.
I love it too. It's in my head now, even while working. The lyrics are so hilariously bad, but just the rocking-ness of it is awesome.

Bebpo

Banned
So I finished disc 2 at ~27 hours (so both discs have been about the same length for me). Main difference is that at the end of disc 1 I couldn't help but feel while BD was fun, I'd rather be playing Ryu Ga Gotoku 2 or Castlevania DS. But at the end of disc 2 I feel like I'd have more fun playing disc 3 than starting either of those. The end of disc 1 and especially disc 2 are where the game's charm really comes to life and you just want to keep playing and explore the world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss26003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss26010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss26038.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss26040.jpg

Boss spoiler: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/bebpo/bluedragon/picssss26007.jpg spoiler.

Top Bottom