• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon (Xbox360) |OT|

p3tran

Banned
f@luS said:
Pal game is already available in france and some other pal country, and has been reviewed
Are the cons from a french site. Saccades fréquente = lot of framerate drops
well the French can go and eat a frog for all I care on this specific subject. :D
whoever has seen the pal preview disc and thinks that there are significant framedrops,
and evenmore that framerate is a problem for this game,
should go to a physician and get something checked.

regarding the graphics, I agree with CVG point of view
* - Beautiful, dreamy visuals. Looks like warm milk
and they are talking about the JP version. ;)

f@luS

More than a member.
Im french and i never ate a frog so stfu will ya :D
gams IS available here, i told you.

Btw the review i took the cons gave a 7/10
the pros are : enjoyable playthrough , design, u can choose to fight or not, Soundtrack, Japanese voices
cons: Loading , framerate drops, unequal environment

Blimblim

The Inside Track
f@luS said:

the pros are : enjoyable playthrough , design, u can choose to fight or not, Soundtrack, Japanese voices
Yeah, Gamekult's review was quite good.

MCD

According to Famitsu, loading is bad on Core systems since the game save cache files on the HDD, which means faster loading times for Premium/Elite SKUs.

so is loading really a big problem?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
McDragon said:
According to Famitsu, loading is bad on Core systems since the game save cache files on the HDD, which means faster loading times for Premium/Elite SKUs.

so is loading really a big problem?
Loadings are definitely in the game, but never too long as to be annoying.

Kid Marin

Sorry if it had already been asked, but i need a clarification: is the hard mode available directly with Blue Dragon (US/PAL) or is it a downloadable content ? Can i pick hard mode directly or is it a new game + feature only ?

Thanks in advance.

nubbe

Bioshock will take a shit all over Blue Dragon... I'm will pick it up in maybe a few weeks or so when I'm done with Bioshock and such.
Bad timing for them to be released at the same date.

Fady K

nubbe said:
Bioshock will take a shit all over Blue Dragon... I'm will pick it up in maybe a few weeks or so when I'm done with Bioshock and such.
Bad timing for them to be released at the same date.

I think its a bad idea to release it on the same day as Bioshock as well. Especially a new franchise like Blue Dragon.

u_neek

Fady K said:
I think its a bad idea to release it on the same day as Bioshock as well. Especially a new franchise like Blue Dragon.
I agree, but some people (like myself) would choose a solid RPG like BD over Bioshock anytime. I really, really, really don't like FPSs ;) I hope both do well though - Bioshock because it's supossed to be awesome and BD because I want more next-gen RPGs.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
polyh3dron said:
DQ8 was developed by an incredible dev house called Level 5, who also did Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud 1 & 2 and the upcoming White Knight Story.

BD was dev'd by Artoon, famous for Blinx and Blinx 2. Nuff Said.

Let's see Dark Cloud 1 considered all across the board as being one of the worst games ever made on PS2. Rouge Galaxy & Dark Cloud 2 being super repetitive & tedious random dungeon crawlers. With White Knight Story not even out.

Blue Dragon on the other hand was spearheaded by Hironobu Sakaguchi, who made well... just check his wikipedia page. Nuff Said.

u_neek said:
I agree, but some people (like myself) would choose a solid RPG like BD over Bioshock anytime. I really, really, really don't like FPSs ;) I hope both do well though - Bioshock because it's supossed to be awesome and BD because I want more next-gen RPGs.

I know it's a bit off topic, but I feel the same way--YET, I must say, Bioshock a great game; a great, great game. (Yeah, I think it's a tad overhyped at the moment--I would not call this game of the year--but it is, however, a game you can't go wrong with.)

But I want to see RPG's. It's making me sad; it seems like, to some, the genre is dying. Hopefully Blue Dragon is a great game and sells well, as well as Eternal Sonata...and the rest to come. (Yes, I know Bebpo's impressions.)

edit - whoops. fixed.

Fady K

FateBreaker said:
I know it's a bit off topic, but I feel the same way--YET, I must say, Blue Dragon is a great game; a great, great game. (Yeah, I think it's a tad overhyped at the moment--I would not call this game of the year--but it is, however, a game you can't go wrong with.)

But I want to see RPG's. It's making me sad; it seems like, to some, the genre is dying. Hopefully Blue Dragon is a great game and sells well, as well as Eternal Sonata...and the rest to come. (Yes, I know Bebpo's impressions.)

Actually I still really want Eternal Sonata, the game just looks amazing. I hope it doesnt turn out as bad as Bebpo thought it was.

mr stroke

FateBreaker said:
Hopefully Blue Dragon is a great game and sells well, as well as Eternal Sonata...and the rest to come. (Yes, I know Bebpo's impressions.)

+1
I hope people go out and buy this game in droves, because if this game tanks the 360 is pretty much SOL for any quality JRPG's in the near future..hopefully a bad demo won't runin the sales of this game....

icecream

Public Health Threat
Not the near future (there's still a few more titles to come)... but certainly for the remainder of the life of the console.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping to pick this up when it hit stores along with the promotional blue dragon stand that gamestop/ebgame has :D.

Anyone in europe picked the game up? Wich languages does it have? The germans got spanish, english and german, so no japanese (and the german dub is terrible), however there ist a warez release wich lists french, english and japanese as available languages. What about the UK version? Anyone from UK here to help? What languages does the uk version include?

u_neek

I got my Danish/Scandinavian version early and can't wait to get started in a little bit.

I got to choose from French, English and Japanese.

btw shouldn't we have an official western release thread?

Nolan.

Hellraizer said:
Anyone in europe picked the game up? Wich languages does it have? The germans got spanish, english and german, so no japanese (and the german dub is terrible), however there ist a warez release wich lists french, english and japanese as available languages. What about the UK version? Anyone from UK here to help? What languages does the uk version include?

Not out until the 24th here.

Just finished it, game clock over 70 hours and i didnt do some things done all side quests but never found all the items etc. Loved it gutted its finished but it needed to finish as bioshcok this week.

Nolan.

supermackem said:
Just finished it, game clock over 70 hours and i didnt do some things done all side quests but never found all the items etc. Loved it gutted its finished but it needed to finish as bioshcok this week.

Glad to hear that. Anyway i'm going into it not really expecting much apart from wanting to play and Rpg. So hope it's just a nice experience at least.

Hellraizer said:
Same in germany however some people got it anyway. Just like bioshock, I also have an friend from UK in my list who is playing Bioshock right now ;)

Yeah i'm trying to find both of them but haven't yet.

mr stroke

supermackem said:

So it sounds like its worth the 60$??

u_neek

Okay, so I'm 3½ hours into the game and haven't experienced any of the huge framerate drops that appeared in the demo.

Official PAL/US NTSC thread??

Quazar

Guess I'll trade in a bunch of games to get this. Fuck MSs lineup is insane this year.(Not that its a bad thing but damn money!)

bigswords

u_neek said:
Okay, so I'm 3½ hours into the game and haven't experienced any of the huge framerate drops that appeared in the demo.

Official PAL/US NTSC thread??

I'm playing the asian version Japanese/Korean voices with English subs, there's no framerate drops with the demo? Even in combat? I find estimating the combat initiative a pain because the framerate drops.

Other then that, no framerate drops, oh there's also abit of screen tearing as well.

OverHeat

« generous god »
f@luS said:

I guess thats why nobody saw that your user name is another word for PENI S :lol

Quazar

duckroll said:
So what happened? Why isn't MS marketing their own game anymore?

Guess not. Than again I mostly watch news channels/documentary stuff/movies. Dont see any game commercials. I did hear about Bioshock commercials though. Wish MS would flex more on their own games.

7 hours in. I've noticed a little juddering when it switches to cutscenes and back, and some of the special magic attacks have a second of frame rate drops, but it's nothing major.

The visuals overall are fantastic, so clean and sharp.

The achievements don't exactly seem to be coming thick and fast, I've only got 10 points so far :p Oh yeah, and I've found the loading generally to be very quick, at least for a CD/DVD based RPG. You can often see the game filling in shadows well after the area has actually loaded, though.

Android18a said:
7 hours in. I've noticed a little juddering when it switches to cutscenes and back, and some of the special magic attacks have a second of frame rate drops, but it's nothing major.

The visuals overall are fantastic, so clean and sharp.

The achievements don't exactly seem to be coming thick and fast, I've only got 10 points so far :p Oh yeah, and I've found the loading generally to be very quick, at least for a CD/DVD based RPG. You can often see the game filling in shadows well after the area has actually loaded, though.

Dont expect them to come very fast at all mate, i finished it doing all side quests bar a few secret things and only come out with 370 points.

u_neek

7 hours in and I really can't get over how great the graphics are - It's one of those games where you can't wait to see what the next area looks like! It almost matches an early Pixar movie.

FafaFooey

I absolutely HATED the demo of Blue Dragon, but then again FFXII's demo was also awful and that turned out to be somewhat decent.
Most reviews say it's not as good as FF or DQ but if you like those you'll like Blue Dragon.
I love FF yet I don't like DQ, so what to do? Meh..

u_neek said:
7 hours in and I really can't get over how great the graphics are - It's one of those games where you can't wait to see what the next area looks like! It almost matches an early Pixar movie.

This is true. If you're progressing like me, you'll probably be at the same point...

How fupping beautiful was the
Undersea cave? When you're in the ankle-deep water it's so dreamy!

Give it a go Fafa. It's got DQ-ish elements, but it's different enough. The battles are nowhere near as sucky as DQ's, either.

BluWacky

duckroll said:
So what happened? Why isn't MS marketing their own game anymore?

I've seen a lot of interstitial/sidebar ads on gaming sites at least. Bioshock's probably going to kill it in the UK at least, though - when you walk into Game and not only is there a giant Big Daddy statue but Blue Dragon is £5 more expensive and ranked at 2 in their weekly chart, not that many people are really going to pick it up.

(for anyone who cares, the UK version has French, English and Japanese voice options.)

Top Bottom