• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonestorm |OT| Cost Up To and Including $70

You want excitement?! Shove this up your stocking!

qympFbz.jpg

Bonestorm is an incredibly violent Mortal Kombat clone. It's even better than Bone Squad.

I woke up today with Bonestorm on my mind for whatever reason. Just kinda sat there thinking about how good of a name it actually was. Did a search, and saw that there was no discussion going on for this treasure.

Any ways, thought this would be a good thread to discuss other parodies of videogames. I dunno, I just thought GAF should have a Bonestorm thread. It just made sense.

Here's some footage for those that have no idea what this is - http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/5888

Linkhero1

I'm glad the first thing I thought of reading the title was The Simpsons. I'm even more glad that it turned out to actually be about The Simpsons.

Rich!

The story of Lawrence Tierny behind the scenes in that episode is fucking hilarious

Lawrence Tierney guest starred in the episode as Don Brodka. Another former show runner, Josh Weinstein, called Tierney's appearance "the craziest guest star experience we ever had". In addition to yelling at and intimidating employees of the show, Tierney made unreasonable requests such as abandoning his distinctive voice to do the part in a southern accent and refusing to perform lines if he did not "get the jokes".

UberTag

article-1258768-08C3D086000005DC-124_468x286.jpg

There needs to be an Easter egg to unlock a domestic assault simulator golf game in The Stick of Truth.

As for modern-era Simpsons video game parodies, I miss the elegance of Bonestorm. Whereas today we get...

ScreenHunter_02-Nov.-14-14.40.jpg

OHUUjfs.png

Sadly, Bonestorm cannot compare to the endless challenge of the Cup and Ball. You never know which way that crazy ball is gonna go!

IISANDERII

Although I think this was way passed The Simpson peak, this episode was very good.
Love the Try-N-Save dig at Walmart too.

Hey, I watched that episode today. :)

...along with several others. Slowly watching through the series again (including 13 and 14 for the first time) in "anticipation" of the 15th season DVD.

Top Bottom