• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

U2NUMB

Yea I have played a good deal of BL2 on X1 and it runs super solid and I am amazed just how great the game looks, fired up the 360 version and it is a big leap forward in FPS and just clarity.

Not touching TPS again until they patch it.. please fix it.

ObiDin

I think the framerate drops are not really that big of a problem.

But the screen tearing on TPS really is.

If they can patch it I am satisfied (even if the framerate drops sometimes)

Agreed. I finished my first playthrough on TPS last night and the image quality is fantastic, but the screen tearing is constant.

AdaWong

even if there was, you wouldn't really notice. Borderlands' art style and chaotic combat makes anything but higher resolution really barely noticeable - especially the PhysX stuff. :/

Having completed vanilla BL2 multiple times on multiple platforms, yet never bothered with the DLCs i am really positivity surprised by the content of the Captain Scarlett DLC.

Took it as a nice little sidestep at lvl 15, having a blast. the only bummer is that the "do all optional quests" trophy includes a raidboss? :(

To get the platinum trophy of BL2, a TVHM playthrough is a must. Once you finish that, you'll probably be level >50. Then switch back to Normal mode and kill the hell out of the Raid bosses. I did it.. On the Vita.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
To get the platinum trophy of BL2, a TVHM playthrough is a must. Once you finish that, you'll probably be level >50. Then switch back to Normal mode and kill the hell out of the Raid bosses. I did it.. On the Vita.

When I played BL2 back in the day, the raid bosses always scaled with the player, regardless of the playmode.

Has that changed?

Cairnsay

Banned
Scarlett and Mr. Torgue are both playable at 15 and will scale with you all the way to 30.

Oh cool, i thought all the DLC was 30 onwards, never bothered with it the first time round. Does it just become available as a quest once you hit 15 or do I have to go somewhere imparticular?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh cool, i thought all the DLC was 30 onwards, never bothered with it the first time round. Does it just become available as a quest once you hit 15 or do I have to go somewhere imparticular?

They are all available from the getgo at a warp terminal. (Which is why you see a massive list of locations to scroll through, those are all DLC!). Just warp to the location the DLC starts and you get the quests and such there. Only the Story locations slowly unlock in the list with progress, but all those other warp points are DLC start locations.

The big issue is that none of those warp locations are clearly labeled for which DLC they are attached. So either look up in google the individual DLC you want to play to learn the start point to warp to, or just randomly choose one if you don't care. You can always hop out at any time as they scale to your level(most starting around lv. 15) if they are too tough at current. You can, mostly, even get the first quest to help remind you later where to return as well from your log which is helpful.

Played Borderlands 2 on ps3, but never the DLC. So picked up on Xbox One. Hopefully any issues on TPS will be sorted by time I get on it.

Can I ask how do the golden keys work, where do I get them from etc?

hydruxo

Played Borderlands 2 on ps3, but never the DLC. So picked up on Xbox One. Hopefully any issues on TPS will be sorted by time I get on it.

Can I ask how do the golden keys work, where do I get them from etc?

There's two links in the OP that have a list of SHiFT codes that still work. Basically any codes in those lists that are black and not red will still work. 360 codes will work on 360 and XB1, same thing with PS3 codes on Vita and PS4. Once you have the codes you want to enter, go to 'Extras' on the Bl2 main menu then 'SHiFT Code', for TPS there's a shift code machine near the golden key chest. The golden key chests are in Sanctuary (BL2) and Concordia (TPS).

Carl

I'm up to Opportunity on Borerlands 2 atm. Noticed a few slowdowns but nothing to get upset over, and it's perfectly playable so far. Glad i bought it, enjoying playing through it again and can't wait to play The Pre Sequel for the first time (even though i own it on PS3 lol)

MrMephistoX

Ended up getting this on Xbone to play with coworkers and it seems totally fine especially since the PS4 doesn't fare much better performance wise from what I've read.

Mit-

Any news if they're going to patch that 4-player mode in to the PC games? I have owned Borderlands but never played them because I don't have any online friends that would go through a game like that with me, or they've all played the game by now.

4-player local would be amazing.

Sorry if port begging.

I think I'm good, Best Buy, but thanks for the offer...

3KPLk7K.jpg

Nokterian

I did notice some framerate drops in borderlands 2 on PS4 not major but it does happen when you go buy ammo at a ammo box for example or when there are a lot of enemies on screen it dips a bit below 50fps hopefully they will fix this also. Game plays nice though really enjoying playing Krieg i didn't have all DLC on PC same thing with the pre sequel so this is a nice welcome to play it again.

Playing TPS as it downloaded first on Xbox one.
The screen tearing at the very start of the intro was very very off putting. It hurt my eyes.
Playing it for about an hour and so far the frame rate is very stable for me although not had too many big encounters.
As far as the scream tearing, sorry screen tearing goes ive noticed it now and again but it's bit nearly as bad as the gif going about makes it out to be.

When I played BL2 back in the day, the raid bosses always scaled with the player, regardless of the playmode.

Has that changed?
Apparently. They only scale to 32 (maybe 35 for the later ones?) in normal, for my level 51 mechromancer.

Terramorphus is still 51 on normal - that one would be hard to solo at only 50-51. The rest can be easily soloed.

If you don't own a PS3 any more and aren't bringing any characters over to PS4, is there any way to get the golden key and badass rank bonus for this version?

I have a shift account that probably shows that I've played on PS3, but I dunno if that counts.

napalmjam

I've been downloaded the patch (ps4) and it's has taken 4 hours to get to 5 gig and now says I need to wait another 5 hours =(

Dominator

Just starting this for the first time, what's the best class to pick if I'm going to be playing solo? If it's anyone I'll just pick Commando probably.

hydruxo

Just starting this for the first time, what's the best class to pick if I'm going to be playing solo? If it's anyone I'll just pick Commando probably.
Commando, Mechromancer or Gunzerker. First two are essentially like having another player on your side (commando's turret / mechromancer's deathtrap robot), and Gunzerker you can dish out crazy amounts of damage. Siren or Assassin are fine solo too, just might not be the best choices right off the bat. Psycho is a class you probably wouldn't want to do yet if you're just starting, it's got a bit of a learning curve.

Dominator

Commando, Mechromancer or Gunzerker. First two are essentially like having another player on your side (commando's turret / mechromancer's deathtrap robot), and Gunzerker you can dish out crazy amounts of damage. Siren or Assassin are fine solo too, just might not be the best choices right off the bat. Psycho is a class you probably wouldn't want to do yet if you're just starting, it's got a bit of a learning curve.
I picked Commando, thanks for the information. You can die fairly quickly in this game, I like the challenge.

So this version will contain ALL the DLC or just ALL previous DLC, I am asking because I saw new DLC about claptrap and was wondering if the edition will incluye it too. the last GOTY version of borderlands didnt incluyed all the DLC

FatalT

Banned
So this version will contain ALL the DLC or just ALL previous DLC, I am asking because I saw new DLC about claptrap and was wondering if the edition will incluye it too. the last GOTY version of borderlands didnt incluyed all the DLC

It was actually available as a 9 GB patch the day it came out. So yeah, look forward to downloading that beast if you pick it up :p

It was actually available as a 9 GB patch the day it came out. So yeah, look forward to downloading that beast if you pick it up :p

Did gearbox will incluye more DLC? I dont want to buy it and see there is more DLC waiting that wont be incluyed on the edition.

Will that always be available?

See, I bought The Collection Day One on the Xbox One. Played a few hours of Pre-Sequel, too. But I don't think I clicked any 'download this DLC' button. So does that mean I'm out of luck since it's no longer the first day? I can't even find the DLC on the XBL Marketplace except on the 360, either.

mike4001_

Will that always be available?

See, I bought The Collection Day One on the Xbox One. Played a few hours of Pre-Sequel, too. But I don't think I clicked any 'download this DLC' button. So does that mean I'm out of luck since it's no longer the first day? I can't even find the DLC on the XBL Marketplace except on the 360, either.

The DLC was included via the day one patch which you should already have.

No point in making it a real DLC-download if it´s free for everybody :)

The DLC was included via the day one patch which you should already have.

No point in making it a real DLC-download if it´s free for everybody :)

So this patch was automatically downloaded before you could play online like all other patches, right? If so then that's great. I mean, I do see a giant claptrap in my fast-travel station so that's a good sign, at least.

Cheers mate.

Looks like my PS4 copy is ready for pick-up. Don't know when I will end up playing though. When I do get started, is there a list of GAF members that would join for multiplayer?

Bought it on xbo. B2 is a solid port. PS is terrible. Why can't I lock fps or something. I noticed iron galaxy did B2 but not PS. Dave lang help us all on the pre sequel!

Hope they patch it. Any word?

glaurung

It's been probably been asked before, but why exactly is the first Borderlands not in this?
It's the "handsome" collection. As a reference to Handsome Jack.

Otherwise, laziness and those hacks of product managers probably realized that the first Borderlands might not look good in a hastily upscaled manner.

Fliesen

It's been probably been asked before, but why exactly is the first Borderlands not in this?

also, Borderlands 1 runs on a different engine, so they would have had to put some extra effort in porting it over.

I've had my first perceptible framerate issues on the PS4 in Borderlands 2 now as well - in the first few rooms of the "Washburne Refinery" (Captain Scarlett DLC), framerate visibly goes to shit.

other than that, great game, great DLC.

shiba5

Every class is fine solo. Now do you want to solo Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode raid bosses?
You'll want Sal - or Zero but he's not easy to play.

I killed everyone but Hyperius with Maya, but I cheesed a couple bosses with environment glitches.

Also, some characters are better at soloing Digistruct. I used Maya again because of the Super Badass Surveyors - which you will learn to hate.

Jzero

I didn't realize how good my PC version looked until i saw how it looks on last and current gen consoles haha.

Looks like my PS4 copy is ready for pick-up. Don't know when I will end up playing though. When I do get started, is there a list of GAF members that would join for multiplayer?
Add me if u want . Psn: NowhereFaded
I play when I can, being a family man with responsibilities. Later.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Any news if they're going to patch that 4-player mode in to the PC games? I have owned Borderlands but never played them because I don't have any online friends that would go through a game like that with me, or they've all played the game by now.

4-player local would be amazing.

Sorry if port begging.

Probably not. TBH I didn't know the PC version didn't have split screen until I tried to play it on the TV with the roommate.

Top Bottom