• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

SerTapTap

I wonder if they found a way to block gibbed and other save editors, I doubt it, but hope they did

I certainly hope not, that's my last best hope to actually play with people that aren't at my exact level. I hoped Destiny's low level cap was a way to "fix" that, turned out to just be another way to enforce even more grind. Hopefully less exponential scaling means being +-5 levels doesnt' mean you're completely useless/overpowered like it does in BL2.

I certainly hope not, that's my last best hope to actually play with people that aren't at my exact level. I hoped Destiny's low level cap was a way to "fix" that, turned out to just be another way to enforce even more grind. Hopefully less exponential scaling means being +-5 levels doesnt' mean you're completely useless/overpowered like it does in BL2.

the modded weapons sucked. Like the Black rarity ones. Ruined the game towards the end of its popularity

SerTapTap

the modded weapons sucked. Like the Black rarity ones. Ruined the game towards the end of its popularity

Modding sucks, but I don't think gibbed save editor is really meant for that. I just use it to change my level & sync my loot to it. People will hack weapons without gibbed anyway, even happened on console didn't it? Besides, I play with friends, so it was never a problem. I fact I think I launched matchmaking once in BL1 for a trophy and never in the PC version of 2

BigDug13

I wonder if they found a way to block gibbed and other save editors, I doubt it, but hope they did

Nah, if they didn't care about it when Gearbox made the game, it's definitely not a priority for 2K Australia. Just stick with friends I guess.

It's not like Diablo 3 console is any different. Anything non-server-based is vulnerable.

Modding sucks, but I don't think gibbed save editor is really meant for that. I just use it to change my level & sync my loot to it. People will hack weapons without gibbed anyway, even happened on console didn't it? Besides, I play with friends, so it was never a problem. I fact I think I launched matchmaking once in BL1 for a trophy and never in the PC version of 2

Absolutely. I used Gibbed lots to make subsequent playthroughs of each class better. By starting at level 32 on TVHM. I didn't really feel like starting at level 1 with every class. The game makes it easy to try different builds and the story progression is plenty doing it starting on playthrough 2.

riflen

On PC, this game has a new "higher than high" setting for PhysX effects that shall lay waste to all GPUs. Looking forward to shattering fools into ice cubes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looking forward to co-oping this with a mate. Games + booze + pizza = a good weekend.

blandstpsyzr1y.jpg

I completely forgot this was coming out this month. Really excited for it, loved the first 2! Can't wait to co-op with my friends.

GamerSoul

Laser and cryo guns too. And BUTTSLAMS. Elemental buttslams, too. With your elemental butt.

heh, elemental butt

Man, I'm so ready for this game! I hope it keeps me busy for awhile. Going to play as Athena first, focusing on her Phalanx and Xiphos trees. :D

I think the Grinder has a lot of potential to really make looting even better. We now have a great way to use the gear we don't need!

ilMikhail

good bye destiny , I loveeeeee Borderlands 1 & 2 , cant wait to try the pre sequel ¡¡

is this game gonna be available for 360 in day one ??

great OT btw :)

Great OT! Cannot wait for next week!

Who else is going to play as Claptrap? Nisha is the only other character I would play, but my friend is going to use it, so I will just keep with Claptrap as primary + other character

Nokterian

Pre load is not huge by any means 5.1gb maby a bit bigger when the game is released i wonder how many hours is in this game more then Borderlands 2 perhaps?

shiba5

Jack's doppelgänger will also be a playable character at some point (probably DLC). Not officially announced, but you can see it listed in the create character screen during the Hammerlock/Torgue video. Can't wait for this game.

BigDug13

Great OT! Cannot wait for next week!

Who else is going to play as Claptrap? Nisha is the only other character I would play, but my friend is going to use it, so I will just keep with Claptrap as primary + other character

It seems like Claptrap is the ultimate Borderlands support class with tons of fun for himself. So many "help the group" abilities while having the most random ass primary action skill of everyone.

BigDug13

So anyone know the new weapon types the game will have? I know there's laser guns~

Laser and Cryo are all they've announced so far. I'm sure there will be lots of unique legendaries with crazy qualities. Hopefully they drop more often in this game. I don't like to be forced to raid to find decent legendaries. It's not like they're overpowered (at least most of them), they're just the most unique guns to use while all the others adhere to the manufacturer quirks.

Or hopefully they release DLC that has legendary vending machines like Torgue. It gave me a chance to try out the Kerblaster, Nukem, and Unkempt Harold. (or maybe that machine that chews up lesser weapons will have a decent chance at legendaries if you feed it multiple purples.

It seems like Claptrap is the ultimate Borderlands support class with tons of fun for himself. So many "help the group" abilities while having the most random ass primary action skill of everyone.

Yeah, that's why I'm picking Claptrap, since I mostly only play co-op. I'm going with the "you're gonna love me" skill tree lol

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yep after the shit loot game Destiny turned out to be am most def going to enjoy Borderlands again.

Laser and Cryo are all they've announced so far. I'm sure there will be lots of unique legendaries with crazy qualities. Hopefully they drop more often in this game. I don't like to be forced to raid to find decent legendaries. It's not like they're overpowered (at least most of them), they're just the most unique guns to use while all the others adhere to the manufacturer quirks.

Or hopefully they release DLC that has legendary vending machines like Torgue. It gave me a chance to try out the Kerblaster, Nukem, and Unkempt Harold. (or maybe that machine that chews up lesser weapons will have a decent chance at legendaries if you feed it multiple purples.

neat, Cryo.

And after playing Destiny, ANY type of loot will make me happy Hehe. Hrm. I'm deciding whether to wait for the inevitable game of the year edition(Still want to play through Shadow of Mordor).

KePoW

Banned
Only one question.

Did they change MP loot to be private instead of FFA? That's the only way I will buy this game.

Had too many arguments over loot being ninja'ed, even with "friends". I hated that so much, there was nothing good about it

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hopefully this is good. I know for sure though im waiting for the mega complete pack cause you damn well know the dlc gonna be cray cray.

-MD-

The release date for this is unfortunate since I'm buying another game that day.

After seeing how Athena's Xiphos tree is Bloodshed Zero 2.0 I got pretty hyped, definitely gonna pick this up in a few months.

BigDug13

neat, Cryo.

And after playing Destiny, ANY type of loot will make me happy Hehe. Hrm. I'm deciding whether to wait for the inevitable game of the year edition(Still want to play through Shadow of Mordor).

Shadow of Mordor is really addictive but you'll be done with it in a week honestly. Fantastic game IMO that is worth trying out. I just don't have the time for Borderlands yet due to school (since that game grabs me for WAY more than a week, so I'll be waiting for the Steam Winter Sale.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
If anyone wants to play Borderlands 2 while we wait for next week, hit me up on Steam (nick is in my profile).

BigDug13

Any details on the 5th class yet?

There's a 5th class?
Also the OP needs to be updated with new information because it is wrong. New classes have never been a part of a Borderlands season pass. You can play new purchased classes through the season pass DLC content but the season pass itself does not contain new classes.

Gaige was a preorder freebie and then was $10 outside of season pass.
Krieg was $10 outside of season pass.

The 5th class is called the doppelgänger according to a leaked pic, which I can't seem to find right now lol

The character itself is confirmed as of right now though I think to come at some point in the season pass

Trojan

If I enjoy mostly solo play up until level 50 (where I'll probably link up with others for raid bosses), is Wilhelm a good pick for a character? Trying to decide between him and Nisha.

Drazgul

If I enjoy mostly solo play up until level 50 (where I'll probably link up with others for raid bosses), is Wilhelm a good pick for a character? Trying to decide between him and Nisha.

The defensive bot sounds really good for solo play, on paper at least. Depends on your playstyle of course, IMO offense is best defense and everything else can be sacrificed for maximum powah.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty excited for this!! Still trying to decide whether to get it on 360 or on my PC which I'm going to build in the next month or so. On the one hand I can get it on release for the 360, but on the other hand I can get a much better version if I wait a month...

petghost

Banned

i guess i dont know yet but yeah he seems really solid/survivable. his action skill includes a drone thats sole purpose is to keep his shields up, heal etc.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Looks like a fun game. My friend is a BL junkie so i expect him to go bananas over this pre-sequel.

cHinzo

Master Gee was the absolute worst

Agreed. That was one so awful, I didn't even bother farming him. Just killed him once by killing the worm, letting him step on the pool and found a nice spot near the entrance gate where u could hide. Went out to eat dinner and came back to find him dead. I prefer bosses like Crawmerax and General Knoxx, even though Knoxx wasn't a raid boss, his damage was fair and u had to keep those medics in check, because they healed him. I would say Pyro Pete was also pretty fun with the DoTs and using the sewers to get rid of it. I really dislike those raid bosses who just one-shots the entire arena.

Will probably play Wilhelm, since he resembles Roland and Axton the most (played em both in BL 1 and BL2). Those turrets were the bomb, but flying surveyors will do the job just as fine I guess. I wonder how (in)effective the new element, Cryo, is. If it's the most OP element in the game, I might put some points in the Cold War skill, which increases the freeze chance.

Top Bottom