• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands the Pre-Sequel! |OT| GENDER EQUALITY!

nubbe

First Borderlands with no playable Sirens :(
What to do.

LOOKS LIKE A SIREN TO ME

qbC9O7o.png

MayMay

Banned
Only thing that worries me is that the preload is so small. Really? 5GB? I hope this game has a decent length..

SerTapTap

First Borderlands with no playable Sirens :(
What to do.

Athena is the Siren, look at her Ceraunic Storm tree. Not technically a siren, but all the skills are there.

Only thing that worries me is that the preload is so small. Really? 5GB? I hope this game has a decent length..

It's supposed to be about as long as the first game which I've got over 100 hours in (after the season pass). Also I thought it was supposed to be 16GB

GamerSoul

Athena is the Siren, look at her Ceraunic Storm tree. Not technically a siren, but all the skills are there.
Agreed 100%. I've been mostly a Siren throughout the games and Athena is probably the closest thing we will get to a Siren. Hades Shackles with the combination of the elemental skills in that tree will be amazing in the right hands.

MattyG

Banned
Maybe they'll add a siren as a DLC character down the road?
O2 is more designed as a powerup than a shithole feature
and Claptrap don't need O2 since he is a droid
Oh thank god. That's a really small thing that could've ruined the whole game if they handled it poorly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well, the install size will be somewhere north of 10GB as per the minimum requirement of 13GB. 5GB may seem small, but there's compression to consider. Take Van Helsing, for instance:

vh1h5agt.jpg

vh265xzo.jpg

GamerSoul

Oh thank god. That's a really small thing that could've ruined the whole game if they handled it poorly.

Yea it's a definite possibility. Angel would be a prime candidate. And yea the O2 shouldn't hinder us at all. Someone awhile back posted a video testing what happens when you're out of O2 and the amount of damage you lose overtime is very small. You'd have plenty of time to find more if it came to that.

SerTapTap

I dunno about that, only 6 in the universe at once, 2 are taken (and still alive), not sure I see jack ending Angel in story-wise, plus the standard Siren elemental skill tree would match up very closely with Athena's, even if they focused on frost/electric instead of corrosive/fire. (is Slag back or no?). I assume they're saving the proper siren for Borderlands 3.

Tabby

I dunno about that, only 6 in the universe at once, 2 are taken (and still alive), not sure I see jack ending Angel in story-wise, plus the standard Siren elemental skill tree would match up very closely with Athena's, even if they focused on frost/electric instead of corrosive/fire. (is Slag back or no?). I assume they're saving the proper siren for Borderlands 3.
Borderlands 3?
I thought they wanted to start a new IP?

Man I can't wait for this. The recommended requirements are the same as BL2 it seems, and I max out BL2 with my 660. Wonder if I'll be able to do the same again.

Thinking I'm gonna play as cowboy lady.

Well, the install size will be somewhere north of 10GB as per the minimum requirement of 13GB. 5GB may seem small, but there's compression to consider. Take Van Helsing, for instance:

vh1h5agt.jpg

vh265xzo.jpg

Borderlands 2 is 11gb with all season pass dlc so 10gb should be fine (I hope). I just want to complete a mission and receive good loot. I feel like Destiny has been abusing me lol.

SerTapTap

Borderlands 3?
I thought they wanted to start a new IP?

Last reports of Borderlands 2's sales are around 10 million. The series is the only thing Gearbox has consistently done right. They are not CURRENTLY working on Borderlands 3, but unless they are shut down I am sure a Borderlands 3 will happen.

BouncyFrag

They are starting a new IP, but they never said they were giving up on BL3. My guess is Gearbox will return to BL3 with a new engine after Battleborn
I didn't even know about Battleborn. If we're not getting BL3 for some time, hopping onto the presequel is even more appealing.

I checked out a Battleborn vid and it looks promising.

JaseC

Borderlands 2 is 11gb with all season pass dlc so 10gb should be fine (I hope). I just want to complete a mission and receive good loot. I feel like Destiny has been abusing me lol.

Yeah, the game's relatively large install size makes me wonder if there's more to the campaign than just being set on the moon. I wouldn't be surprised if the final act of the game is set on Pandora.

BigDug13

Yeah, the game's relatively large install size makes me wonder if there's more to the campaign than just being set on the moon. I wouldn't be surprised if the final act of the game is set on Pandora.

The game is said to have more zones than BL1, but less zones than BL2. Seems like the size is about right as far as install size. This is a game designed to be on one DVD.

JaseC

The game is said to have more zones than BL1, but less zones than BL2. Seems like the size is about right as far as install size. This is a game designed to be on one DVD.

I'm not talking about length but rather asset variety. As SmoothRunningGun noted, the stated install size is comparable to Borderlands 2 with the Season Pass DLC, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn that there's more to the game than just the moon bases.

SerTapTap

Then you get an item drop that is legendary, and the mission reward ends up being a common weapon.

I can totally see them doing that, orange item on the rewards page, blue item when you get it

I can totally see this happening in one of the DLCs, might have been too close for the initial release tho!

Too bad.

Might be something super simple like FaceMcShooty. He will live forever in our hearts.

petghost

Banned
ya'll know how many seperate vault hunter.exe modes claptrap has got? i've seen lilith, the pirate ship and something that looked like gaige using discord.

i love the randomness aspect of his design...reminds me a lot of a certain archetype in arcsys fighting games IE faust's items in guilty gear. that kinda thing can lead to really fun improvisation.

ya'll know how many seperate vault hunter.exe modes claptrap has got? i've seen lilith, the pirate ship and something that looked like gaige using discord.

i love the randomness aspect of his design...reminds me a lot of a certain archetype in arcsys fighting games IE faust's items in guilty gear. that kinda thing can lead to really fun improvisation.

He can gunzerk too I believe. Idk the exact amount

Tabby

Isn't this pretty much BL3?

If it was it'd be called BL3 and it'd be Gearbox Software developing it and not 2K Australia. I consider this game a spinoff.

It looks fun but when I don't like not knowing how use my power when I press it.
With Maya in BL2 I knew what my power was good for and when to use it.

BigDug13

If it was it'd be called BL3 and it'd be Gearbox Software developing it and not 2K Australia. I consider this game a spinoff.

It looks fun but when I don't like not knowing how use my power when I press it.
With Maya in BL2 I knew what my power was good for and when to use it.

What I love is that the randomness will provide a different style of play that will hopefully remain more fresh as you play. It's no replacement for a stable class with a stable action skill, but it seems like a fun time for a random playthrough.

Was anyone else not able to use the Green Man Gaming coupon to get 20% off? Is it not able to be applied to this game?

I ordered this from GMG a couple weeks ago and used that voucher code they had up at the end of September to do my pre-order and it worked for me. No idea if this new one works or not.

SerTapTap

Ordering from DL Gamer is terrifying, it has very high "not scam" rankings and all, but apparently people have to manually approve your order, which is not an immediate thing. The discount code did work though. If I get my key I'll let you other cheapasses know. If not, remember me, as I died for your sins.

Ordering from DL Gamer is terrifying, it has very high "not scam" rankings and all, but apparently people have to manually approve your order, which is not an immediate thing. The discount code did work though. If I get my key I'll let you other cheapasses know. If not, remember me, as I died for your sins.

Yeah, I just ordered from there too and I'm worried. And the price was $46.79 not $43.something as in message I posted. But I hope it works.

Well . . . the long convoluted order process from DL Gamer worked fine and I'm preloading right now.

Also, it said it needed 9617MB of space to install the game but the download is 5.1GB. I guess the compression is pretty good for the pre-download.

Top Bottom