• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

bought bf1942 + expansions

traded in some stuff, got it. I like vietnam, and the wwii mod is nice, but I SUCk at vietnam and need the ego boost. ;)

hook me up with the desert combat links?

MrAngryFace said:
traded in some stuff, got it. I like vietnam, and the wwii mod is nice, but I SUCk at vietnam and need the ego boost. ;)

hook me up with the desert combat links?

If you are goona play post here! I am free

I have to leave at 5:30 and I have crap I need to burn for a friend as I install the game, so probably not. Sorry! SO SOWWY!

Bob: road to rome at least added tanks with turrets that have some cover. The useless expansion is secret weapons. Dumb.

good game man

I just got kicked cause the admins on that server are a bunch of kiddy assholes. I killed that rebel guy twice with the battleship so he kicked me. Anyway good game, we were both on the top riding the team. GG

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I second the Forgotten Hope vote. I just hope you've got a hefty broadband connection so you can download 1.6GB relatively quickly ;)

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Doom_Bringer said:
good game man

I just got kicked cause the admins on that server are a bunch of kiddy assholes. I killed that rebel guy twice with the battleship so he kicked me. Anyway good game, we were both on the top riding the team. GG

Yeah thanks for the good game. I ended up winning that one at 37-35-4 :)... You would've been close :p.

DarthWoo

Just finished playing some more FH. Now that they made the Omaha Beach-Charlie Sector map an official map for their mod, it kicks so much ass. If you liked the original vanilla Omaha, think of that, but several times larger, with actual bunker structures that you have to fight through (rather than just running up the hills like in vanilla). Then there is the much more realistic damage system forcing you to be a bit more cautious, but also enabling you to mow down enemies when you get the chance. Vast open fields pockmarked with deep craters that provide great defilade lay between the bunkers and the two more Axis bases inland. There aren't any tanks, but any armed halftrack may as well be a tank if you're unlucky enough to come across one without a bazooka, or someone carrying one covering you. I think that round lasted over an hour. We, the Allies were losing for about 3/4 of it, but we finally rallied and managed to consolidate ourselves around each new gain before running off haphazardly at the next flags.

Still looking forward to trying out some of the new maps I haven't run into on the servers yet. There's a new Bombing the Reich map, which I believe is somewhat like Battle of Britain, but switched around a bit. I'm not sure if it's American or British on the Allied side, but I'm hoping American, because it would just be neat to see several B-17s flying together. FH chose to forego the Dice B-17 in order to make their own, which is a bit larger, and so can actually accomadate the pilot, 2 waist gunners, tail gunner, ball turret gunner, and dorsal turret gunner. Much more of a flying fortress than the vanilla version.

I don't really have very many great screenshots of my own, but I don't want to steal other people's either, so I'll post the couple I have so far. Whenever something screenshot-worthy comes around, I tend to forget to take a screenshot.

(1) Here is one of the Howitzer batteries I mentioned. I'm playing as engineer, which has lost expacks, but now has satchel charges instead. It's much harder to kill tanks with engineers now, but the challenge is quite fun. Seeing the old expacks being used more like Goldeneye remote mines than delicate demolitions charges which required a physical connection with the detonator was annoying, so this is much better.

fh01.jpg

(2) Not much action in this, but it showcases one of the nice deployable Browning 30cals. Instead of carrying around a heavy machine gun and being able to shoot on the run, you have to deploy your MGs. This was mainly a problem with the Axis, who got to carry MG34s like a B.A.R. They had deployable guns like this in the past revision, but you couldn't pick the gun back up and move it. Now, I think by giving the gun itself a tiny reload aura, it puts the gun back in your stock after you deploy it and man it, but the gun itself disappears if you leave it, so that's how they worked around whatever problems they previously had.

fh02.jpg

DarthWoo

Here are a couple more screens I took when I tried out Operation Rheinuebung over lan just to see what it looked like. I don't have a great PC, so these shots are taken at medium graphic detail and 80% textures. I'm sure it looks much better at high and 100%.

-The mighty Bismarck. Engineer wrenches don't really do as much as they used to when it comes to fixing these behemoths.

fh03.jpg

-The Ark Royal. FH carriers have much more defensive power than their vanilla counterparts. This one even has some anti-ship cannons on the sides.

fh04.jpg

-The Bismarck and Prinz Eugen, side by side.

fh05.jpg

-Making another pass, practicing a torpedo run. It passed under the ship :(

fh06.jpg

DarthWoo

A couple more.

-A collection of crazy British tanks.

fh07.jpg

-Same tanks, different view.

fh08.jpg

-A u-boat pen.

fh09.jpg

-Nazi planes.

fh10.jpg

-Interior of the Ju-52 transport plane. Now imagine it with a half dozen or so people crowded around inside. Then imagine yourself accidently pulling the pin on a potato masher and dropping it.

fh11.jpg

Top Bottom