• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Discussion

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Damn I thought Hopkins was going to get the majority draw there as they read the decisions LOL.

Dawson won, but shit, he sucks ass. He has no KO power, even to a 47 year old boxer. Then after the fight he wants a fight out of the division when he knows Pascal could tear him up.

Hopkins should probably just retire. He could probably keep fighting and keeping it close and probably even beat a few of the other alphabet champion fighters if he doesn't delay that long, but he doesn't have anything else to prove. And like I said earlier about making a name for yourself - Dawson didn't do it, and no one is going to give a shit about who he fights from now on.

Nobody has ever looked good against Bernard. Even at 47 he's in better shape than most in their 30's. Age didn't catch up to Bernard tonight, he was the same as he's been for years.. Dawson just was craftier than him, quicker than him, and smarter about out work him.

But yeah, Dawson is no Julian Jackson, but I still enjoyed the fight.

Mitchell v Witherspoon was a good brawl, and really showed that Mitchell has a lot of heart and knows what to do when hurt. He came back from almost being floored to dominating and stopping a pretty decent guy.

WOW. Paulie Malignaggi now WBA Welterweight champion. Great fight from him, executed perfectly to beat Senchenko.

Many options now.. allot of fighters will be licking their lips hoping to take it off him with ease. If Mayweather steps back down after Cotto it could be an easy win, if Khan steps up after Peterson he will fancy it. Kell Brook maybe aswell.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
WOW. Paulie Malignaggi now WBA Welterweight champion. Great fight from him, executed perfectly to beat Senchenko.

Many options now.. allot of fighters will be licking their lips hoping to take it off him with ease. If Mayweather steps back down after Cotto it could be an easy win, if Khan steps up after Peterson he will fancy it. Kell Brook maybe aswell.

Floyd doesn't normally care about WBA belts. Just WBC.

Floyd cares about money, not belts. No way for him to hype a fight with Paulie and get the the kind of money he wants. Not to mention it would be a terrible fight.

NXfaG.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...es-punch-ll-remember-long-time-183510057.html

Think Floyd is going to sparkle tonight.

Really like Cotto but this is a level too high for him.

Canelo/Mosley is the fight I'm most looking forwards to.

How is Cotto past his best??? I never understand this. He's still fairly young, and has only one legit loss to Pacquiao. After the Pacquiao fight he came back under Emanuel Steward and DESTROYED the undefeated Yuri Foreman. Then he got with Pedro Diaz and got revenge on Margarito. What has he done at all to indicate he's past his best? I think this is prime time Cotto we are going to see, even better than before.

With that said, I fully expect Mayweather to whoop that ass tonight. Mayweather still sharp, and gonna take the fight to Cotto. I think Money is gonna put on a show. I love both fighters, but my money is on money.

HARD WORK. DEDICATION.

Esch

Banned
Cotto in for another 12 rounds of getting sonned. Joke fight.

edit: man thats a funny post @ dude above me. manny steward was a terrible choice for cotto anyway. Cotto's outboxing isnt that great and never was.

Ill be happy enough if Floyd's smug face hits the floor. Just. Once. :p! Anything haha

Sorry bro, only thing Cotto hits tonight is Floyd's shoulder and the mat. That smug face will look right through the camera at you and wink when his hand is raised ;-)

This is a stupid fight anyway. Money is going to win. Yeah yeah, styles make fights, but we're just going round in circles waiting for the one that everyone wants to see. It's getting boring now. Zero hype for this, and I normally eat up HBO's coverage.

jchap

I would like to see Mosley put a good punch on Canelo before he gases in the 2nd round.

As for the main event: I expect a typical Mayweather clinical zero-risk win going away.

Clegg

Mayweather/Pacquiao will never happen.

Too much ego at stake and both camps are scared shitless that their fighter may lose.

I would like to see Mosley put a good punch on Canelo before he gases in the 2nd round.

i like Canelo but I kind of want to see him get tested too. Especially since after this, if he wins, they are going to start trying to thrust him into that superstar tier. Don't' know if he's there.

abuC

i like Canelo but I kind of want to see him get tested too. Especially since after this, if he wins, they are going to start trying to thrust him into that superstar tier. Don't' know if he's there.

If Canelo wins they probably set up the Chavez Jr. fight.

jchap

This fight presented by Goldenboy Promotions, Mayweather Promotions, Cotto Promotions, Canelo Promotions, Sugar Shane Mosley Promotions, Michael Buffer Promotions, CJ Ross Promotions, Glenn Trowbridge Promotions, Jay Naddy Promotions, MGM Grand Promotions, and WBC Promotions

This fight presented by Goldenboy Promotions, Mayweather Promotions, Cotto Promotions, Canelo Promotions, Sugar Shane Mosley Promotions, Michael Buffer Promotions, CJ Ross Promotions, Glenn Trobridge Promotions, Jay Naddy Promotions, MGM Grand Promotions, and WBC Promotions

We heard you like promotions....

jergrah

I dont know if Mosley can make it past 7 --- Alvarez getting some solid clean shots

Edit: Headbutt, that changes everything

Top Bottom